Mitsubishi Hd1000u free lamp expired - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I talked to Mitsubishi today and they confirmed that the free lamp promotion is no longer valid due to the price drop of projector which is the same as the HD70.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 04:57 PM

So then why is this form here

http://www.projectorpeople.com/SLIS/...p_123106_b.pdf

Only good till today 11/20/06
post #3 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well the lady I talked to said if I bought one today I would not get a free lamp.It takes a little time to take effect.Mitsubishi sent out the notice to vendors on friday she said.
post #4 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 05:39 PM

We'll I will see what they send with the unit. you see the form, It would be false advertising if they didn't honor what the have on the web site.

I made screen shots of every thing as proof for a later argument.

Hope it doesn't come down to that. Plus they are well aware of the AVS power.

Also they have a 7 day return if used less than 4 hours.

I just visited mitsubishi's web site and they too have the coupon go till today.

http://www.mitsubishi-presentations....ilInRebate.pdf

The form says 11/20/06 the web site leading to the form says Dec 31st 2006

Either way it should be honored. You have nothing to lose fighting for it.

Sam
post #5 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

I hope it works out for you.
post #6 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmccool View Post

We'll I will see what they send with the unit. you see the form, It would be false advertising if they didn't honor what the have on the web site.

I made screen shots of every thing as proof for a later argument.

Hope it doesn't come down to that. Plus they are well aware of the AVS power.

Also they have a 7 day return if used less than 4 hours.

I just visited mitsubishi's web site and they too have the coupon go till today.

http://www.mitsubishi-presentations....ilInRebate.pdf

The form says 11/20/06 the web site leading to the form says Dec 31st 2006

Either way it should be honored. You have nothing to lose fighting for it.

Sam

Note their verbage in last line. I doubt this protects them but you may have a fight. This would be terrible customer relations, however, if they fight over this for a one day overlap.

Terms and Conditions:
Offer valid within the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. Offer not valid with any other Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. (MDEA) offer. Offer
subject to the following terms and conditions. 1. Store receipt(s)/invoice(s) must be dated within promotional period. Purchase orders, packing slips, delivery tickets are not
an acceptable proof of purchase. 2. Offer applies only to Mitsubishi's Promotional Item listed above that has been purchased from dealers or resellers of Mitsubishi Digital
Electronics America, Inc. (MDEA). Online auction sites, discount websites, liquidation resellers or products sold between private parties are invalid. Offer does not apply
to any remanufactured products or demonstration units. 3. Each request must include the Required Documentation listed above. Keep copies of request materials. All
requested materials submitted become the property of MDEA and will not be returned. 4. Request with shipment address to a P.O. Box will not be accepted. 5. Mail-in offer
will be shipped to US addresses only. 6. If terms and conditions not met, mail-in offer will not be sent. Void where prohibited by law. 7. Proof of mailing request does not
constitute proof of delivery and/or acceptance. Mitsubishi not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, torn, mutilated, illegible, stolen, incomplete requests, postage-due,
damaged, separated mail, or commitments from any party outside of MDEA Promotions Department. Incomplete or illegible submissions will not be returned. 8. MDEA
agencies, distributors and resellers are ineligible. 9. Altered request materials invalid. Mitsubishi reserves the right to request additional information about a request and to
refuse to honor request if Mitsubishi is not satisfied that these terms and conditions have been met, or if Mitsubishi suspects a submission is fraudulent. Fraudulent
submission of requests could result in federal prosecution under U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Sections 1341 and 1342). 10. Mail-in offer will be mailed to the address
listed above. It is customer's responsibility to provide for mail forwarding in event of address change. Allow up to 8 weeks for processing of mail-in offer. If Mail-in offer is
not received within 8 weeks, customer must notify Mitsubishi by emailing PVS_BusinessAdministration@mdea.com no later than 45 days after submission, or all rights
hereunder will expire. 11. Issuance of Mail-in offer will discharge all obligations of Mitsubishi. 12. Mitsubishi reserves the right to rescind or change offers at any time without notice.

Don't lose sight of the Big Picture
post #7 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I took a chance too. I hope they don't screw us

Even if they do it's better to get the discount in cash than in bulb rebate.

Huey ;-]
post #8 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post

I took a chance too. I hope they don't screw us

Even if they do it's better to get the discount in cash than in bulb rebate.

Huey, I'm not following the cash comment? are you thinking the could just give some cash back? Would this be the OEM or the outfit we bought them from?

Sam
post #9 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I went for the purchase too. The way it appears is they changed the end of the promotional period from 12/31 to 11/20 because I would assume that while they "reserve the right to rescind or change offers at any time without notice" they want to be able to say they at least gave some sort of heads up-even if it was a one day heads up. After all, why would Mitsubishi go out of their way to change the end date just to not own up to their end of the deal
post #10 of 13 Old 11-20-2006, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

This was a swift move by Mitsubsihi to compete with the hd70.I was dissapointed to find out this afternoon I had a couple of hours to try to buy this projector with the free lamp coupon. I talked with PROJECTORPEOPLE this morning and they knew nothing and then all of a sudden at 3pm they called me to say there was a price drop.I think this is a mistake by Mitsubishi by ending the free bulb promotion for a couple of reasons.The first thing is that they only offer a 1 year warranty compared to the 2 years on the Hd 70.The second reason is that I think the Mits is most likely a better projector and most people would of paid $1200 with the free bulb over the Hd70 for $999 or less.The 3rd reason is the bulb for the Mits is $400 compared to the $299 or less I have seen the Hd70 bulb for.

One last thing is when I talked to a Mitsubishi rep they said the free lamp coupon had to be inside the box and not a printed or downloaded piece of paper.
post #11 of 13 Old 11-21-2006, 02:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman50 View Post

One last thing is when I talked to a Mitsubishi rep they said the free lamp coupon had to be inside the box and not a printed or downloaded piece of paper.

They send us the coupon for the lamp, we then have a year to redeem it, then at that point the new bulb has a 90 day warranty.

The problem is that Mits requested SN# of all in-stock HD1000U, I'm probably gonna send it in but i'm not expecting much.

Good luck to us all
Dan

Regards,
Dan
post #12 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I received my couopn for the free lamp today, a big thank you to MITSU for honoring the promotion for those of us who bought after they lowered the price.

Regards,
Dan
post #13 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, the key is to order between 11/18/06 and 11/20/06 when prices dropped 11/18/06 but deadline for rebate was not until 11/20/06. I got my coupon too. Thanks Mits.

As far as the "cash" comment in my post above, I meant if I had a choice between $400 cash rebate vs. free bulb, I'd rather get the cash

Huey ;-]
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page