Infocus IN72-IN74-IN76 - Page 143 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4261 of 4269 Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

HI Mate,

I have the same problem that you had, but with an IN76. I have replaced the inner fuse, but it wasn't that. When I plug it in the fans spin for 1 sec and that's it. It wont switch on. Did you eventually find a solution?

Thanks so much.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4269 Old 03-22-2014, 03:55 AM

Liked: 12
Hi. See the earlier posts about source freeze which can exhibit these symptoms. Its fixed by updating to the latest firmware. Otherwise sounds like main controller board is bad.
post #4263 of 4269 Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlp View Post

Hi. See the earlier posts about source freeze which can exhibit these symptoms. Its fixed by updating to the latest firmware. Otherwise sounds like main controller board is bad.

Thanks mate. I have ordered an m1 to usb cable, I'll try this method.
post #4264 of 4269 Old 03-27-2014, 12:13 PM

I could cry with joy and kiss you all! The upgrade worked! And all it cost me was £16 for the cable! Thank you , thank you, thank you!

post #4265 of 4269 Old 03-28-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnickal View Post

I could cry with joy and kiss you all! The upgrade worked! And all it cost me was £16 for the cable! Thank you , thank you, thank you!

Glad to hear it worked. Replacement parts for these are pretty scarce these days!
Dustin Marklow likes this.
post #4266 of 4269 Old 04-11-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Marklow View Post

. I just couldnt believe how easy it was... And I will say with the update pic is better and brighter then before.. again thank you all for ur help
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJB View Post

Glad to hear you're back in business, Dustin! Don't feel stupid, as it was a rather non-obvious solution.
Hey wanted to stop by and say that old girl is still kicking strong almost to 11,000 hrs have not touched hardware yet still and I repeat still on 1amp fuse. No flicker and on second bulb of unit. I would say I got a damn good unit. I mean it gets cleaned once a month riped down and soft brush and air. And added too fans with inlet filter. Lol. Have not forgot about u guys/gals. Thanks for everything again
post #4267 of 4269 Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Was this new lamp you purchased and OEM lamp or a knock off? If the box did not say Infocus and cost you about $300 it was a knock off and flicker, dimming, exploding and simple failure to light are all typical of these crap lamps.

I'm too cheap to buy those expensive InFocus brand lamps, but it is caveat emptor out there in places like Ebay. My first purchase of a naked in76 bulb from China was fine, but I installed it wrong and the insulation eventually burned off the wire after a couple of years. I had bought the in76 used, so I decided to buy a replacement bulb right away and keep the original as a backup.

For my next purchase, I was determined to buy the bulb complete with the housing, so I didn't have to take the housing apart and put it all back together like I did the first time.

I bought from a seller who advertized "Brand New, OEM Lamp, Taiwan Burner, Japan Material, Not re-lamping, Not a third party knockoff."  Sounds good, right?

It turns out the housing didn't fit into the projector well at all. The housing was not an exact match for the old housing. When I turned it on, the picture looked kind of fuzzy. When I took the housing back out and looked at it, the glass in front of the bulb had cracked and frosted over.

I wrote back to the Ebay seller and asked for a replacement glass. I didn't want to send the housing back because the lamp was O.K. and the shipping costs would have increased my costs to an unacceptable level.

After several emails and weeks went by with no replacement glass or any offer to compensate me, I gave the seller negative feedback, and he promptly responded with a cash rebate offer if I would remove the negative feedback. This was satisfactory to me.

I cannibalized the housing and put the new bulb in my old housing and used small parts of the old housing too, and it is still running fine after six months.

So far, I've been lucky, but It is a jungle out there for bulb buyers.

post #4268 of 4269 Old 09-02-2014, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, and if so, has any suggestions.

I have an InFocus IN72. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. I can no longer get any connection over the HDMI port. I've tried swapping out the HDMI cable and have tried different devices (2 Roku Boxes, computer, etc) and the projector won't connect to these devices using HDMI. Everything works fine if I try to connect something via S-Video or Composite/Component.

Any suggestions?
post #4269 of 4269 Old 09-04-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSwinga View Post
Wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, and if so, has any suggestions.

I have an InFocus IN72. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. I can no longer get any connection over the HDMI port. I've tried swapping out the HDMI cable and have tried different devices (2 Roku Boxes, computer, etc) and the projector won't connect to these devices using HDMI. Everything works fine if I try to connect something via S-Video or Composite/Component.

Any suggestions?
Hi. I heard of some issues where the HDMI port goes bad due to a fault/failure on the controller board. Another option is to try the second HDMI socket via the M1-DA socket but you'll need to get a M1-DA to HDMI converter (see places like eBay). I assume you've tried the HDMI connected to a TV instead of the projector and that works? Also check you haven't disabled the HDMI input in the menus.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Infocus Sp Lamp 025 Projector Lamp For In72 In74 In76 , Infocus , Infocus X1 Video Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page