Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2606 Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRob View Post

I just checked and the white Mitsubishi Electric splash screen, the blue no signal screen, and the cross hatch pattern are all exactly the same size. They are all bigger then my screen and appear to be 16:9. That leads me again to think that its my DVD players output that isn't exactly 16:9.

All the screens you just named off plus my DVD player output and my XBOX360 output are the same size, and not 16:9. Let me ask this, I have noticed that on the right side of my image that it is out of square. I guess my pj it tilted either to the left or right slightly. Could this be effecting my image width and thats why it is not filling the screen from left to right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2606 Old 01-18-2007, 06:57 PM

What are you other HD1000U owners feeding your projector? Satellite, upconverted dvd, HTPC? I'm having a terrible time getting my htpc to feed the right resolution (have 1280x720p source material but gets scaled to xga everytime). My hd satellite looks great of course but my dvd player is very dissapointing. Trying to find the cheapest Panny S52 I can find.
post #723 of 2606 Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm using HD satellite, HD-OTA, and DVD at 480p. I just returned the Pan. S52 due to being very disappointed. At 720p and 1080i it looked worse than my Philips Q50 player with Faroudja. I'm saving my money for when the HD players drop in price to my budget.
post #724 of 2606 Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 PM

wow is all i have to say. i have it just on my wall and its amazing.
post #725 of 2606 Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDayFall75 View Post

People also kill in the name of the "Lord". And 80% of the prison population worships the "Lord", so I wouldn't take that into consideration, when purchasing something. I have heard they are a good company to buy from though.

Yes, you are certainly correct. BTW, My response was not sincere in any way, a joke intended to be totally tongue-in-cheek, of course - I hope everyone took it that way!

Woo Hoo! My HD1000 arrives tomorrow - hopefully Projector Place doesn't ship their packages requiring a signature, as there won't be anyone home during the day to sign for it... they BETTER leave the dang thing on the front porch! I'll go completely APE over the weekend if it goes back to the UPS warehouse on the truck and the dreaded yellow slip is stuck on my front door...
post #726 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 12:52 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsWRX View Post

All the screens you just named off plus my DVD player output and my XBOX360 output are the same size, and not 16:9. Let me ask this, I have noticed that on the right side of my image that it is out of square. I guess my pj it tilted either to the left or right slightly. Could this be effecting my image width and thats why it is not filling the screen from left to right?

I have my projector in "AUTO" aspect mode w/100% overscan and I've noticed that some HD programs on Dish are a little wider than others. The height seems consistent, but the width varies by a couple of inches depending upon the material.
post #727 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 05:40 AM

Ok, stupid me. I figured out why I couldn't fill the screen from left to right. My PJ was not square with the screen. It was only off a little bit so I never bothered to fix it. Well after I fixed it that little bit made a big difference in how much more I could zoom in and I was able to fill my screen and am now getting a 16:9 image. Duh
post #728 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 07:00 AM

I just got my HD1000 yesterday. The first impression is WOW!!. This projector is very bright, but the brightness does not wash out the image. The first thing I noticed compared to my H31, this projector is very sharp. The OTB colors were not very good at all. The colors were grayish and greenish. I used the settings from the projectorreviews.com, and it looks a whole lot better now. I am using an Oppo 971 and the picture looks very sharp and very clean. No noticeable noise in picture. The picture looks very smooth, with no visible SDE from 8' distance with an 75" screen. I tried the AVIA disk for adjusting the white levels. But it seems the OTB settings are pretty much on the mark in this. Now I need to find a ceiling mount.
post #729 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoitmaster View Post

MAALOX:

I just happened to purchase my HD1000 from "The Projector Place" over my lunch hour today at work. Did you happen to read the "About Us" section on their site?

"The Projector Place is a division of National Learning Systems which is a woman owned Christian based SBA HUB ZONE co. .... We sell to our customers as if we were selling to our Lord. As a Christian, if you are reading this, you will understand fully our position of integrity."

