Does the way you setup the Panny AE900 effect the pixel alignment - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-28-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the way you setup the Panny AE900 effect the pixel alignment? I was using my projector on a shelf at a height centered on my screen which is a Carada 104" BW and white text looked more defined now I have mounted it on the roof and there seems to be alot more blue on one side of white text and red on the opposite. Any incite as to what I need to do would be appreciated?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-28-2006, 03:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

I think you may be seeing chromatic abberation from the lens. Did you change the throw distance when you mounted the projector on the ceiling?

Ken Whitcomb

Calibrations Inc.
Indianapolis, IN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
spectroradiometer equipped
post #3 of 5 Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Per Ken's suggestion, lens shift on the Panasonics does create more lens errors. I'm assuming you are further to one extreme since you have moved the pj higher. Best postion for this pj's lens performance is dead centre I am afraid.

ted
post #4 of 5 Old 08-28-2006, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Throw distance is the same at around 15 feet. Center of projector lens is 15" down from ceiling and the screen is 10" down from ceiling(actual screen frame is higher) This should be reasonable right? 8' ceilings btw. The issue looks like a missalignment because the red and blue are off to the left and right not up and down. Is there anything that can be done to fix this without moving the projector?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-29-2006, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flake
Throw distance is the same at around 15 feet. Center of projector lens is 15" down from ceiling and the screen is 10" down from ceiling(actual screen frame is higher) This should be reasonable right? 8' ceilings btw. The issue looks like a missalignment because the red and blue are off to the left and right not up and down. Is there anything that can be done to fix this without moving the projector?
Nothing wrong with your placement.

There is likely some misconvergence - not unusual on 3 chippers at this price break. My 700 varies from about 1.5 to 1 pixel across the image. The lens shift *does* amplify lens issues - CA and focus particularly. This has been commented on in several postings referring to the 900/700.

Misconvergence can be addressed but requires servicing tools - best bet is to complain to your dealer. I do not believe that Panasonic warranties less than 2 pixels at frame edge but this would be worth a check.

ted
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page