Found a GREAT use for the "freeze" button on our PJ remote. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-21-2005, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We are looking to get a new car. Don't have a TIVO, so....

I am using the freeze button when watching TV on the PJ, so I can "read the fine print" on those car commercials.

There's always fine print...how much down you need etc., but no human can read all that junk that fast.

When I see a car commercial, I push the "freeze" button on the PJ remote which keeps that frame on screen. Then, I call my wife in and we read
the fine print.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 31
LOL! :)
Might be useful for taking screen shots as well.
As long as you freeze it at the right moment. I've tried this function myself a few times...

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #3 of 5 Old 02-21-2005, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have my PJ hooked up to a PC, so the remote freeze is the best I can do. Given our "source is regular cable" it is still a bit fuzzy, yet at least you really can "read the fine print."

We are learning alot about the fine print in commercials.

It's crazy how they market this stuff! My degree is in Advertising, but realistically, no human being can read the REAL story on these ads on a PJ at 120 inches across, let alone a 27inch tv or even a 700 inch across screen. Goes by too fast.

Given it is a tactic to get you in a showroom, but really, it could be taken as false advertising in my opinion.

Certainly, an arguement could be made, especially by a JR. Legistlator who needs to come up with an idea for a new bill. ;)
post #4 of 5 Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 PM

Good way to learn magic tricks on TV..just freeze and step frame the hand is quicker than the eye thing.

Life IS good
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2005, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I get TV on my PJ throught my PC using an ATI all in wonder card, whenever there's something I want to remember like if I see an add for something I want to buy i can press the screen shot button on the ATI remote and it saves it as in image in my documents, or I can put the TV on pause and resume from there. I dont' use the freeze on my PJ since the PC can pause the tv and resume from where i left off. Sometimes when a long show or movie starts, I leave it on pause for half an hour or so before watching it, that way I can fast forward through all the ads after :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page