What was your first projector?? Stories... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
TSO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For those early adopters out there, remember the thrill of your first front projector? I sure do, down to the first movie my wife and I watched.

Why don't we take a nostalgic journey down memory lane and share our stories, both good and bad, of our entry into Home Theater back in the "old days".

I'll go first -

It was 1997.
I was an early adopter - on a whim, I bought a used Eiki LC300 from a AV company. Our church had just begun experimenting with projecting lyrics via projection rather than the trusty overhead projector. For fun one evening, we had a youth meeting and showed a movie in the lawn out back, our own "Drive in theater". It was a blast! I knew i had to have one.

After MUCH looking, I found the LC 300 through the newspaper (pre-internet from me), laid out about $500 and took it home, praying it would be in good shape. It was! We went to the local video store and rented some tapes (yes, tapes) and watched our first movie - the just released on VHS "Airforce One" - on a wall in our family room. I was hooked!

The picture was approx 300 lumens (advertised), about 100/1 contrast, and the color was WEAK. It was VGA resolution! This was actually BEFORE DVD, so it was provided a signal by an old Sony VHS player. The picture was miserable, in retrospect, but it was HUGE!! We loved it, giant screendoor and all.

Since then We have owned a Philips 4600, an NEC VT540, and an Optoma H56. We have loved each one, and each one has been a step up in quality.

Looking for that next step - probably one of the <$2000 720p projectors, such as the Mits HC3000

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 05:04 PM

Liked: 10
My first one was a Runco with the 3 tubes RGB about 1982 or so. Used a pull down Draper maybe 8ft diagonal. I ran direct video off of one of my Satellite Recievers. I started a Sat TV dealership in 1980 (those were the days) in NJ and had to keep buying and trying all the latest toys. Had the Zenith one a couple years later. Wowed everybody back then for sure.
I even had layered seating in my livingroom so more could watch.
Wow, thanks for making me remember all that stuff and I guess I was one of the first with that kind of set up..fun. Videophile and didn't even realize it. Even got written up in a Swedish Magazine.

Life IS good
post #3 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Two stories:

1. 1962: 35mm (CinemaScope, 4 track magnetic): Still the best by far. SW availability lousy.

2. 1983: Kloss Novabeam 10ft CRT, Laserdisk, Dolby Surround. Impressed everyone beyond any reasonable sense. Star Wars LD (even panned and scanned) looked just fantastic. The Novabeam had a great way of making the scan lines disappear when there was little motion, but you had a lot of aliasing and interlace artifacts when there was motion on the screen. By 1990 I basically had everything I ever wanted, just picking up the pieces and getting new copies these days. Still want 70mm.
post #4 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM

2002 - Sharp PGM20X

I have changed the lamp once and I use it until now. If it wasn't by its noise and 4x3 format I would stick with him for another 1,5 years to get a 1080p.

I've made a hole in the wall and the projector stay inside a cabinet in the kitchen.
I've made a picture to disguise it. These two combined reduce a lot of the noise, but I still hear it.
And I can project it directly at the wall without any screen.

But now, in my new home, I will need a screen to project because I will have a LCD monitor at the wall for normal Tv sessions. With a screen I will need a compromise with format and this has to be at leas 16x9. And the noise... oh the noise...

My short list for the new projectors are the new AX100 and the Z5. I'm still waiting a good DLP at the same price range to include in this list. Today, what I'm really annoyed is the lack of information on noise... Maybe in the next months....

[]s kabrumbs
post #5 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 06:18 PM

I bought an infocus 4805 about 2 years back from costco, and I love the thing!

I have played xbox, xbox 360, and watched tons of movies on it. I shoot about a 96" image onto a white wall. I have an 80" screen, but when I tested it out to see if there was a difference between it and the wall, there was no visible gain, so I just use my trusty wall.

The hardest part was stringing all the wires through the paneled ceiling because it was just annoying. Otherwise, it has been a great experience.

