Optoma UHD60/65 Owners Thread - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 701Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1321 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Member
 
rmerlano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Vivitek HK2299 should be out very shortly (this month sometime). Uses same chips as UHD65. We will see how the lens is but Vivitek is usually a step up from Optoma.


Ah! Good. I will wait a little bit before pull the trigger for a new projector.


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Oppo UDP-203 - Receiver Denon X5200W - Projector Epson 5020UB - Projection Screen Elite Screen Mate White 150" gain 1.1
5 Channels Amplifier Emotiva XPA-5 - PreAmplifier Emotiva USP-1 - NAS Qnap 412 4x3TB Disks.
JBL Synthesis : LS80, LS Central, Subwoofer LS120P setup for ATMOS 7.1.4
rmerlano is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1322 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Member
 
RUN-NE1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Independence, (KC) MO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Might want to try the Vivitek HK2299 instead, it uses a more powerful lamp than the UHD65 that may help with your large screen.
What pricing have you seen on the HK2299? Any other advantages of it over UHD65?

Thanks

106" Mitsubishi HC7900DW and JVC coming soon.
Denon x4300h Atmos
Phillips 4K Bluray player
Polk Mon 60 fronts Mon 40 rears 80i ceiling
Klipsch 12"sub
Xbox One and X is on order.
RUN-NE1 is offline  
post #1323 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Member
 
RUN-NE1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Independence, (KC) MO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Little more info on Vivitek 2299/2288 and Optoma even.
http://www.projectorreviews.com/vivi...et-projectors/

106" Mitsubishi HC7900DW and JVC coming soon.
Denon x4300h Atmos
Phillips 4K Bluray player
Polk Mon 60 fronts Mon 40 rears 80i ceiling
Klipsch 12"sub
Xbox One and X is on order.
RUN-NE1 is offline  
 
post #1324 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Decisions decisions...the Viviteks also have 3 HDMI 2.0 ports if that matters to you.
KingBeef79 is offline  
post #1325 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Since we are having pictures here are some UHD65
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	522.0 KB
ID:	2292724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1142.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	414.9 KB
ID:	2292726   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	695.6 KB
ID:	2292728  

Home Theater: Optoma UHD65, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, XBox One
BondDonBond is offline  
post #1326 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Home Theater Lover
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12,182
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 4229
Then I'll post a few more from the UHD60 !






Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Craig Peer is online now  
post #1327 of 1523 Old 10-04-2017, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hyabusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post
These are great settings thank you!

Do you have the HDR settings too?
I will have them this weekend. Going to take a little time.
Hey Don, how did the HDR tests go?

Video Games, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

My Theater Video-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICvMefl03_s&t=145s
Hyabusha is offline  
post #1328 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post
Hey Don, how did the HDR tests go?
I started and ended with the setting from Projectorreviews.com paid section so I did not post them because they are their settings. I think it is like $10 to get them.

I do need to do more tweaking but I found out that I need to learn more about doing HDR with Calman before I mess things up.

Home Theater: Optoma UHD65, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, XBox One
BondDonBond is offline  
post #1329 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Then I'll post a few more from the UHD60 !

]
Craig,

So the question I have compared to some of the other projectors have worked with that would be twice as much or less would you say the 60 is 50% as good, 75% as good??

Home Theater: Optoma UHD65, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, XBox One

Last edited by BondDonBond; 10-05-2017 at 06:35 AM.
BondDonBond is offline  
post #1330 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hyabusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post
Hey Don, how did the HDR tests go?
I started and ended with the setting from Projectorreviews.com paid section so I did not post them because they are their settings. I think it is like $10 to get them.

I do need to do more tweaking but I found out that I need to learn more about doing HDR with Calman before I mess things up.
Thanks, I just subscribed.

