post #361 of 2274 Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Does anyone know if the TigerDirect units have the 1A or 2A bulbs?

i don't know if there's anyway to know for sure. chances are that by now, they'd be 2 amp. anybody who receives a unit with 2.6 or higher firmware should have a 2 amp fuse. and that's not to say that anything lower might not, but from what i was told 2.6 was the mfg change.

"the one who has the most fun wins."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2274 Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I contacted Infocus about this very issue. Send an email request to the customer support with you serial number and they should be able to verify if your unit has the upgrade. Mine came from TD and shipped with version 2.6 firmware. I was informed that I do have the 2 amp fuse.

Also, on the "cheap" screens: I got an Infocus 76" pull down and while the build quality IS pretty lame it shows a very good image. I too have issues getting it to roll up and down, but that doesn't concern me because it was put up to always be in the down position. Someday, when I have more funds I will either build one or upgrade to a nice fixed model. Plus mine was ordered by a friend who knew I was doing the theater and I wasn't going to bother sending it back. It ended up fitting nicely into my application.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
post #363 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 05:29 AM

billymac, I read those comments in the other thread, but almost all the negative that I've seen has been on the pull downs, I haven't seen any negatives about the pull ups (but it also doesn't seem that many are using the pull ups, which for better or worse, is something I'm going to have to do. The pull ups are also a little more money.) As for the footprints or duct tape, if I were to notice that, I'd be shipping it back ASAP for a new one (or if I notice any imperfections, it'll go back for another one.)
post #364 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 06:07 AM

Okay, Last night I tried the DVD test to see if there was ghosting while watching movies through my modified xbox. I was happy to see that no shadows were left on the screen as people or objects moved around. I then decided to check out the source information on the cable box and saw that it was feeding a 1080i signal to the projector. When I changed the cable box output to 720p the shadows went away!

I then went back to the xbox and changed the output in XBMC to 1080i. There were the shadows. So I have determined that these shadows only show up when the projector is receiving a 1080i signal.

While changing the signal going to the pj from 1080i to 720p is a good workaround to avoid the ghosting, I think that a brand new projector should not have this issue. So now I have to return it and get a new one. Does anbody know TD's return policy? I think its 30 days to get a replacement but I'm not sure. I'd rather go the return route than the repair/refurb route through IF.

Does anybody else have this issue with a 1080i signal? I am running firmware 2.6
post #365 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 06:14 AM

My basement ceiling is 6'8". I know there is an offset but I would like to ceiling mount the IN72 as high as possible. My question is the IN72 going to work in my basement given the ceiling height or will my screen have to be like 6" from the floor? I have a 92" screen and am projecting about 11.5ft out. Thanks!
post #366 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 08:34 AM

ssusca, I bought my IN72 from TD. It had a faint light spot outside the image area; perhaps a dust blob. I returned it and TD gave me replacement on the spot (I work near one of their outlets). No problem with the return - I believe their policy is 30 days. Happily, the replacement IN72 works great. The replacement is v2.7 (the first was 2.6). I am feeding it 1080i (although it's upconverted DVD) via component and don't see any shadow issues. Have not tried true HD with it.

Good Luck!

Steve
post #367 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the info. I actually have a dust blob also. I'll give them a call.

The problem is that I am having a Superbowl party and I don't think that I will get a replacement in time, and if I wait until after the Superbowl to return it, it will be past 30 days (I bought it on 12/30)

Maybe if I get an RMA at 30 days and wait a couple of days (until after the Superbowl) to send it in I'll be okay.

How long is an RMA number good for with TD? Most places its 14 days.
post #368 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 AM

I just purchased an Infocus IN72 from a music store in NY. I am very satisfied with it and after one week of usage I am sending in for the rebate. My invoice states "DLP PROJECTOR * 16:9 (product code) 90 DAY LAMP WARRANTY". The Infocus website says the warranty is 6 months. If the bulb does blow at say 5 months, will Infocus honor their warranty?
post #369 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 11
Is this one of those stores that trys to scare you into $400 for the real lamp or they will ship it with a demo lamp?
post #370 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 12:51 PM

No, that's the Photo stores that do that. This store has been in business for 30 years. The projector was triple boxed with air pillows for shipping and the inner original carton is in perfect shape.
I was just wondering if anyone bought an IN72 not from Infocus.com more than 90 days ago and has requested a new bulb under the 6 month warranty.
post #371 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 PM

I read a post awhile back asking about a lens cap for the IN72. Has anyone found one that will work, or what does everyone else do to keep their lens dust free?
post #372 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomeypj View Post

No, that's the Photo stores that do that. This store has been in business for 30 years. The projector was triple boxed with air pillows for shipping and the inner original carton is in perfect shape.
I was just wondering if anyone bought an IN72 not from Infocus.com more than 90 days ago and has requested a new bulb under the 6 month warranty.