And I'm not even out of high school yet, so don't underestimate your HT skills!
post #6 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My projector was bought on a whim....sort of. I always wanted a projector. Then back in 2000 on this very forum, someone chimed in that Dell had a price of $1600 on the NEC LT150 projector. (Back then this was an unbelievable price). I didn't even think, I grabbed my credit card and placed an order immediately. Turns out the price was incorrect, but Dell honored them. Last year I upgraded to a Panasonic PT-AE900. That old LT150 (actually an LT150z now....mine died and NEC replaced it with the LT150z model) is still a decent projector. It is not shabby with HD at all. My wife has been on me to mount it in our bedroom. (I have a 61" Sony HD CRT rear projector in there now) But I don't know that I am ready to replace a set with a projector in our bedroom.

Dino

Dino
post #7 of 83 Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 PM

My first was a Plus Piano, must've been around '01 or '02 (can't recall precisely, I could be off). I used a pull down Da-Lite 100" screen. My brother still uses it now, and I was at his place a few weeks ago & watched "Ice Princess" on it (good flick, btw). My current PJ is an Optoma H31, not SOtA by any stretch but vastly better than than Plus- blacker blacks, better color, just better in every way. But man, that Piano was an astonishing step up from the 55" rptv I had at the time!
post #8 of 83 Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 AM

I'm guessing but I think it was 1985, it was used, made by Ampro although I'm sure the name of the company was different back then. Other than loud snapping noises, it didn't do much. Replaced it with a used "Esprit 525(??)" (also Ampro) arguably my first since I never really got to see the other working. The Esprit for me was the Ferrari of projectors (in the sense, "you should own a mechanic before you consider buying the car")

It took months of parts exchanges highlighted by an imploded blue tube before I saw the picture. When I had the Esprit "working" it would often quit mid-movie. Would it be a loose connection this time or did I just loose the power supply? (a grand!) All movies were scarey!

If you're just counting projectors that worked steadily for months, I guess you'd say my first really was the Zenith (model?)

I'm guessing some of you haven't experienced 480i (laser disk) on a 9 ft screen. Despite all the fuzz and the crawly picture, 15 minutes into a good movie and all that disappeared. It was amazing how much detail was there on 480i that you never saw on a 25" set. NOT THAT i WOULD EVER WANT TO GO BACK!

(Beyond that among others, I had a Sony 1292, Electrohome 8500 & 9500 and a string of Digital projectors)

Really, you guys got it easy! Or...maybe this is an era that having a big picture doesn't require quite the level of psychosis it once did.

Or...are we talking addiction? I own "Total Theater" and I build theaters in peoples homes.

Know any good shrinks?
post #9 of 83 Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
TSO

mill1899,
With this -

"Other than loud snapping noises, it didn't do much."

and with this -

"All movies were scarey!"

You had me rolling on the floor!

Yes, the bugs and the jerry-rigged fixes were a way of life back then.

i can remember when I first started seeing this weird distortion on my Philips projector. The top of the screen on some movies would just bend sideways like it was being blown off the screen.

First it happened in one film, then I didn't see it for a long time. Then, I began seeing it more and more often. I tried everything I could to get rid of that distortion, but to no avail. I just KNEW my projector was going bad - I tried everything! Some movies didn't have it, some did. Whena new film came out, my wife and I would pray that it would be a "good one" for our projector.

This was about 1999 or so.
CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT IT WAS???
post #10 of 83 Old 10-17-2006, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I bought a Sony VPH-1031Q in 2000. It was among the smallest CRT PJs, which still meant 100 lbs. or so. It had such a short throw that I could never really get it setup right. Convergence was a bitch, sync on green was a bitch, fabricating the cable it needed was a bitch, etc. This was the vintage of CRTs where you had to take the cover off and turn little dials with a special screwdriver to make convergence and other adjustments. Not exactly plug and play.

I guess it gave me a certain admiration for the CRT folks, but also reinforced the impracticality of the whole thing. Sure, perfect blacks are nice, but having to fiddle around with little dials every time you fired the thing up was truly bothersome. Also, I could never decide if the CRT "smoothness" was a blessing or a curse, but it was the most striking characteristic to me. Sometimes it came off more as a sort of blurry imprecision...no replacement for fixed-pixel accuracy. It was definitely "film-like," but that isn't always a good thing.

