Help getting to optics for cleaning on Sharp PJ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-04-2004, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an old Sharp XG-E1200U PJ which I bought second hand. Apparently the first owner wasn't took keen on cleanliness (think Pig Pen, Charlie Brown's friend). The problem is that I can't find a good way to get to the optics to clean them. I've had the case open, lens removed, and even removed the main circuit board, and it still looks like I need to completely disassemble the thing to get to the panels. Am I missing something here? (Is this why the say "No user serviceable parts inside"?)

Also, is there a way to distinguish dust on the internal optics (LCD Panels, mirrors, prisms, etc. ) from dust on the lenses? This is kind of similar to an earlier post on this forum.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Bob

...there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know." -D. Rumsfeld
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-05-2004, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, the responses are overwhelming. I guess DIY ends for most folks at the outer casing of the projector. ;)

Any thoughts on the "where's the dust" question. Yesterday I adjusted the zoom until the dust came in perfectly focused - projecting a white source, the particles were all Red. Looked like my red LCD had exploded and deposited little fragments quite uniformly across the picture. :eek: This couldn't be the case, right? Maybe it's just dust somewhere along the light path leading to/from the Red LCD?

...there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know." -D. Rumsfeld
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page