Possbile they just coded their computer description that way when it first came in - if I recall when it first came out it had the same factory lamp warranty as everything else - then they decided to double it.
post #373 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Liked: 123
Has anyone received their rebate from IF yet on the recent $200 off promo? How long does IF take on these?
post #374 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondulah View Post

My basement ceiling is 6'8". I know there is an offset but I would like to ceiling mount the IN72 as high as possible. My question is the IN72 going to work in my basement given the ceiling height or will my screen have to be like 6" from the floor? I have a 92" screen and am projecting about 11.5ft out. Thanks!

My bsmnt floor > ceiling is 6'-7". IN72 centerline of lens is 3-1/2" below ceiling (DIY mount is partially recessed (about 3") above drop ceiling tile and fastened to upstair floor joist.

16x9 diy screen (96")
Top Image is 9-1/2" below ceiling (+-6" below lens c/l)
Screen image area is 46.5" high
Bottom image is 23" above floor. (big feet don't get in the way when seated and reclined)

IN72 is angled up slightly, but image isn't compromised. Lens is 14.5' from screen with no zoom.
Buy the shortest mount possible (6" or less) and you should be good.
post #375 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 04:12 PM

sgibson,

That is huge information for me my friend. Thanks a million! I am about to pick mine up from _cost...com. for $499 which comes with a fixed frame 92" screen and I really needed to hear from someone with a similar set up. I really appreciate it!
post #376 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:

sgibson,

That is huge information for me my friend. Thanks a million! I am about to pick mine up from _cost...com. for $499 which comes with a fixed frame 92" screen and I really needed to hear from someone with a similar set up. I really appreciate it!

WARNING...that coupon for the fixed frame on _cost...com looks suspicious since it is valid for sales at _cost...com and various notorious "Photo/Camera" SCAM shops in Brooklyn. Also _cost..com's resellerratings isn't very good 0.82/10 in the last 6 months, though 4/10 lifetime which actually isn't so bad (TD and jr are around that too).

_cost...com isn't on Infocus's known list of UnAuthorized dealers but it's still a gamble to me if they will honor a rebate given the company _cost...com is keeping with those other notorious stores and their own recent reseller performance.

Just FYI.
post #377 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

sgibson,

You're welcome...but I second Mellowman's words of caution.
$499 IN72 with fixed screen after rebate sounds...too good to be true.
Tred carefully.
post #378 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Has anyone received their rebate from IF yet on the recent $200 off promo? How long does IF take on these?

Just to let you know. I bought mine from TD and sent the rebate out about a week after purchase(12/15/06 to be exact). I just got an email from IF that it was accepted and is "being processed" The rebate form states to allow 8 to 10 weeks for the rebate check. You can check the status of your rebate HERE if you did not provide an email address for IF to contact you. Hope that info is helpful and I will post the time frame for me once I get the rebate.

post #379 of 2274 Old 01-20-2007, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

whoever was talking about ghosts or whatever. that's dlp motion blur on a big screen.

that's my bet.

if it's not that, and you really do see ghost(s)/ing, then you need to send it back/in.

either that, or you need to call your doctor.

good luck.

--billy

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #380 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowman View Post

WARNING...that coupon for the fixed frame on _cost...com looks suspicious...

The fixed frame is what's screaming, "DANGER! DANGER!" Can you imagine the shipping cost of a fixed frame?

Sorry, but that alone says scam to me. Just buy one from somewhere else. TD is not only $30 cheaper, but appears to be a respectable company from the posts here.
post #381 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post

...if it's not that, and you really do see ghost(s)/ing, then you need to send it back/in.

