Forum Jump: 

post #2191 of 2274 Old 05-11-2008, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse View Post

Anyone got some screenshots of there in72 they can show me I would love to compare...

...Cameras? Sorry, but screenshots do little but show the skills of the photographer and instrument used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2274 Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Liked: 10
Question. I have had until recently ann Infocus X1. A year and a half ago my friend was looking for a projector and I recommended based on my good experience with my X1 the current SD Infocus unit at the time. Had decent reviews. Recently it has come to my attention that he's been having some issues with it.

A show he likes called Millenium has bright white flashes leadin in to a flash back scene. Whenever this happens in any show (just most previlant in nearly every episode) It looses sync and goes to blue screen for a while till it can re aquire an image source.

I tried doing some searches and wasn't able to find anything so if I somehow missed something a link would be good. Other then that has anyone heard of this? I brought over my PS3 to do some experimenting. It happens only with analogue component imputs. But it does happen with 480i, 4380p, u720p, and 1080i all through analogue. It does not happen with HDMI. He's trying to hold out till blu-ray players are more affordable to get something with HDMI so am wondering if there is a known fix.
post #2193 of 2274 Old 05-15-2008, 11:49 AM

I believe upgrading the X1 to the latest firmware solves the bright flash/sync problem.

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." William J.H. Boetcker
post #2194 of 2274 Old 05-16-2008, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Anyone got some screenshots of there in72 they can show me I would love to compare...

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

post #2195 of 2274 Old 05-29-2008, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Try looking for a sync threshold value and lower it, I had this problem with many films that had wite flashes, the pj would lose the signal and start setup again.....if lowering it doesn't work go the other way, if you increase or descrease too much it will have the opposit effect, re-sync on black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztrain View Post

Question. I have had until recently ann Infocus X1. A year and a half ago my friend was looking for a projector and I recommended based on my good experience with my X1 the current SD Infocus unit at the time. Had decent reviews. Recently it has come to my attention that he's been having some issues with it.

A show he likes called Millenium has bright white flashes leadin in to a flash back scene. Whenever this happens in any show (just most previlant in nearly every episode) It looses sync and goes to blue screen for a while till it can re aquire an image source.

I tried doing some searches and wasn't able to find anything so if I somehow missed something a link would be good. Other then that has anyone heard of this? I brought over my PS3 to do some experimenting. It happens only with analogue component imputs. But it does happen with 480i, 4380p, u720p, and 1080i all through analogue. It does not happen with HDMI. He's trying to hold out till blu-ray players are more affordable to get something with HDMI so am wondering if there is a known fix.

post #2196 of 2274 Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 PM

i bought an in 72 about over a year ago - used it for a few months, then had to put it away because of a house remodel. finally got the remodel done, hooked up my projector to my dvd player - both HDMI and component - and i get no source connection. anyone with any ideas?
post #2197 of 2274 Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Check the menu and make sure both sources are "checked" enabled? Can you see the menus and boot screen logo? If nothing else, you might want to try a factory reset. Also there was a known issue with certain input settings concerning switching which was fixed in a firmware revision, but I don't believe it affected component.

I love my IN72 and it has performed flawlessly for a year and a half with over 4000 hours on the original bulb! I have a Bravo D1 custom rezzed that's paired with it and it still wows people. However, I'm looking at upgrading seeing as how I've been bitten by the 1080p bug, so if anyone is interested in a babied and well cared for IN72 with brand new in box spare bulb and Bravo D1 as a package, drop me a PM. I'm looking to let the whole thing go for a very reasonable price!

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
post #2198 of 2274 Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm a new member to forum, if I only found this site earlier. I find that we need more sites like the A/V Forum badly needed. Just for the fact that people are able to talk about equipment problems and/or great products is an excellent idea. I read all the members comments about the Infocus In72 fuse problem, which I had and reported to Infocus over a year ago. They never reported to me that they had any problems with this projector. Leading me to think that I was the only one with this problem. After getting off the A/V forums site, I called Infocus and tried to talk a tech the Louisville, Ky but, they won't let you! I talked to someone about the fuse problem and about all the members on the A/V Forum that had this problem, they pretend not to know what I'll talking about. After spending another 2 hours on the phone, I relucently, agreeing to an extended 2 year warranty for $249. To have the person NOW, say that I'm out of warranty, that I have to pay $400. to get repaired, I'm pissssted. Can anyone help me!

