Wireless Audio For BenQ HT2050 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wireless Audio For BenQ HT2050

Hello again!

I wanted to get some insight and opinions on an upcoming conundrum I'm going to be having. I have a BenQ HT2050 right now, and a Vizio soundbar. I run my XBOX One S and my PS4 Pro on my projector, and I have currently run Optic Audio out of each, run through a splitter, to the Vizio soundbar. It's been working just fine for me, but I'm about to upgrade my coffee table to the Sobro Coffee Table, which has a built in speaker system that I'd like to try and run the audio through provided it's a quality set-up.

It comes with a wireless bluetooth dongle that has an HDMI connecter on the end, so in theory I could attempt to use the dongle (unlikely as neither the XBOX One S and the PS4 Pro is set up for bluetooth audio transmitting.) or I could try to figure out some sort of HDMI solution. Ideally, I'd have something that I can plug into the coffee table and then something I can plug the systems into, but I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-01-2017, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpierce2690 View Post
Hello again!

I wanted to get some insight and opinions on an upcoming conundrum I'm going to be having. I have a BenQ HT2050 right now, and a Vizio soundbar. I run my XBOX One S and my PS4 Pro on my projector, and I have currently run Optic Audio out of each, run through a splitter, to the Vizio soundbar. It's been working just fine for me, but I'm about to upgrade my coffee table to the Sobro Coffee Table, which has a built in speaker system that I'd like to try and run the audio through provided it's a quality set-up.

It comes with a wireless bluetooth dongle that has an HDMI connecter on the end, so in theory I could attempt to use the dongle (unlikely as neither the XBOX One S and the PS4 Pro is set up for bluetooth audio transmitting.) or I could try to figure out some sort of HDMI solution. Ideally, I'd have something that I can plug into the coffee table and then something I can plug the systems into, but I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thoughts?
Hate to be the guy that bumps, but any ideas?
post #3 of 8 Old 10-01-2017, 10:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 825
Why don't you setup your game systems to send audio via Bluetooth to the table? This is a standard function, I believe, for all modern video game consoles. It's how all of their headsets work isn't it?

I'm not sure what that wireless piece is. If I were to guess, I think it may use the audio return channel (ARC) found on many current televisions to go from the HDMI (ARC) connection to Bluetooth. Since, that's not a feature that the HT2050 (or almost any) projector supports, then it's not helpful for a projector.

It would surprise me if the speakers in that relatively inexpensive table actually did outperform your sound bar, but then again, it depends on how cheap your sound bar is. Typically the push is to get better bookshelf speaker in place with a quality subwoofer/surround system setup, and that's all going to need wires.

You could get something like this to plug the optical cables into...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JD09NYW...672756145&th=1

Then add a Bluetooth transmitter, which is readily available online as well.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...th+transmitter

post #4 of 8 Old 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Why don't you setup your game systems to send audio via Bluetooth to the table? This is a standard function, I believe, for all modern video game consoles. It's how all of their headsets work isn't it?

I'm not sure what that wireless piece is. If I were to guess, I think it may use the audio return channel (ARC) found on many current televisions to go from the HDMI (ARC) connection to Bluetooth. Since, that's not a feature that the HT2050 (or almost any) projector supports, then it's not helpful for a projector.

It would surprise me if the speakers in that relatively inexpensive table actually did outperform your sound bar, but then again, it depends on how cheap your sound bar is. Typically the push is to get better bookshelf speaker in place with a quality subwoofer/surround system setup, and that's all going to need wires.

You could get something like this to plug the optical cables into...

Then add a Bluetooth transmitter, which is readily available online as well.
To be honest, I'm not sure that you can bluetooth the audio from either the PS4 or the XBOX One to a dongle, but I could be wrong. I'm slowly working my way into the world of home theater.

And yes, you could be totally right about the sound quality, which would solve this issue. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic though, just because the idea sounds awesome.

Finally, the idea of perhaps using a mini-jack to bluetooth receiver sounds awesome if there's a way to connect it to that dongle. That might be the best way to go, I'm just concerned about some lag. I had an Optic Audio wireless connector that caused a huge amount of lag and it drove us crazy. Any experience with that or any recommendations that you would make on that?
post #5 of 8 Old 10-03-2017, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Once again, the dongle has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

The table has a Bluetooth receiver in it. Pair your game consoles up to the table directly.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-04-2017, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Once again, the dongle has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

The table has a Bluetooth receiver in it. Pair your game consoles up to the table directly.
Once again, to my knowledge, I don't believe either the XBOX One or the PS4 has the ability to pair to just any bluetooth, but I could be wrong. I know that my PS4 required a speech headset to pair, I haven't used any headsets with the XBOX One, but I feel like it's the same situation.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-04-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
FYI, someone on Reddit posted the following links and warned that the Sobro Coffee Table fund-raising program may be a scam for a product that's already available at lower cost from multiple sellers on Alibaba and there's even an amazon.com listing:

amazon.com/PRIMST-Multifunction-Refrigerator-Bluetooth-Speakers/dp/B01HZWZRE4

alibaba.com/product-detail/Fridge-table-with-bluetooth-speaker_60606498605.html

alibaba.com/product-detail/Coffee-table-with-fridge_60606280452.html

alibaba.com/product-detail/Coffee-table-with-Mini-fridge_60581663787.html

alibaba.com/product-detail/Coffee-Bar-with-fridge-and-bluetooth_60609501632.html
post #8 of 8 Old 10-04-2017, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpierce2690 View Post
Once again, to my knowledge, I don't believe either the XBOX One or the PS4 has the ability to pair to just any bluetooth, but I could be wrong. I know that my PS4 required a speech headset to pair, I haven't used any headsets with the XBOX One, but I feel like it's the same situation.
I have no idea of what it is that you are talking about. I've never tried. But, heck! I've got a PS4 and I've got a bluetooth speaker that is pretty darn generic... I'll give it a try and let you know if it works or what the dealio is and report back on this thread.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
benq ht2050 , ps4 pro , sobro coffee table , wireless audio , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page