I had bought it on ebay from a guy who advertised it as "new," though what could really be considered "new" several years after being discontinued? Anyway, I hadn't put more than 10 hours on it before realizing it would never work in my space, so back on ebay it went. I sold it to a guy in Atlanta for maybe $50-100 more than I paid for it. I packed it well and insured it like crazy, but surprise, surprise, it broke in shipment. I suspect it was the power supply. I felt pretty bad about it and wanted to at least make sure the guy who bought got the insurance money, if not a refund, but he was so pleased to have a new 1031 with new tubes that he happily carted it off to some Sony repair shop and probably got hosed on the repair.

Anyway, I didn't hear how it turned out, but I always hoped that 1031 got back into service and was put to good use by someone who could make it live up to its potential.
post #11 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Simular to NOAH, I had a Sony vph1042. This was a "video" grade projector. No line doubling or tripling with this thing! Ran it via a 30' composite video cable from an HTPC. Man, did video games look sweet but you could barely make out the text from the computer. Upgraded to an S-Video cable and WOW!!! LOL! Even my wife was in awe, but she wouldn't sit anywhere near it. It weighted in at just over 100lbs and I mounted it to the rafters above! Convergence was also with the dreaded plastic mini screwdriver that came with the projector. Every week or so I you could find me "tweakin" that screwdriver trying to get the picture dialed in just right! I didn't have the funds to upgrade to a projector that had auto-convergence or even remote controlled convergence, so I had to turn the screwdriver to make an adjustment, get down off the ladder, walk up to the screen to see which direction I went and how far it adjusted. Then "rinse-and-repeat". I bought it off of a guy in Texas (real nice guy) who used to advertise in the back of all the home theater mags back when 3 gun projectors where the buzz. Would do it all over again!!!

Mike

Let's all go to the lobby
....Let's all go to the lobby
........Let's all go to the lobby
............To get ourselves a treat!
post #12 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 12:50 PM

First (and still only) projector is a Sony KP-7220 72" diagonal CRT FP on it's greyish plastic screen, purchased in 1980 for $2999. It's gone through kids, grandkids and only just started losing it's red convergence. That's why I recently joined the AVS forum to find out what it will be replaced with, probably an Optoma HD70 for now until 1080p gets a little cheaper. Picture quality is fine, as I don't know any better, but it has been a pain running everything through a coax connector. The built in tuner and glass coffee table on the unit have been pluses, though (LOL).

I guess after 26 years it's time to get a new one!

Case
post #13 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

A friend gave me an old Philips LCD PJ about 12 years ago, it was huge.
It had a VGA connector so I naturally hooked up my PC and displayed at 640x480.
Well it ran for years, then finally the colors started going bad.

I parted it out and bought a used Epson LCD on fleabay. I kept that about a month and then sold it, used the funds plus some to buy my H31.

Thanks to this forum I've had great viewing in my HT for the past 19 months.
Now I have the upgrade bug pretty bad with the low priced 720p machines available... Gotta resist at least until after Christmas (WAF considerations...)
post #14 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I cut out from work and went to a friend's house one day and his roommate was a dot com millionaire at the time (currently broke now). These guys were dorks, but had all the cool toys. Like, they had a import Japanese PS2!!!! A DDR machine in the garage! One of those Sony dogs. They also had a 10k Runco projector in their house. I was blown away by it. Soon after, I did a lot of research and stumbled upon this forum. And the current day price to performance leader was the Infocus LP350. It was a business projector that could be used for HT use. I picked on up and quickly got rid of after hearing horror stories about bulb blow outs. I picked up the NEC LT150 after that. The price to performance king after the LP350. I loved the thing, but damn it was loud. So I sold that one too and swore off of front projectors until the market and technology matured to the point where there would be an affordable 16x9 DLP projector made specifically HT use that had component video connections specfically for use with DVD. HD was but a pipe dream just 4-5 years ago. Somewhere in between I even picked up the Panasonic AE100 (Panny's first ever HT projector!). Here is some trivia for you guys. There used to be only one projector forum on AVS. But after the AE100 came out, the forum was flooded with questions on what was then the price to performance King of all projectors. After complaining by the more deep pocketted members of AVS, the Admins decided to split up the projector forum into 3 parts. Under $2500, Over $2500, and Over $20000 :P.