Paul B.
post #2199 of 2274 Old 10-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Ok, I have the IN72 and my dedicated theater room is 12' wide by 18' long. This room is in my basement and there are no windows, so I can completely control how much or how little light I want in the room.

Here is my question....

According to projectorcentral, if I want to ceiling mount my IN72 approx. 15' from the screen I will need to have the center of the lens 14.7" down from the top of the screen, correct? That would therefore mean that if the top of my screen is one foot from the top of my ceiling, the projectors center eye needs to be 26.7" down from my celing??

With a 10" riser back there I'm going to have a very hard time keeping people from smacking their heads on this. See my layout here:

I'm a novice when it comes to this projector, but I believe if I mount this thing closer to the ceiling I get what they call keystone effect, right? Is there a way to get this thing a bit higher, then adjust some settings?? Anyone else throwing their image a similar distance?

-Ss
post #2200 of 2274 Old 11-15-2008, 03:38 PM

Was watching TV the other day on my IN72, looked up and saw a black screen. Projector was blinking red in a series of 3 blinks. When I unplugged it and turned it back on, it kicked off shortly and started blinking red again. I have since pulled the lamp out, which still looks in very good condition, blew out inside of compartment and put it back together. Projector will not stay running in low power mode.

I am watching in high power mode for over 6 hours today, but still get periods of "flicker", which is actually a quick dimming and brightening of the picture itself, and NOT a loss of picture on and off. Lamp has approx. 2100 hours on it. Does this sound like the fuse issue talked about earlier in this thread? I don't want to order a new lamp if it is not a lamp issue, and not really in the financial position to upgrade to 1080p just yet, with Christmas and all coming up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't want it to die with a house full of relatives on Thanksgiving !

20Fan
Ohio State Buckeyes- GO BUCKS !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2201 of 2274 Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20fan View Post

Was watching TV the other day on my IN72, looked up and saw a black screen. Projector was blinking red in a series of 3 blinks. When I unplugged it and turned it back on, it kicked off shortly and started blinking red again. I have since pulled the lamp out, which still looks in very good condition, blew out inside of compartment and put it back together. Projector will not stay running in low power mode.

I am watching in high power mode for over 6 hours today, but still get periods of "flicker", which is actually a quick dimming and brightening of the picture itself, and NOT a loss of picture on and off. Lamp has approx. 2100 hours on it. Does this sound like the fuse issue talked about earlier in this thread? I don't want to order a new lamp if it is not a lamp issue, and not really in the financial position to upgrade to 1080p just yet, with Christmas and all coming up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't want it to die with a house full of relatives on Thanksgiving !

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the lamp is no longer firing properly. I have an IN72 with 5300 hours on the original lamp. I run it exclusively in low power mode. However, the problem could be the ballast that fires the lamp which Infocus could fix but it would cost you around $400 plus shipping. Your lamp is near it's expected life end at 2100 hours for high mode, so it could just be the lamp. I will be putting my IN72 up for sale soon for $500 which includes a brand new lamp. My unit also has the fuse upgrade and the issue you are having is not related to that. The fuse problem causes it to go dead. If you need a lamp only and don't want to pay full price, I would sell mine for $325 shipped. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

post #2202 of 2274 Old 11-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the lamp is no longer firing properly. I have an IN72 with 5300 hours on the original lamp. I run it exclusively in low power mode. However, the problem could be the ballast that fires the lamp which Infocus could fix but it would cost you around $400 plus shipping. Your lamp is near it's expected life end at 2100 hours for high mode, so it could just be the lamp. I will be putting my IN72 up for sale soon for $500 which includes a brand new lamp. My unit also has the fuse upgrade and the issue you are having is not related to that. The fuse problem causes it to go dead. If you need a lamp only and don't want to pay full price, I would sell mine for $325 shipped. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

