AE900 Tweak thread. - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1447 Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
fauzigarib, I have a similar problem today. let me know if you find a solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1447 Old 09-13-2009, 10:13 PM

Ranaali,

No luck for me. I tried something everywhere, but had no luck. I live in Pakistan, so there was no one (that I could find, at least) who could flush the firmware and install an update.

However, I have a feeling that my problem was a little more complicated. I found afterwards that I had introduced an external TV tuner into my system (a REALLY cheap device) that was shooting out a bit of voltage in the video outs. This out was going directly into the projector, so I wouldn't be surprised if it actually fried something on the mother board of the panny.

So in short, I think it's worth a shot if you can get the firmware upgraded. Otherwise, time to scrap it.

Good luck to you,

Fauzi
post #1443 of 1447 Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Bumping a blast from the past!

Has any AE900 owner been using theirs at the "dynamic" setting? I previously had it calibrated using Avia on "Cinema 1". I was messing around with the menu settings the other day and just out of curiosity changed it to dynamic. It look at lot more vibrant, bright, the colors were popping, but there was a loss of shadow details.

My question is, has anyone tried to calibrate using Avia using the "dynamic" setting as a starting point, without using a filter?

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.
post #1444 of 1447 Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM

I had some brightness problems with my AE900 for a long time. Replacing bulb didn't help so i decided to take a look at ballast unit. It's not easy to take it apart, but there is small potentiometer on it that you can adjust. It directly affects to image brightness. Turning it clockwise a little should give back the brightness you used to have. However, you should not do this with old bulb, only do this if image is still dim with new bulb. I personally was forced to run dynamic mode and/or lamp set to high or i couldn't really see much.

This potentiometer adjustment also solved small flickering issue i had every now and then (IRIS is different story, not related to this flickering).
post #1445 of 1447 Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by larppaxyz View Post

I had some brightness problems with my AE900 for a long time. Replacing bulb didn't help so i decided to take a look at ballast unit. It's not easy to take it apart, but there is small potentiometer on it that you can adjust. It directly affects to image brightness. Turning it clockwise a little should give back the brightness you used to have. However, you should not do this with old bulb, only do this if image is still dim with new bulb. I personally was forced to run dynamic mode and/or lamp set to high or i couldn't really see much.
This potentiometer adjustment also solved small flickering issue i had every now and then (IRIS is different story, not related to this flickering).

That's good info. I did replace the bulb on my AE900 (before upgrading) and although the brightness was improved (lumen measurement) it wasn't bright enough to really satisfy. Don't know if I'll bother now that I've moved on the AR100U but I'd like to know exactly where the potentiometer is located. I have a copy of the service manual.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #1446 of 1447 Old 10-26-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

That's good info. I did replace the bulb on my AE900 (before upgrading) and although the brightness was improved (lumen measurement) it wasn't bright enough to really satisfy. Don't know if I'll bother now that I've moved on the AR100U but I'd like to know exactly where the potentiometer is located. I have a copy of the service manual.

There is only one potentiometer on ballast unit, it's small (1cmx1cm) and grey. To get acces to that, you need to remove ballast unit completely and 'unbox' it.
post #1447 of 1447 Old 10-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by larppaxyz View Post

There is only one potentiometer on ballast unit, it's small (1cmx1cm) and grey. To get acces to that, you need to remove ballast unit completely and 'unbox' it.

On Most Ballasts you can also access this Pot from the rear of the ballast. There will be a tiny hole that allows you to pass a TINY plastic screw driver type headed tool through, You can do this on SOME projectors. But make sure you use a non conductive tool so you don't short something out. You can use a tiny jewelers screwdriver if you use a tiny heat shrink around its shaft

Bohanna
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page