Now I am getting back into front projection and am now faced with options. Incredible. I remember paying $3600 for that LP350 in 2002 and $1800 or so for the LT150. Definitely a good thing and I am glad this little niche in the HT market has come such a long way.
post #15 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post

First (and still only) projector is a Sony KP-7220 72" diagonal CRT FP on it's greyish plastic screen, purchased in 1980 for $2999. It's gone through kids, grandkids and only just started losing it's red convergence. That's why I recently joined the AVS forum to find out what it will be replaced with, probably an Optoma HD70 for now until 1080p gets a little cheaper. Picture quality is fine, as I don't know any better, but it has been a pain running everything through a coax connector. The built in tuner and glass coffee table on the unit have been pluses, though (LOL).

I guess after 26 years it's time to get a new one!

Case

Wow! You certainly got your money's worth from your purchase!

42" in the dining room.
50" in the bedroom
80" in the living room

65" in the family room
106" in the family room

"There is another system"

Video Modes: SDTV-EDTV-XGA-HDTV-3D
All HD Modes: Blu Ray, HD DVD, DVHS

post #16 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

In 2002 I started with a laptop and HP SB21(?) "borrowed" from work. Hooked it up at my marina and we watched Shrek on a bedsheet. The bedsheet wasn't very thick and the 10ft diag picture had the rest of the marina running to see what was going on. We started doing movie nights in the back yard, had a great time.

In 2003 I changed jobs, lost access to the PJ. Found this forum in late '01 and decided to buy an X1 when they hit $999. Really enjoyed the X1. Since I'd gone HD with a Samsung HLM RPTV and D* HD reciever, I figured out a way to pull VGA to our living room and hung a Dazian Celtic cloth screen off a giant armoire entertainment center and we had more big fun with the portable set-up, We even made a rather elaborate 13 X10ft screen to hang outside and form eaves of nieghvbor's houses.

In 2004 we got the kitchen remodel bug. Since the kitchen was connected to the family room, I started doodling a theater set-up with fixed screen, etc. Figured I could hang the X1 and get an inexpensive screen. The RPTV would go in a nice built-in cabinet in the living room. Two HT rooms!

As all remodel projects, the budget got blown so badly that I was able to sneak an InFocus 5700 ($3300) in. And a Firehawk screen. And lots of wiring, all done by me, even including beautiful termination panels (no wires run through a hole in a wall). Absolutely stunning! We became football central. And no fighting for the "good" picture since the Samsung HLM still looked great and had more resolution.

The 5700 had a few hiccups (handled wonderfully by IF) and I've been through three of them with total hours of about 3000 cumulatively. I inspired two neighbors to do the same project, one got an HS-50, one a closeout Sharp DT300.

Last weekend the 5700 came down, replaced by an HD70 Optoma. Now that its dialed in, we're enjoying it-and is it ever quieter.

I never did lose the outdoor movie/sports bug. I've wired my patio/porch with component and VGA from the Living room HT area, along with 4 speakers-a Black Friday Best Buy Toshiba S-25 DLP SVGA unit ($425) hangs from the corner of the porch and projects across the pool onto a 149" Gemmy Airblown screen. The Gemmy was the missing link in all my outdoor theaters-its wonderful.

Next, I've got to get rid of the 5700 and the little Toshiba business PJ and pick up an H31 before they dry up, or may a sweet deal on an XGA business PJ for the pool area.

This forum is a godsend and a curse. I was able to stay away from the pj forums by hanging in the HTPC forum for several years as I outfitted myself with an MCE PC and now three Xbox 360s to ship DVR'ed wife and kid stuff around the house. That forum is a great place to waste time on PC minutia.