Dude, how could you possibly doubt them when you are buying your projector from the LORD, man?! Say Hallelujah!

Hey thannks for pointing that out. I will put my order in this week after the bears beat the Saints.
Thanks guys for all the input.
post #730 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 AM

A follow-up to Maalox:

I realize we all are really not supposed to be mentioning dealers and pricing and deals and such in this forum, but I just want to finish up with Maalox on this and I'll quit: I ordered my projector on Wednesday from TPP in and it is arriving today (friday) via UPS, two days is real quick, although just shipping from Indiana to Pennsylvania. Also, I had originally ordered just the projector by itself, but they had an package deal with a 3 year bulb warranty for an extra 100 that I declined at purchase. I then had second thoughts - I only use my projector a few hours a week, and a couple people mentioned experiencing bulb failures after 100 hours or so on this unit. I would be long out of the 90-day bulb warranty at 100 hours, so maybe I should have got the warranty package. SO, I called over lunch today (friday, 2 days later) and asked them if I could still add the bulb warranty to my original order or if it was only offered at original purchase, and they gladly just added it to the original invoice. (Their profit, I suppose!) SO, they do seem to be very easy to work with.

At least now I got peace-of-mind with 3 years not having to worry about bulb burn-out, and by then it will be time for me to trade up to a great, inexpensive (by that time) 1080p unit like everyone else is waiting for!

Also, My comment about buying from the Lord was strictly a humorous one, not to let anyone think I am a big bible-thumper or anything and/or trying to promote a specific dealer. Just relating my experiences! Thanks, now I'll get down from my pulpit... (uh, just another joke - seriously!!)
post #731 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Has anyone tried this ceilingmount?

http://www.mountdirect.com/PMS_Proje...ount_p/pms.htm

It seems nice, but if I use flush mount, it seems like the space between the projector and ceiling 3.2" is not sufficient to handle the mount screws. Any comments from anyone using this one? thanks.
post #732 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psraj View Post

Has anyone tried this ceilingmount?

http://www.mountdirect.com/PMS_Proje...ount_p/pms.htm

It seems nice, but if I use flush mount, it seems like the space between the projector and ceiling 3.2" is not sufficient to handle the mount screws. Any comments from anyone using this one? thanks.

I have that exact mount. Its works great for me. I originally purchased it for my Optoma H27 which is used flush. The offset of the HD1000 is less than the H27 so I had to add in the included extension arm.

I am not sure what you are asking about the mountscrews. The included screws go into the pj all the way so that they do not stick out. If you clarify I will try to give you a better answer.
post #733 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM

Even though I had my mind set on this projector, I think my allegiance has swayed. Even though it costs more, I think I am going to go with the Sharp XV-Z3000. That one has been the only one to blow me away. I think it's worth the extra $1,000.
post #734 of 2606 Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDayFall75 View Post

Even though I had my mind set on this projector, I think my allegiance has swayed. Even though it costs more, I think I am going to go with the Sharp XV-Z3000. That one has been the only one to blow me away. I think it's worth the extra $1,000.

I read a post that Magnolia Audio Video is selling the Sharp xv-z3000 for a very good price right now. I had heard they were opening stores in California.
post #735 of 2606 Old 01-20-2007, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Update on my IN76 to HD1000 review (post #714).

I still believe the IN76 to be the better projector. The shadow detail of the IN76 is better. I have not done any calibration on the HD1000 as it is claimed to be dialed into D65 OOB (read www.cine4home.com review). I mentioned earlier that the IN76 works better with upconverted 1080i from the HD DVD player. I also checked OTA broadcasts and I would still call the IN76 slightly better.

The HD1000 is brighter by quite a bit, but I am comparing new bulb HD1000 to 1000 hour bulb IN76. The addition of Brilliant Color sure makes colors brighter (setting 3 or 4), useful for animation but I tone it down to 1 or 2 for others.

