New Lamp to Sell Optoma HD25? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 23
New Lamp to Sell Optoma HD25?

Should I purchase/install a new lamp in an HD25 before selling it? The current lamp is still going but it's dimmer on one side a lot of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 256
No, I doubt you'd get your money back. Buyers of used projectors should expect to replace the lamp and then they would know what they are getting instead of trusting you replaced the lamp with an OEM lamp or a knockoff.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Home Theater, Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 10TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2248 Post(s)
Liked: 708
It might be better to save the money and pass that savings on.
This lets buyers get the same projector+new lamp for the same price IF they choose to buy a fresh lamp, and it lets them choose their preferred lamp distributor and lets them know it's new rather than leaving doubt that a seller is just resetting the timer or re-boxing a used lamp.

Not saying you personally would do anything shady, but this removes all doubt for any potential buyers.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2017, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Fair enough thanks guys. Yeah I wouldn't trust someone I don't know and wouldn't expect it of anyone else. The issue here is that I was an amateur projector owner, and basically ran this bulb into the ground prematurely by turning it on and off multiple times per day. So now I have to try and convince a buyer that the dimness on one side is just the bulb, even though I'm not entirely sure it is just the bulb.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-22-2017, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMB View Post
Fair enough thanks guys. Yeah I wouldn't trust someone I don't know and wouldn't expect it of anyone else. The issue here is that I was an amateur projector owner, and basically ran this bulb into the ground prematurely by turning it on and off multiple times per day. So now I have to try and convince a buyer that the dimness on one side is just the bulb, even though I'm not entirely sure it is just the bulb.
Well, if the projector can't be shown to prospective buyers, then that is something else. The problem is that the projector itself is probably not worth as much as a genuine lamp would cost, so putting a genuine lamp in it won't net you anything from the sale. You might haunt the HD25 owners thread to see if anyone can recommend a decent inexpensive generic bare lamp. Amazon has one for $50 with mostly decent reviews https://www.amazon.com/QueenYii-Repl...ustomerReviews

Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page