This has been a great hobby, though I'm tired of crawling around my attic. Even with all the buying over 4 years I haven't approached what my old 36' express cruiser cost in one year. At least thats how I justify all this to my wife.

And my memory of the PJ forums was over 20K, over 5K and under 5K.

DirecTV + Antenna + 3 Locations = 325 feet of quad shield RG6. AARRGGHH!
post #17 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 11:11 PM

[... my wife and I would pray that it would be a "good one" for our projector.

CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT IT WAS???[/quote]

First what was it?

Praying for a "good one" somehow captures the essence of the experience back then. Maybe thats what hooked me in.

Along with projector glitches there were laser disks that would start skipping... 20 minutes from the end of the movie.

If I hadn't spent the requisite (previously mentioned) 3000 hours in setup, it would have been just slightly less disappointing.

What I remember most fondly were the rituals...some even had names.

My family often refer to my 3am "gridding" ritual. They also had various names for handing 100 - 200 lb projectors from the ceiling late at night..I'll leave those names to your imagination, but I think carrying a Sony 1292 up the stairs (w/two 90 degree turns) and chaining it to the ceiling was considered family entertainment at its best.

By the way TSO, did you ever figure out what the strange distortion was? Did you fix it, or replace the projector? Sounds almost to much a part of the experience to change.

This thread is tons of fun, I've re-read several of you all's stuff and am wondering, when a critical mass of folks exhibit the same psychotic behavior repeatedly doesn't that make it a religion...or at least a cult?
post #18 of 83 Old 10-18-2006, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

approx 1960 to 1963 purchased with S + H stamps a (hand cranked) and ( I believe) an 8mm with 7 or 8 movies (some in color) including Laurel and Hardy and other shorts - it was very exciting at the time
post #19 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sony VPL-W400Q in 1999 - The first digital (LCD) projector with 16:9 panels and 1068 x480 resolution. It had terrible contrast, but accepted 1080i and put out a fantastic, bright image. I believe even AVS owner Alan had one and he said at that time the Sony put out one of the sharpest 1080i images he had seen!

We watched the Super Bowl in 2000 in HDTV using a UHF antenna and a $2000.00 OTA tuner from Samsung. Needless to say, my guests were blown away at the time.

-D
post #20 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mill1899 View Post

This thread is tons of fun, I've re-read several of you all's stuff and am wondering, when a critical mass of folks exhibit the same psychotic behavior repeatedly doesn't that make it a religion...or at least a cult?

Look into the lamp aaahhh I mean "light" mill1899......Look into the light......

Let's all go to the lobby
....Let's all go to the lobby
........Let's all go to the lobby
............To get ourselves a treat!
post #21 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
It's very gratifying to find that there are a few others who also started this madness back in the '80s. My first projector was also a Kloss Novabeam around 1983, the first that would project on a flat screen (without the curved, silvered screen that was required by earlier models).

Although it required constant tweaking, I loved it. It worked for me until a few years ago when I gave it away, replaced by a digital projector. I don't expect I'll EVER get that longevity of performance from a projector again (or will want to).
post #22 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSO View Post

CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT IT WAS???

Well, I would guess it was either Macrovision or the early incarnation of a Y2K bug!

Mike

It's toe-tappingly tragic!
post #23 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
TSO

MACROVISION!!!!
The first attempts at copyright management. Basically, it meant that the recorded picture had the video high frequencies boosted tremendously. Most TV's would not be affected by it, but it would drive early VCR's crazy if you tried to record.

Unfortunately, it also drove the early projectors crazy as well.

We did find a work around - an old studio camera TBC (time base corrector) would actully mute the high frequencies, thus allowing the picture to appear normal. It cost me about $350...

My NEC didn't have that problem, and then DVD's came out, with a whole different protection system that didn't bother my projector. Yay!

However, I had a sinking feeling of Deja Vu when my current projector started acting almost the same way on some cable HD channels...