...or a priest.
post #382 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the scam. Seems like TD looks like the next best thing out there.
post #383 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

My experience with TD was a good one. I bought my In72 from them and two days after I received it the dropped it's price by another $30. I called just to inquire about a "price adjustment" not expecting them to do anything. They did credit my account back the difference without hassle. This was my first purchase from them and I will be doing business with them again.

post #384 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post

whoever was talking about ghosts or whatever. that's dlp motion blur on a big screen.

that's my bet.

if it's not that, and you really do see ghost(s)/ing, then you need to send it back/in.

good luck.

--billy

I don't know. I don't see the ghosting when the pj is sent 720p images, and I didn't see it at all on my 4805.

I think I'll have to sent it back in. Does anybody know the turn around time with TD?
post #385 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up on the scam. Seems like TD looks like the next best thing out there.

TD's OK. Of course, Infocus offer includes the 92" rollup (back-ordered to Mid-Feb...too late for SuperBowl) screen at their web site.
BTW, a tip I learned from the avsforums: Mount and setup your pj first. Aim at the wall you want the screen on, when you're satisfied with the image location, mark the image on the wall (I used quick-release blue painter's masking tape to mark all four corners (Allow for additonal from image to outside screen mount edges.) This applies to the fixed screen wall type. Just adjust for rollups as neeeded. Some members favor to paint over existing wall and black mask screen borders. You can learn more the avsforums screens section.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...ysprune=&f=110
Hope this helps,
sgibson
post #386 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM

Ok, I bit the bullet today and ordered the IN72 & 100" Elite Screens pull up from TD. I also ordered the Oppo DVD player from Amazon (free shipping!)

I was on Monoprice getting ready to order the DVI to M1 cable, but wanted to make sure I was getting the right one. According to the picture on the cable, it appears that both ends are male. The Oppo DVI connection is female, but looking at the Infocus pic on their website looks like it needs a female (which didn't seem right to me, but maybe my eyes are bad.) The description of the cable on Monoprice says it works for a bunch of the Infocus projectors (including the 4805 which the IN72 replaces, so I think I'm looking at the cable I need, but wanted to clarify with you IN72 owners that the DVI to M1 connection on the projector NEEDS a male end.

Here's the cable:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

Thanks.
post #387 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy View Post

Ok, I bit the bullet today and ordered the IN72 & 100" Elite Screens pull up from TD. I also ordered the Oppo DVD player from Amazon (free shipping!)

I was on Monoprice getting ready to order the DVI to M1 cable, but wanted to make sure I was getting the right one. According to the picture on the cable, it appears that both ends are male. The Oppo DVI connection is female, but looking at the Infocus pic on their website looks like it needs a female (which didn't seem right to me, but maybe my eyes are bad.) The description of the cable on Monoprice says it works for a bunch of the Infocus projectors (including the 4805 which the IN72 replaces, so I think I'm looking at the cable I need, but wanted to clarify with you IN72 owners that the DVI to M1 connection on the projector NEEDS a male end.

Here's the cable:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

Thanks.

Male on both ends of cable...you're good to go!
post #388 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 03:50 PM

Thanks sgibson. I ordered them!

Also, as a curious note, when I was checking out on TD's site, the price for the IN72 jumped back up to $799.99 when it came time to review my order as the last step of the checkout. When I clicked on the item to bring up the page, sure enough it showed 599.99 (with the rebate). So I called their 800 number and talked to a rep. He pulled it up and it still showed the $669.99 price. So I had the guy place my order.

Don't know if this means that the price is going to jump back up or if their system just had a fart (just checked it again and it still shows the 599.99 price.) Glad I didn't wait another week like I was planning.

EDIT UPDATE: Just checked this again a day later and it's back to the 469.99 price.
post #389 of 2274 Old 01-21-2007, 04:40 PM

hey guys, I just completed my order with TD and bought an In72 and also an elete screen. Im going to be putting it in my bedroom mostly for gaming, so it should be awesome! Thanks for all the reviews, I think i made the right choice and hopefully it will be good for a few years.
post #390 of 2274 Old 01-22-2007, 05:51 AM

For those of you using the Oppo 971 and the IN72, what adjustments did you have to make on either right out of the box to get the best picture?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Infocus Sp Lamp 025 Projector Lamp For In72 In74 In76

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page