For < $900 delivered the HD1000 is a good value in 720p projectors.

k
post #736 of 2606 Old 01-20-2007, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
That review is for the HC1100, different projector.
post #737 of 2606 Old 01-21-2007, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

first like to thanks everybody for sharing their knowledge and experienced with
mits hd1000u. After reading most of it I decided to upgrade with hd1000u. I have been following this thread quite a bit now I am a new member on this site and I thanks the people who put up this site it is very informative.

I have a few questions my dedicated room is 13' wide 19.5' long and 8' ft high
and would like to have a screen of 106' (my diy screen is 92') I am willing to move my current mount a few ft back (it is now at 14.5') I can go as far as 16ft away from the screen, and really would like to have 106' is my set up will
work with hd1000u? I am worried about how low will be the bottom of my screen with hd1000u, coz I am planning to have a 2nd row seat. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter
Enjoy HD no matter what......
post #738 of 2606 Old 01-21-2007, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

HOW LONG IS THE POWER CORD on this projector? Could you use a pc power cord?

Reason I ask is that I want to run the cord to a Moster power center. I would like to ceiling mount it. I have 8ft ceilings. I would need about 15ft of cable? What other power conditioning options are their for a front projector?
post #739 of 2606 Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr View Post

Reason I ask is that I want to run the cord to a Moster power center. I would like to ceiling mount it. I have 8ft ceilings. I would need about 15ft of cable? What other power conditioning options are their for a front projector?

Yes, it is a PC style power cord. The stock one is about 10ft. Checkout monoprice.com for a longer replacement or extension.

-Mike
post #740 of 2606 Old 01-21-2007, 09:03 AM

I'm using the Mitsubishi projector calculator, and I'm curious about something. The height of my room is 92 inches, and the length of my room is 162 inches. Inputting these numbers into the projector calculator, the 16:9 screen dimensions would be 81.3 inches wide, 45.7 inches high, and 93.3 diagonally.

As far as I know, the ideal screen viewing distance is around 2x the diagonal inch count...which would be 186.6 inches. However, the calculator is apparently not letting me move the projector forward, because when I change that number, it changes the total length of my room!

Basically, this screen size seems too large for my room, and I'm curious if anyone else is using such a large screen in a similar size room, or if there is a way to reduce the image? I'd be willing to move the projector closer if necessary, although I'd like to get an accurate number from the calculator.
post #741 of 2606 Old 01-21-2007, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutlian View Post

first like to thanks everybody for sharing their knowledge and experienced with
mits hd1000u. After reading most of it I decided to upgrade with hd1000u. I have been following this thread quite a bit now I am a new member on this site and I thanks the people who put up this site it is very informative.

I have a few questions my dedicated room is 13' wide 19.5' long and 8' ft high
and would like to have a screen of 106' (my diy screen is 92') I am willing to move my current mount a few ft back (it is now at 14.5') I can go as far as 16ft away from the screen, and really would like to have 106' is my set up will
work with hd1000u? I am worried about how low will be the bottom of my screen with hd1000u, coz I am planning to have a 2nd row seat. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

With 8ft ceilings, here are the options for a 106" screen. With a mount lenth of 4-5 inches, the bottom of the screen will be about 21inches from the floor. You could always tilt it a few inches. The projector can be between 15.5ft and 12.7 ft. Hope this helps. There is an article on the tilting and keystone thing. Not as bad as some make it to be. I also have 8 ft. No projector, yet. For the price of the HD1000, I have to begin my front projector experience with it.

PS. go a page or two back and download the distance calculator I got from Mitsubishi. That's what I used. I will post the thread about the keystone and tilt.
Edit: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post9505865
post #742 of 2606 Old 01-21-2007, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit64 View Post

I'm using the Mitsubishi projector calculator...