Ben,

I always run the IN72 in low power mode, only since this issue have I run it in high power. I have a Mack warranty still effect on the lamp, but I have to purchase the lamp first, then get reimbursed for the lamp. And the lamp has to be bad (blown) to qualify for replacement. Since it is still operating somewhat, I'm afraid they would not honor the warranty. It is going on 9 1/2 hours that the projector has been on in high power mode today. Still getting the flicker, although not as severe or as often. Maybe I will try to put it in low lamp mode before we shut it down for the night.

20Fan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2203 of 2274 Old 11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

From what I looked up, it is quit possible that the unit has a bad ballast or power supply capacitor. I will see what else I can find out for you about it. I'm getting ready to make the jump to 1080p myself, but for my first venture into front projection, the IN72 has been phenomenal.

post #2204 of 2274 Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You can check out my setup with screenshots at the link in my sig.

How to identify a future projector owner, he's the kid sitting two feet from the 42" plasma.

post #2205 of 2274 Old 11-16-2008, 02:43 PM

While watching the NFL ST today, no flickering while on high power mode. After watching college football all day yesterday I tried turning it to low power mode. As soon as the fan speed went lower, the picture started to flicker to dim, then off completely.........followed by series of 3 blinking red lights.

Any thoughts?

20Fan

post #2206 of 2274 Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 AM

No one with any comments??? Guess I will watch in high power until she blows !...................LOL

20Fan

post #2207 of 2274 Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 AM

ive had this happen to me before, came on here and was told that i should keep in high power for awhile then take it back to low power. i did take it back down but it still flickered a little. i left it on low power and it did stop soon after keeping it on low
post #2208 of 2274 Old 11-29-2008, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone interested in a well cared for IN72? I just upgraded to 1080p and will be putting it up via eBay soon. Excellent condition plus Im including a brand new in box spare lamp for $500. I have all the original packing and parts. I also have a Bravo D1 for $50 (with DVI to HDMI cable and adapter) that is custom set up for it if interested PM me. Otherwise, next stop is auction.

post #2209 of 2274 Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM

So far still running on high power. Still get occasional flicker , so have not yet tried going back to low power. Hope it will last until I can get enough saved to go 1080P !

20Fan

post #2210 of 2274 Old 12-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Hello, I posted this in another infocus thread but got no replies. I'm hoping someone here can help.

So I've been enjoying my new (yes new) IN72 for a few months now and lately I've noticed the picture dropping out after watching it for an hour or so. (I don't have the projector hooked up all the time now, I just bring it out and set it up on weekend evenings for movie night).

With some troubleshooting I've found that the HDMI port is losing the signal. When I wiggle the connector the picture comes back on - it feels like the port is a little loose inside. If I place something under the hdmi cable to support it then the picture stays on - but if there is any downward pressure on the cable it drops out. Am I looking at a bad port here? Has anyone seen this before?

I've only had the projector for a few months so it's still under warranty. Since I only run one hdmi cable to the projector is it worth sending it back or should I just run the hdmi cable to the m1/dvi port? Not sure what to expect with customer service/shipping/turn around etc. I appreciate everyone's advice and assistance. I will say that this is my first projector and I'm amazed how nice of a picture it provides. Thanks.

Tiga
post #2211 of 2274 Old 12-19-2008, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

First, if you haven't yet, try a different HDMI cable. Sometimes it might have shoddy ends and just not fit tight. This was reported by other owners before. If it's not that then you could have some bad connections with the plug itself.

The IN72 is an outstanding projector! I just took mine out of service after two+ years because I upgraded to BluRay with a 1080p projector. The IN72 was my first crack at front projection and now I'm hooked.

post #2212 of 2274 Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I think I saw a short cable that was very flexible, that was sold as a strain relief. A cheaper flimsy cable might work better than a stiff one.
post #2213 of 2274 Old 12-23-2008, 06:48 AM

Thank you and BenJF3 for your responses. I will try both of your suggestions. The cable I'm using now (monoprice) does put some weight onto the port as it drops from the projector to the floor.