Video Games, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

My Theater Video-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICvMefl03_s&t=145s
Hyabusha is offline  
post #1331 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Home Theater Lover
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12,182
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Craig,

So the question I have compared to some of the other projectors have worked with that would be twice as much or less would you say the 60 is 50% as good, 75% as good??
It's more a matter of examining the pros and cons of each projector, and seeing if there is a " deal killer " in there. These new XPR DLP projectors ( most of them I think ) have limited lens shift / narrow installation requirements. If it works in your room, good. Then they do have lower native contrast than some other similarly priced projectors. But, this one I had appears really sharp ( oh DLP - I've missed you ). So, if your room isn't a perfect " bat cave ", like a living room, it won't matter - you wouldn't be able to see that extra contrast anyway. But if you can easily afford a $5K projector, you might not be looking at this machine to begin with. Better to compare it to $1800.00 - $2500.00 projectors. I will say that it looked better in my theater than what I saw at Cedia - which isn't surprising since I have a dedicated theater !

So I side stepped your question. Yes, most $5K projectors are better than the $2K - $2500.00 offerings, for a variety of reasons - more flexible installation being one. But, if you don't want to spend that much, or can't spend that much, you can get a surprisingly good picture on one of these new DLP projectors with 4K or 1080p. I was pleasantly surprised

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Craig Peer is online now  
post #1332 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
It's more a matter of examining the pros and cons of each projector, and seeing if there is a " deal killer " in there. These new XPR DLP projectors ( most of them I think ) have limited lens shift / narrow installation requirements. If it works in your room, good. Then they do have lower native contrast than some other similarly priced projectors. But, this one I had appears really sharp ( oh DLP - I've missed you ). So, if your room isn't a perfect " bat cave ", like a living room, it won't matter - you wouldn't be able to see that extra contrast anyway. But if you can easily afford a $5K projector, you might not be looking at this machine to begin with. Better to compare it to $1800.00 - $2500.00 projectors. I will say that it looked better in my theater than what I saw at Cedia - which isn't surprising since I have a dedicated theater !

So I side stepped your question. Yes, most $5K projectors are better than the $2K - $2500.00 offerings, for a variety of reasons - more flexible installation being one. But, if you don't want to spend that much, or can't spend that much, you can get a surprisingly good picture on one of these new DLP projectors with 4K or 1080p. I was pleasantly surprised
Thanks, my wife and I have been surprised looking at projectors at different dealers. The UHD65 works fine without lens shift etc for my environment. I am looking at upgrading but when I look at the picture from some of the JVC and Sony products they are better BUT are they worth the $3000-12,000 better we are just like Hmmmm. If it blew me away like the UHD65 did compared to my Epson 1080P it would be like SOLD.
woodhead2 likes this.

Home Theater: Optoma UHD65, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, XBox One
BondDonBond is offline  
post #1333 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,879
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Hi, Craig Peer

How do the blacks and contrast compare to something like Benq W1070?

jsil is online now  
post #1334 of 1523 Old 10-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Home Theater Lover
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12,182
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
Hi, Craig Peer

How do the blacks and contrast compare to something like Benq W1070?
No idea - I've never owned or spent time with a 1070. Check Sound and Vision and projectorreviews.com for hard numbers. I'd guess probably similar, but the UHD60 has the 4K picture capability advantage !

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Craig Peer is online now  
post #1335 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Chris Blount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
It's more a matter of examining the pros and cons of each projector, and seeing if there is a " deal killer " in there. These new XPR DLP projectors ( most of them I think ) have limited lens shift / narrow installation requirements. If it works in your room, good. Then they do have lower native contrast than some other similarly priced projectors. But, this one I had appears really sharp ( oh DLP - I've missed you ). So, if your room isn't a perfect " bat cave ", like a living room, it won't matter - you wouldn't be able to see that extra contrast anyway. But if you can easily afford a $5K projector, you might not be looking at this machine to begin with. Better to compare it to $1800.00 - $2500.00 projectors. I will say that it looked better in my theater than what I saw at Cedia - which isn't surprising since I have a dedicated theater !

So I side stepped your question. Yes, most $5K projectors are better than the $2K - $2500.00 offerings, for a variety of reasons - more flexible installation being one. But, if you don't want to spend that much, or can't spend that much, you can get a surprisingly good picture on one of these new DLP projectors with 4K or 1080p. I was pleasantly surprised
That's actually a very good analysis. The lower priced DLP projectors are perfect for those who just want a better home theater experience but don't have a dedicated room and a lot of money. Even if you have a dedicated room, the DLP projectors are not necessarily a bad choice. It just really depends on your money and installation situation.
Craig Peer likes this.

