Mitsubishi HC3000 MSRP $2,995 - Page 117 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3481 of 3491 Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
It helps if you take digital photos as your take things apart, I have done this with every projector I have disassembled. It can be very helpful when it comes time to put it back together. I was an auto mechanic for many years prior to digital cameras.. and many a time I wished I had a picture when putting back together major engine and dashboard jobs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3491 Old 11-24-2010, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

I called 888 307 8404 and let them know that I need a color wheel with the part# 499-D094030.
They faxed me an order form where you can put the part number, quantity and price down and you fax it back to Mitsu part supply with your CC info and you should be having your new color wheel in about 3 business days.
Besides fax, they can also email you the order form.

So, once you have the color wheel in your hands, that's how you proceed:
1. Take the 1 screw out from the lamp lid, remove the lid and unscrew the 3 screws that hold the lamp down. Remove lamp and place in a secure place.
2. Remove the 6 screws from the bottom of the projector and remove top projector lid, exposing a metal shield enclosing the mainboard, a few fans, optics and so on.
3. Remove the screws, which hold the top part of the metal shielding down and remove that shield, exposing the mainboard in the process.
4. Remove all those small connectors from the mainboard. Little tuck here and there and they should pop off.
5. Take all the screws out which hold the mainboard down, careful with the copper tongues, so they don't fall into the projector housing.
6. Removing the mainboard is a little difficult as there is a double sided sticky foam holding the mainboard down. You can see that by shining a flashlight underneath the mainboard. Just pull up the mainboard a little and it will slowly come loose. Once the foam is loose you should be able to completely remove the mainboard.
7. Remove the metal shielding that is exposed now after removing the mainboard.
8. Remove the two small fans in the back of the projector, one is for cooling the lamp, the other cools the DLP chip.
9. Remove the metal shield sitting behind the DLP chip's cooler. 3 very small screws are holding that shield down.
10. Remove the power plug for the lamp, which is being held down by 2 screws.
11. Remove the lamp housing, which is being held down by 3 screws.
12. Now remove the lens/mirror/DLP chip/color wheel assembly which is being held down by 4 screws.
13. Once you got that assembly in your hands, easy access to the color wheel's motor connector. Unclip the flat cable that powers the color wheel motor and remove the cable tie.
14. Remove the two small screws from the color wheel base and replace the old color wheel with the new one.

Reassemble going the steps backwards.

I don't think I have missed something, I may have since I just had a few margharitas and I wrote this down from memory... but hey, if you're not mechanically inclined, I wouldn't suggest you try it anyway.

Enjoy your fixed HC3000.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas for posting this info. It will be a lot of help.

Thank you.

Golffnutt

"GO DAWGS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3483 of 3491 Old 11-24-2010, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey guys I have a question for those of you who are operating your 3000 with a Harmony Universal Remote.

I have the Harmony 890Pro with the RF extenders. I have no porblems operating any part of my 3000 except for one thing, turning it off. Of course as we all know turning it off is a 2 button affair. I have mine programmed now so that my remote, for example, will turn on my receiver, my sat box, and my projector at the same time. It will also turn off the receiver and sat box but will only get to the screen that asks you if you want to turn off the projector, but it WON"T turn it off. I can't for the life of me get it to turn off. Can any of you tell me what I need to do in the programming side of the remote to get it to turn the projector off? I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it if you could help me out here, this is driving me and my very tech savvy son absolutely crazy. Thank you so much for trying to help me. Any by the way, May you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

golffnutt

Thank you.

Golffnutt

post #3484 of 3491 Old 11-25-2010, 07:02 AM

Liked: 10
I don't have the Harmony, but also had some problems. Maybe these thoughts will help.

[I noticed that even manually there is difficulty turning off the H3000 if the sat AVR is shutting down first. The loss of HDMI signal to the H3000 interrupts the response to the off commands for maybe 1-3 seconds.]

> Try to shutoff the H3000 first, before the Sat and AVR.

> Optionally you can always create a longer series as, "off-pause-off-pause-off-pause-off-pause-off commands that eventually will be recognized even if it is not the first unit shut down.

> If one of those doesn’t work, be sure you are including enough pause time between the 2 off commands.
post #3485 of 3491 Old 11-26-2010, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtalden View Post

I don't have the Harmony, but also had some problems. Maybe these thoughts will help.