I have to say I can't wait to get this projector permanetly mounted in my basement (work in progress). The picture on this thing is just leaves me stunned sometimes and I'm only using a wall mounted white sheet. Can't wait for a real screen. I think the most amazing thing about it everything you feed it looks good - which is not true of my phillips plasma as SD on it looks horrid.

This thing helps make the case to continue purchasing cheap SD-DVD's (which I think are made better than ever) until blu-ray prices drop a little more. I recently purchased Underworld in SD for a whopping 4.99 and it was stunning. I did notice that SD-DVD's that are 'mastered in high definition' (Underworld, Spider-man3, etc) all look superb.

Tiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbgl View Post

I think I saw a short cable that was very flexible, that was sold as a strain relief. A cheaper flimsy cable might work better than a stiff one.

post #2214 of 2274 Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

IN72 on a DIY painted screen.

post #2215 of 2274 Old 12-24-2008, 07:20 AM

Very nice- just curious what type of dvd player are you using?

Quote:

IN72 on a DIY painted screen.

post #2216 of 2274 Old 12-24-2008, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga View Post

Very nice- just curious what type of dvd player are you using?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was my LG3510a. It could have been my dvd recorder. SD-DVD either way.
post #2217 of 2274 Old 12-27-2008, 06:38 AM

What's interesting I was in a CC right before x-mas and they now have a projector room. They were playing Night at the Museum through a upconverting dvd player to an optoma hd65. Although the picture looked good - it in no way looked as good as the in72. I'm sure there are a lot of factors to consider regarding setup etc., but either way I wasn't that impressed.

Quote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was my LG3510a. It could have been my dvd recorder. SD-DVD either way.

post #2218 of 2274 Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Talk about a newbie numbskull mistake! Trying to set up my first HT on a very tight budget, I bought a non-working Infocus 72 on Craigslist. Seller said it was 'good to go' after a lamp replacement.

Well, and I wish I could have seen this coming as soon as you doubtlessly are, after I shelled out more than $300 for a new lamp, the unit turns out to be 'good to go' ... to the county dump! I turned the projector on, and instead of lamp coming on, I smell a burning odor within a few seconds, and in a few more moments, smoke is billowing out of the box.

I write back to the guy, and he dismisses me with a curt, "It was my understanding that the lamp was burned out. All sales are final."

So do I just chalk this up to an object lesson in consumer awareness (and hope the vendor will take back the lamp), or is there some possibility this projector can be repaired?

I know smoke doesn't sound promising, but maybe some of you engineers out there might have an inkling as to possible diagnosis and prognosis. I can't afford to sink several hundred dollars into a repair, so unless it's something that might be easily fixed (even by a knowledgeable amateur, whom perhaps I can find locally), I guess this one is out in Thursday's trash pickup ...

Chris
post #2219 of 2274 Old 01-12-2009, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Sorry to hear that as I have a perfectly good working IN72 with a spare lamp and ceiling mount that I am about to sell on eBay. I was asking $500, but am willing to go with a best offer.

Here's the thing, the original lamp in it has over 5000 hours on it, so it's limited. If you were interested seeing as how you have another lamp you could buy it and have two brand new lamps that would last years. The big thing was how much did you pay for it in the non-working state? It is probably not worth repairing if you have to send it to Infocus. The repair might be more than what the unit is worth. I upgraded to 1080p, so I have no need for my trusty old IN72 any longer. I even have a screen I'd throw in for free (you just pay whatever shipping is). Let me know and maybe we can salvage your situation with a working model.

post #2220 of 2274 Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Chris,

Take a look at this thread, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1100194.
May be try it before dumping that projector.

Good luck.

Manoj
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Infocus Sp Lamp 025 Projector Lamp For In72 In74 In76

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page