Can you say HDCP??
post #24 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

About four years ago I put my old 486pc/w tuner to use by coupling it to an LCD flat panel and an overhead projector bought off ebay for $200. The panel is/was (I still have the setup) 640x480 with 'thousands of colors' LOL. Contrast ratio something like 150:1. Bulbs cost twenty bucks for fifty hours. What can I say? It didn't suck so bad that it scared me away from digital FP and it's still impressive to folks who don't know any better (there are still plenty about). At the time I was following a diy fp forum at diyaudio.com. Somebody posted a screenshot of an Infocus X1 DLP. I ended up buying a Benq 6200 from a forum sponsor. I think that was about two years ago now. I've got about 700 hours on it. Single best electronic purchase I've made. I run the thing at about 100" and to be honest I don't think I'd ever be happy with a smaller HOME THEATER monitor. I don't see any competing technology getting to the 100" or better size anywhere near the pricepoint of what you can get a good FP for.

Enjoy.

This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway, this is the road to hell.
post #25 of 83 Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM

Liked: 123
Hmmmm. My first projector. Let's go all the way back to 1977. Take a short stroll through the kitchen to our back patio. Have a seat. Look across the back yard, and there's a 100 foot screen at the drive in, perfectly facing you. It's before they went to radio simulcast, so we wire into one of the "dead" speakers* in the back row and pump it up to our house. Now that's true backyard theatre!

*For those that are concerned, we didn't kill the speaker. Some dumbass pulled the ol' "drive off with the speaker still in the window maneuver", leaving just the exposed wires for us to use.
post #26 of 83 Old 10-20-2006, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

My 1st projector was a Sharp HV-X35U -- it cost $3,500 in 1996 and wasn't even VGA resolution! Without going into details, I've had 8 additional projectors since then, 3 LCD, 3 DLPs, and 2 CRTs.

The best image was produced by an NEC XG1100 8" CRT, which was professionally set up and calibrated. However, I love the sharp, quiet Sanyo Z4 I currently have.

Steve
post #27 of 83 Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Rgb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
P-Day for me was in August, 1999.

It was a factory refurb/B-stock Mitsubishi X100 XGA, about the form factor of a Sanyo PLV60/70.

The X100 was rated 600 lumens and 300:1 contrast ratio, though I think it was more like 10:1 on a good day- and we LIKED it (while walking uphill both ways to the video store in a snowstorm ).

I paid $3000 (!) for that beast.

In 2002 I sold the X100 and bought the Sanyo PLV60, which was then upgraded to my current AE700.

It's been quite a ride and a fun hobby, it you watch the depreciation rates and sell/upgrade with good timing.

The noobies need to understand where we came from.

With the AX100's/AE900's/AE700's and their competitors the past two years, picture quality and features have skyrocketed while costs have plummeted. Newcomers to this hobby don't know how good they've got it, not like the days when the projector forums were divided at the $5000 mark .
post #28 of 83 Old 02-16-2007, 10:10 PM

I am a newbie. I just bought my first projector (Optoma HD70) and my first screen (Gemmy inflatable). I was so excited when the UPS and FedEx men left yesterday evening, I jumped outside in 30 degree weather at night, did a complete set-up, and watched half a movie sitting in my car...hahaha! I used my monitors from my karaoke sound system. Sounded and looked awesome. I'm hooked. Can't wait until it gets at least 40 degrees...lol! Oh, grabbed the first movie I came to (Carlito's Way) and threw it in. Did not know it had an Xplicit scene. Hope all the cars driving by and the neighbor's didn't report me...LOL! I love my first set-up. It looked awesome! Can't wait to play! Oh, yeah, I set up the screen alone and I'm a 5'5" female...yeah, Gemmy!

GiGiLocklear...Boondocks Box Office!
post #29 of 83 Old 02-17-2007, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

NEC LT150 thanks to the famous 'Dell Deal' years ago,
and someone named Grant who raved about it and the high power screen.

He has since gone into hiding and changed his name for some reason,
but he was right and the 1st to promote the 'High Power' .

Test Your Display,
Tips for Large Monitor Use
: 720p, 1080p Test Patterns, Tips Just Click Here
post #30 of 83 Old 02-17-2007, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
27 years ago. Electrohome EDP57.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page