Sanyo Z2 owners, HDCP is faulty but a fix is on the way! - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 223 Old 06-17-2009, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
another positive data pont for the Z2:
I successfully connected it over DVI to my new computere to play a bluray;output is from an ATI4650.
The only thing that I had to do was to use the RGB(HDCP) mode on the Z2 input2 and set the display mode for that device to 720p on the ATI catalyst app.

Hope that helps someone out there

BluRay HTPC / BenQ W6000 / Integra 9.9/Emotiva XPA-5 / Sonus Faber Olympica III / RSC200 center/ SVS PB12+

What else do I need?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 223 Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 AM

Liked: 10
It's good to see there's somebody else that still uses a Z2.
I thought I was the only one left. HA HA

Bob

Open Baffle guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #213 of 223 Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jackson View Post

It's good to see there's somebody else that still uses a Z2.
I thought I was the only one left. HA HA

Bob

Z2 user here also, going on 5 years. I've got a slight yellow hue on the left side of my image (only visible on a solid white image) and I now use Auto lamp mode for some added brightness. It still looks amazing with blu-rays.
post #214 of 223 Old 06-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Cool, good to hear!
Going on 3,500 hours on mine, replaced the lamp about 400 hours ago ($290)
Looks great with a Bluray (PS3) source.
Yea, I've got to use the brighter setting here as well. The darker scenes are a little too dark. Never had the famous "blob" until I replaced the lamp. Now I've got a bunch that got knocked loose with the bulb change. Thought about taking it apart to clean.....maybe.....
Maybe not?
Still looks great. The blobs are only visible on black scenes. But can't help but to think it's affecting the overall brightness if the panel is covered in dust.

Bob

EDIT: Last week I did adjust the convergence for the first time. Made a BIG difference!!!!!!
Ten minutes and zero cost!

EDIT #2: Not sure what's up with your yellow issue. That's a new one on me....

Open Baffle guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #215 of 223 Old 06-18-2009, 07:36 AM

I had a nasty Blob on Tuesday of this week, right in the top center of the screen. I got some 3M Dust Remover and removed the top cover and blew all three panels out really well. Dust blob is now history! I did this with the unit on so I could see the results. Now that I think about it, I don't think that was too safe... Oh well it all worked out. Just remember keep the air can straight up.
post #216 of 223 Old 06-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas_leak View Post

...........removed the top cover and blew all three panels out really well.....

That's it?
From what I've read, it's like brain surgery cleaning blobs from a Z2. That's what has kept me from performing the "operation" so far.
You're talking about a few screws and "whamo" the top (silver) cover comes off. Then give it a little blow and that's all there is to it?

Bob

Open Baffle guy.

post #217 of 223 Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM

can you flash these yourself, im having problems showing my dreambox through the z2 it works i change sources and when i go back get the resolution error message on my onkyo receiver and im wondering if flashing the z2 will help
post #218 of 223 Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas_leak View Post

Z2 user here also, going on 5 years. I've got a slight yellow hue on the left side of my image (only visible on a solid white image) and I now use Auto lamp mode for some added brightness. It still looks amazing with blu-rays.

I am not 100% on this but I think that this may be the result of some damage to your blue polarizer. Don't ask me what that is but I believe that it is a heat related issue. My old files show that I made some adjustments to the fans to move more air. The adjustments made the fans noisier but I'm still on my original bulb and I bought my Z2 during the first month of their release.

I am not sure if this is in the service menu or the factory menu but this is from my old notes. Please take care to write down your original settings.

There are 3 ways to change fans speed:

1. Setting 108 = 3, which is the high pressure mode designed for high altitude usage. Min and Max fan voltages are up a bit compared to normal. PJ gets slightly noisier.

2. Another way is to change individual fans values
110 through 117 - for full lamp mode, 120 through 127 for eco mode. just up the numbers 10% or so. (This is what I did)

3. Set 108 to 4, which means constant manual speed, then adjust 139 through to 142 from default 100. If you put it all to 145 with the old air filter you would probably get dust blobs. (I don't remember what this means)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jackson View Post

That's it?
From what I've read, it's like brain surgery cleaning blobs from a Z2. That's what has kept me from performing the "operation" so far.
You're talking about a few screws and "whamo" the top (silver) cover comes off. Then give it a little blow and that's all there is to it?

Bob

It is very easy but care should be taken. The worst part of the whole thing is getting your picture square with the screen when you put it back up. Rather than a can of air which may have oil or a liquid propellant in it I use these... http://www.staples.com/office/suppli...P1742:CL142034

All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
post #219 of 223 Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the link to the CO2 Randy. One of these days I'll muster up the nerve to take the unit apart. haha

Bob

Open Baffle guy.

post #220 of 223 Old 08-06-2009, 09:24 PM

My Z2 never had any issues via DVI til today when I had to upgrade my reciever, if I had known about this I probably would have bought a new PJ instead of a reciever. It still has a great picture when hooked up to a source it likes, but it sucks that it doesnt like my new Denon 3310
post #221 of 223 Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmetabaron View Post

another positive data pont for the Z2:
I successfully connected it over DVI to my new computere to play a bluray;output is from an ATI4650.
The only thing that I had to do was to use the RGB(HDCP) mode on the Z2 input2 and set the display mode for that device to 720p on the ATI catalyst app.

Hope that helps someone out there

Hi, I have the Z2 with firmware 107. I'm trying to connect:

1. Pc with graphiccard Radeon hd6850 with 15m hdmi to dvi-d cabel and I'm trying to use 720p setting but what herz- setting should I use? I get no picture with 60 hz.
2. Ps3, I have unchecked the 1080p setting in the ps3 menu but I still cant get any picture with the above cabel. I've tried to start the devices in different order but no luck.

Any tips on how to resolve this would be very much appreciated.

/Phil
post #222 of 223 Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Wow. Nice thread bump there Carsa. haha

Glad to see the Z2's are living on. Mine died a couple years ago, two lamps and 7000 hours, later!

But the Z2 will always have a special place in my heart.

Best of luck Carsa.
Bob

Open Baffle guy.

post #223 of 223 Old 01-04-2012, 02:00 AM

Hi

I've managed to remove dust blobs easily. Here's a tutorial to follow:

http://www.luciopesce.net/SANYO/dust.pdf

I'm also on my first bulb and less than 400 hours use. Looks great via the ps3 with blu rays, though feeling constantly seduced by the 3D epsons.

I suppose I would get hardly anything for it though, if I wanted to upgrade. Does anyone have any idea on values for these anymore?

Cheers,
Dean.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page