[I noticed that even manually there is difficulty turning off the H3000 if the sat AVR is shutting down first. The loss of HDMI signal to the H3000 interrupts the response to the off commands for maybe 1-3 seconds.]

> Try to shutoff the H3000 first, before the Sat and AVR.

> Optionally you can always create a longer series as, "off-pause-off-pause-off-pause-off-pause-off commands that eventually will be recognized even if it is not the first unit shut down.

> If one of those doesn't work, be sure you are including enough pause time between the 2 off commands.

Thank you for those words of advice. I tried it your way and it still won't work. I guess the remote is just defective. I give up, too frustrating but again thank you for trying to help me.

Thank you.

Golffnutt

post #3486 of 3491 Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 AM

Back in 2007 Cine4Home.com posted a review of this projector that included disassembly and a lot of good photos inside the unit. Being a pack rat I saved that review as a PDF. I just checked the original link and see it is not there and was unable to find that review on their site. If you want to see the PDF version, I posted it here.

http://nineveh-junction.com/binaries...hi_HC-3000.pdf
post #3487 of 3491 Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKessler View Post

Back in 2007 Cine4Home.com posted a review of this projector that included disassembly and a lot of good photos inside the unit. Being a pack rat I saved that review as a PDF. I just checked the original link and see it is not there and was unable to find that review on their site. If you want to see the PDF version, I posted it here.

http://nineveh-junction.com/binaries...hi_HC-3000.pdf

Thank you very much JWKessler for that info. I still love my 3000 and have not been convinced to take the 1080p jump yet due to my 3000's super picture quality. Just wish I could find a cheap source for the genuine replacement lamps, I go thru one about every 10-12 months as my projector is used as a TV and not just a movie projector only. Have a great and safe holiday season and thanks again for your post.

Thank you.

Golffnutt

post #3488 of 3491 Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I just pulled mine out of storage since mine been on a 2-year sabbatical leave and notice it only has 540 hours.

My next upgraded PJ will be the BenQ 7000W but before I budge I am just going to get it all hooked back up once we close on our house and if it makes me still smile as it did two-years ago, I think I can hold off for another 500 hours wink.gif This time it should not take as long to add the other 500+ hours (haha)

Either way upgrade is calling soon. The HC3000 will still find a corner of my house to be used, maybe as a backyard party PJ or put into the family room with a portable screen for Super Bowl party. smile.gif

Anyone else still own their hc3000's??

Shhhhhhhhh
post #3489 of 3491 Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Every night.. put it on the table, put up the screen (one of the last HP 2.8 screens made) .. 3000+ hours on my OEM lamp.. bought used with 4000 hours on the unit.. Have to upgrade the house before It makes sense to upgrade the projector.. even then I will probably just replace the lamp and wait another 3000 hours.. lots of other things to spend money on that will be a bigger bang for the buck the a new projector would be!
Good luck and enjoy!
post #3490 of 3491 Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Every night.. put it on the table, put up the screen (one of the last HP 2.8 screens made) .. 3000+ hours on my OEM lamp.. bought used with 4000 hours on the unit.. Have to upgrade the house before It makes sense to upgrade the projector.. even then I will probably just replace the lamp and wait another 3000 hours.. lots of other things to spend money on that will be a bigger bang for the buck the a new projector would be!
Good luck and enjoy!

That is amazing lamp life. I think by spec its only 2K lamp life. Good to hear they can last that long.

I really love the colors of this 3000. I also owned a 705HD and didn't like it as much, but loved the lens-shift option.

As in why I am still sticking to DLP and choosing the 7000w cause it has lens shift and also the throw distance and brightness will be better as i'm going to go with a 130" screen and need the extra lumens / throw ratio and big plus on lens shift. wink.gif

Shhhhhhhhh
post #3491 of 3491 Old 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM

My almost 7 year old HC-3000 is still going strong and, in fact, just went over 4,000 hours on it's original lamp this past weekend! Still as sharp as ever (considering that it's almost 7 years old) and really doesn't appear to have dimmed much - always used on low setting. Not only that but I still have a new spare lamp that I got with my 4-year warranty. So I may still be using this thing in 2021! smile.gif

It is truly sad that Mitsubishi is now out of the projector business. I, for one, would have loved getting one of their 4k projectors in 2020 or so when they got under a grand! rolleyes.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page