Never had a guest see rainbows. Seriously, why keep hashing up the LCD vs. DLP debate after that thread closed?? It's fine you're concerned w/ rainbows. Now buy a LCD/LCOS/DLP three chipper and be done with it...let people interested in 1-chip DLP be.
lol man, that's really not my intention, because I'll probably settle for a DLP pj myself for the near term. I just don't like to hide flaws before I make a purchase (only after
I'm just saying $2000 seems like a very high price for what you get:
DC3 w/ 10-bit processing vs cheap DC2 with 8-bit processing, extra digital input, optics, colorwheel design, etc etc many reasons resolution is not the only factor...some may just want a quality 720p.
- It's a moot point whether 10-bit processing vs 8-bit processing really makes more than a very subtle difference.
- extra digital input - many people couldn't care less.
- colorwheel design - what about the colorwheel design ?, it seems to be the same old 4X/5X colorwheel. A review of the HC3100 said that when switching to 5X, more artifacts can be seen.
- optics - hard to believe without A/B comparison (or trained eye) you'll be able to tell which optics is which.
- Higher contrast ratio - this imo might be the biggest advantage, but it remains to be seen how much real world improvement you are getting here. Still we're talking about a $1000 difference.