Allan:D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 12-09-2003, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just visited the retailer once again and asked the salesman to turn on the high lamp mode on HS20. Unfortunately, he could not figure out which menu settings does that. So I am not even sure whether the projector was demoed in high or low lamp mode.
There were menu items about standard and cinema mode, but switching between them did not seem to change anything.
post #93 of 97 Old 12-09-2003, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stain
I just visited the retailer once again and asked the salesman to turn on the high lamp mode on HS20. Unfortunately, he could not figure out which menu settings does that. So I am not even sure whether the projector was demoed in high or low lamp mode.
There were menu items about standard and cinema mode, but switching between them did not seem to change anything.
To get it in "high" lamp mode, all he should have to do is push the "dynamic" button on the remote control. That *should* be the brightest setting....

--Scott
post #94 of 97 Old 12-12-2003, 05:55 AM

Has anyone compared HS20 brightness to AE500/Z2 ?
post #95 of 97 Old 12-12-2003, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by mad_arab
The PJCentral review was very interesting, finally my noise question was answered :D But from what it says it appears the Z2 has no kind of AI mode, just the iris, which you must adjust manually? :confused: It did however say that the AI on the AE500 didn't make a very big difference, but I'd still suspect it would be nice because I'd like good black levels combined with a punchy image.
The Z2 has an autolamp mode. They don't call it Artificial Intelligence, which I think is overstating the situation.
post #96 of 97 Old 12-12-2003, 08:35 AM

Well what confused me was darin saying the AI on the AE500 had a noticable (and good) effect, while no one has really commented on its effect on the Z2, most posts just say people run it in low lamp mode which indicates its no huge impact.

The reason I'm asking so much about the AI is that it does what I've been missing for a long time on my AE300, the ability to get decent black levels but still deliver a punchy image in bright scenes. That means buying one of these, I'd want to use that feature.
post #97 of 97 Old 12-13-2003, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by mad_arab
Well what confused me was darin saying the AI on the AE500 had a noticable (and good) effect, while no one has really commented on its effect on the Z2, most posts just say people run it in low lamp mode which indicates its no huge impact.

The reason I'm asking so much about the AI is that it does what I've been missing for a long time on my AE300, the ability to get decent black levels but still deliver a punchy image in bright scenes. That means buying one of these, I'd want to use that feature.
I haven't played with the feature because I've been pleased enough with low lamp mode. I heard early on that auto-lamp mode caused the fan noise to increase and decrease very noticeably, an effect that was not appreciated. However, I've read some posts suggesting that the fan noise does not change. So, I don't know what to think about it. My guess is that it does. I wouldn't appreciate the scene getting a little punchier (20% increase in brightness) but that louder fan noise kicking in - seems twice as loud and probably is. I'd sooner open the iris some, which I leave closed most of the time. Brightness isn't an issue for me usually since I'm 9 feet from the screen. By the time I zoom out to the point where I'm not getting bugged by SDE, it's plenty bright. Besides, my ambient light is totally under control.
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page