Chris Blount
Chris Blount is offline  
post #1336 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,877
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Blount View Post
That's actually a very good analysis. The lower priced DLP projectors are perfect for those who just want a better home theater experience but don't have a dedicated room and a lot of money. Even if you have a dedicated room, the DLP projectors are not necessarily a bad choice. It just really depends on your money and installation situation.
Some criticize dlp native contrast but if you can get to around 5000:1 with a dynamic iris that is not annoying, that contrast level will satisfy 99% of consumers imo.
Chris Blount likes this.
Ruined is online now  
post #1337 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
madbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Some criticize dlp native contrast but if you can get to around 5000:1 with a dynamic iris that is not annoying, that contrast level will satisfy 99% of consumers imo.
The dynamic iris is also not distractingly noisy when opening and closing, like it was on my Sanyo PLV-Z2000 . I had to turn that off as it was driving me nuts. Not so on the UHD65.
Chris Blount likes this.
madbrain is offline  
post #1338 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
madbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Blount View Post
That's actually a very good analysis. The lower priced DLP projectors are perfect for those who just want a better home theater experience but don't have a dedicated room and a lot of money. Even if you have a dedicated room, the DLP projectors are not necessarily a bad choice. It just really depends on your money and installation situation.
I have a dedicated room, but also have a budget, I want to retire some day, sooner than later It wasn't that long ago that the cheapest 4K projector cost $25K, so I decided to wait on that.
I have some friends abroad who purchased some in recent years, but there wasn't much 4K content to view in the first place. Being an early adopter is always costly.
Now at least there is some serviceable amount of content, even though most is still HD. Heck, some movies are only on DVD bit rates still
madbrain is offline  
post #1339 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
I have a dedicated room, but also have a budget, I want to retire some day, sooner than later It wasn't that long ago that the cheapest 4K projector cost $25K, so I decided to wait on that.
I have some friends abroad who purchased some in recent years, but there wasn't much 4K content to view in the first place. Being an early adopter is always costly.
Now at least there is some serviceable amount of content, even though most is still HD. Heck, some movies are only on DVD bit rates still
I have a dedicated room also and retirement is just a myth. I can get a new JVC640 or Sony 385 but it still has me saying Hmmmm is the cost benefit analysis worth it. My UHD65 in my dark room looks good. Now if I could get the JVC Z1 for 15K or less that to me is a big step up like the UHD was from the Epson.

Home Theater: Optoma UHD65, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, XBox One
BondDonBond is offline  
post #1340 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Home Theater Lover
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12,182
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
I have a dedicated room also and retirement is just a myth. I can get a new JVC640 or Sony 385 but it still has me saying Hmmmm is the cost benefit analysis worth it. My UHD65 in my dark room looks good. Now if I could get the JVC Z1 for 15K or less that to me is a big step up like the UHD was from the Epson.
I'll call you when I decide to sell mine.

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Craig Peer is online now  
post #1341 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Member
 
rayan1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Update on my UHD65.
Absolutely love the projector and have no regrets whatsoever.
Colors pop and the image is ultra sharp. Compared to my last optima DLP this one is sooo much better in terms or RBE, I rarely see it and its extremely faint. Black levels are more than enough for me. The Image is fairly bright but I wouldn't count on using it in a room without blinds though. The remote is kinda annoying compared to my last optoma as this doesn't have correct labels for the functions but instead have a bunch of random buttons that you have to figure out. The zoom wheel is also kind of rough but besides those two things I don't really have that much bad to say about it. Decided to watch The Fate Of The Furious in 4K and WOW the image had great color to it mediocre blacks and was as sharp as a knife.
All in all for the money I'm extremely satisfied, if you're little less into movies with lots of dark scenes and have a non-controlled room I would definitely recommend you seriously consider it.
rayan1910 is offline  
post #1342 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Newbie
 
Parsnips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I've been interested in looking at a UHD65 but I find that I'm looking forthem... Not B&H, not Amazon, not Best Buy, weird.

I read about a firmware update somewhere on here, are they holding them for that, maybe?

Also, I've read (somewhere on here ) that the lens should be at the level of the top on the screen for a ceiling mount... Does that work in reverse if I want to put my projector on an AV cabinet, i.e. should the lens be level with the bottom of the screen? I have a dedicated screening room (by which I mean it's the ONLY room, I live in a NYC apartment) and I don't care about people stumbling in front of the picture since crowds aren't really an issue.

