AVS Forum banner

iCodis CB-400 Owner's Thread

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RM1987 
#1 ·
As I haven't been able to find any discussions on this projector, I'm starting one here. The iCodis CB-400 is a mini-projector, 720x1280 at about 500 ANSI lumens and includes a built-in battery. It's Android-based and has active 3D and the ability to use Android streaming apps, as well as most other Android apps. As a Chinese-made product, support is not always forthcoming. Hence this discussion.

More info on iCodis is available at:
https://projecticodis.com/

#2 ·
iCodis CB-400
Some technical questions:

1. What disk formats are supported with local media (external drives)? I've tried an external HD via USB 3.0 formatted in NTSF and it didn't show up. I've also tried a USB thumb drive and a Micro SD card (TF) formatted in ExFAT and no luck. The MicroSD did show up when formatted in MS-DOS. The problem is that you can't put files over 4GB on an MS-DOS formatted drive.

2. Is there a PC-keyboard equivalent to the Back button on the remote? I bought a tiny keyboard from Jelly Comb and have found that the f1 key will activate the 3D, but there doesn't seem to be any obvious equivalent to the back button. It sure would be helpful if one could use the keyboard alone instead of also needing the remote.

3. Has anyone had any luck with the Amazon video app? The app itself works, but the videos won't actually play.

4. Also no luck with the System Update via the web. Does one have to download the updates on a computer first?

Thanks

#3 ·
Partly answered some things:

Some technical questions:

1. What disk formats are supported with local media (external drives)? I've tried an external HD via USB 3.0 formatted in NTSF and it didn't show up. I've also tried a USB thumb drive and a Micro SD card (TF) formatted in ExFAT and no luck. The MicroSD did show up when formatted in MS-DOS. The problem is that you can't put files over 4GB on an MS-DOS formatted drive.
FAT32 is supported, but again it doesn't allow you to use any file sizes over 4GB. Any support for a modern disk format such as ExFAT or NTSF?

4. Also no luck with the System Update via the web. Does one have to download the updates on a computer first?
There are explanations on projecticodis.com for how to update the software. Download to a computer and copy to a thumbdrive formatted in FAT32. One big problem is that it completely deletes all other data, so you have to reinstall all of your apps, update your passwords, etc. Luckily all of my apps were free. Amazon, however, continues to be unable to play a video.

#4 ·
Fakespot.com says to beware of user reviews about this projector on amazon.com and similar sites. It gets an F for having only 20% reliable reviews and 80% fake and deceptive, with many of the reviewer accounts appearing to have been generated by automation. By comparison a mainstream projector like the BenQ HT2050 gets an A from fakespot.com for having more than 90% high quality reviews and less than 10% fake and deceptive.

fakespot.com/product/icodis-cb-400-mini-projector-3000-lumens-native-hd-resolution-3d-playback-10000-1-contrast-ratio-build-in-10000mah-battery-android-os-portable-pico-projectors

#5 ·
I think a huge problem here is that you are asking on forums for answers to questions which should either be on their website, or more honestly, in your owner's manual.

When these types of basic questions aren't included in the manual or on their website, then you need to reach out to the manufacturer to get answers, and you need to let them know that these are BASIC questions which were not covered in their manual.

Odds are good that they have no idea at all what they are selling you. That is, they don't make it, they are just marketing the product to people who are willing to buy it. They are passing specifications on which were poorly written in China to begin with, and now any real details are locked away inside the head of of some gear spinner overseas that nobody can remember.

So, you are left trying to figure out what it is you actually own, and you don't get clear direction on any of it, which makes zero sense to me at all.

If it is Android compatible, then it should just work. When it doesn't, then contact them! Yell at them! Demand resolution or return the product for the functionality that was promised, but is lacking. Or keep it and live with those issues as something uncurable.

They are more honest with the specifications than many companies that I have seen, but they still don't have it together overall from what I saw on their website.

I would just get a Roku or AppleTV and hook it up and call it a day.

#6 ·
i got Dooped myself about this article....it was like 280 $ on ebay.....

i was happy to receving it.....until i heard that ****ing noise.....like an hair dryer......

i knew how to update,so i did......nothing...mini sd cards work...i thought they didn't.....until i found out they have to be FAT32

...usb everything good......i tried to contact the seller and the manufacturer about guarantee and stuff......not a big help...plus they don't answer anymore.....and now,after a month of use the internal speakers don't work anymore........i tried to reset the thing but the only thing it does is remove the google accounts........i should have buy the wohoto one or whatever it's called......on youtube a guy said it's very quite.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.