Newbie Question re: Projector Connections - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-30-2005, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering getting a projector, and have a couple of basic questions that I was hoping someone could answer:

(1) From reading other posts, it appears that there are at least two different ways to connect the projector to my other components: (i) I could connect everything (DVD, cable box, etc) to my receiver and then simply connect the receiver to the projector (correct me if this is not possible); or (ii) I could connect the DVD, cable box and any other components directly to the projector. As the first method will involve the running of only 1 line to the projector rather than 3 or more, I would obviously prefer to do it this way. My question, however, is whether this method will result in a noticeably worse picture quality or cause any other negative effects.

(2) In running one or more cables to the projector, will the picture be noticeably worse if I have to run 30 or 40 foot lines rather than 10 or 12 feet? I'm asking because it would be a lot easier for me to do it with the longer lines, but I will reconsider this if my picture quality is going to suffer significantly.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Welcome to the forum and good luck wit your purchase. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can do either, run everything to your receiver (except HDMI/DVI unless your receiver has an HDMI/DVI port) or you can connect your equipment directly to the projector, the choice is yours.

2. I have 40' cables connected to my projector (Panasonic 700) and am happy with the beautiful picture it is displaying. If I am getting a lose, I don't notice any.

Keep in mind that most projectors have only one port for each cable type (The Z3 has 2 component ports).
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page