(Also the building is built like a fortress and the ceiling is steel covered by concrete and not easily drilled into).

I want my UHD65! Aaaaahhhh!!!!
woodhead2 likes this.
Parsnips is offline  
post #1343 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 AM
aka: HarperVision
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1599 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I'll call you when I decide to sell mine.

SOLD....to me!!! Now go get your replacement Sony VW885ES and let's get this sale moving along Craig!
Dave Harper is offline  
post #1344 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I'll call you when I decide to sell mine.
Yeah...been watching your posts in that thread. Looks great but 35K is a little too much. I like the 15K Europe price of the 785 but we need to support Sony so they can sell lower in the rest of the world. Like the drug companies overcharging the US so you can buy in Canada at 1/3 the price.
Dave Harper, dreamer and woodhead2 like this.

Home Theater: Optoma UHD65, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, XBox One
BondDonBond is offline  
post #1345 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,877
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnips View Post
I've been interested in looking at a UHD65 but I find that I'm looking forthem... Not B&H, not Amazon, not Best Buy, weird.

I read about a firmware update somewhere on here, are they holding them for that, maybe?

Also, I've read (somewhere on here ) that the lens should be at the level of the top on the screen for a ceiling mount... Does that work in reverse if I want to put my projector on an AV cabinet, i.e. should the lens be level with the bottom of the screen? I have a dedicated screening room (by which I mean it's the ONLY room, I live in a NYC apartment) and I don't care about people stumbling in front of the picture since crowds aren't really an issue.

(Also the building is built like a fortress and the ceiling is steel covered by concrete and not easily drilled into).

I want my UHD65! Aaaaahhhh!!!!
Yes lens either needs to be level with top of screen and higher; or level with bottom of screen and lower
Ruined is online now  
post #1346 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Newbie
 
Parsnips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Yes lens either needs to be level with top of screen and higher; or level with bottom of screen and lower
Thanks, I'm all set!!!! Oh, wait...
Parsnips is offline  
post #1347 of 1523 Old 10-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Home Theater Lover
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12,182
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Yeah...been watching your posts in that thread. Looks great but 35K is a little too much. I like the 15K Europe price of the 785 but we need to support Sony so they can sell lower in the rest of the world. Like the drug companies overcharging the US so you can buy in Canada at 1/3 the price.
There are b stocks available !
BondDonBond likes this.

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Craig Peer is online now  
post #1348 of 1523 Old 10-07-2017, 03:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Star56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Posts: 3,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmerlano View Post
Ah! Good. I will wait a little bit before pull the trigger for a new projector.


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
So I hooked up my 65 to my Xbox1 earlier tonight. I tried Call of Duty online and Forza 7 ( I have a wheel/pedals setup). Maybe I am clueless but I could not detect any lag at all. I expected a lag fest given the lag numbers posted here. Nada. I am getting a Xbox 1x so I was quite please to see that Forza 7 in 4K will be usable on the 65.
s.morris and batfinkus like this.

42" in the dining room. 50" in the bedroom. 80" in the living room. 65" in the family room. 70" in the family room. 106" in the family room "This is the voice of world control" Video Modes:EDTV-XGA-HDTV-4K HDR
Star56 is offline  
post #1349 of 1523 Old 10-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Are you guys using white or grey screens with your UHD60s in light controlled rooms?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcstephen is offline  
post #1350 of 1523 Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,877
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstephen View Post
Are you guys using white or grey screens with your UHD60s in light controlled rooms?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IMO you should be using at most a 1.0 gain screen if your size is not too large (ie no bigger than 140"). I use a 120" 0.9 gain screen (da lite HD progressive 0.9) with a projector that has native contrast in the same ballpark and around 25% less lumens. And this combo feels perfect to me.

0.9-1.0 is ideal. If the pic is still too bright with a 0.9 you should buy a UHD65 instead of a uhd60 IMO. By going with a 0.7 grey or something like this you are limiting the whites. If it's too dark (like if you are over 140") then look into a 1.1 gain.

Last edited by Ruined; 10-07-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Ruined is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off