Maybe try the calculator from projectorcentral, same numbers but maybe easier to use, as it's easy to see/factor in the zoom.

Also, 2x is not 'the best'. I would say 1.5x on a 720p (2x on a 480p because there are less than half the pixels and you start seeing screen door effect). It's subjective. I've been sitting 1.7, might sit slightly closer since I've upgraded to 720p (it's not set up yet) but then my screen is also slightly smaller (98" now).
post #743 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Thank you cnickersonjr I went ahead
and download the mitsubishi calculator. I am glad
you are going to do a front projection, you will never see a movie
again in the movie theaters....

Thanks again for the info.

Peter

Peter
Enjoy HD no matter what......
post #744 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr View Post

I had an outlet in the attic above the den so I used it for power to the projector. Used the cord that came with it and a regular surge protector. This way the wall switch is in another room (laundry room) and there will be no accidental outages.

How is everyone else's vga picture looking from your computer? I'm getting something that looks pretty horrible and undreadable even though my nvidia dualview settings have the resolution matched right for that output.
post #745 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutlian View Post

Thank you cnickersonjr I went ahead
and download the mitsubishi calculator. I am glad
you are going to do a front projection, you will never see a movie
again in the movie theaters....

Thansks again for the info.

Peter

I can definitely agree with the movie theater comment. Had my first demo yesterday at my birthday party for family and it went over extremely well. Now I won't be able to get them to leave me alone. 2 sides to every coin I suppose.

I just wish there were more HD ppv options. I'm having to use satellite (Directv) and they only have one available. And I would not pay to watch Standard def on my HD projector.
post #746 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevivoe View Post

Update on my IN76 to HD1000 review (post #714).

I still believe the IN76 to be the better projector. ...

I mentioned earlier that the IN76 works better with upconverted 1080i from the HD DVD player.

Why would you feed 1080i from an upconverted DVD to the 720p Native HD1000.
This would require two resolution conversions instead of just one and is just about guaranteed to degrade the image.

For 1080i ATSC OTA channels (CBS/NBC) I sometimes feed it into my HD1000 but in this case only one resoluton conversion is required (and I still haven't decided if my HD TIvo does a better job of it than does the HD1000) so most of the time I leave my Tivo outputting 720p as well..
post #747 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 11:35 AM

Paul_PDX:

I use Comcast/Motorola HD cable box with my HD1000 and I set it up so it feeds the PJ 720p. Should I change that back to 1080i?
post #748 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM
tqn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manshack_one View Post

How is everyone else's vga picture looking from your computer? I'm getting something that looks pretty horrible and undreadable even though my nvidia dualview settings have the resolution matched right for that output.

I use DVI-HDMI with my comp, so I can't comment specifically on the VGA connection. Some general trouble-shooting tips though:
Bring up the HD1000 menu to confirm that the input is indeed "720p".
Set overscan to 100%. Try all the different aspect ratios (don't use REAL).
Set sharpness to -2. Ensure all keystoning is off.
post #749 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqn View Post

I use DVI-HDMI with my comp, so I can't comment specifically on the VGA connection. Some general trouble-shooting tips though:
Bring up the HD1000 menu to confirm that the input is indeed "720p".
Set overscan to 100%. Try all the different aspect ratios (don't use REAL).
Set sharpness to -2. Ensure all keystoning is off.

What's strange is that when I set the nvidia to dualview so the projector can have it's own resolution it shows up at 720p but there aren't any icons on the desktop. Weird. And as soon as I start playing a movie the full screen feature kicks in and the resolution on the pj changes to sxga. I think it has something to do with the virtual desktop stuff that nvidia mentions in the new driver release notes. If I set it to clone the desktop it's not even readable.
post #750 of 2606 Old 01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubichou View Post

Paul_PDX:

I use Comcast/Motorola HD cable box with my HD1000 and I set it up so it feeds the PJ 720p. Should I change that back to 1080i?

ABC and FOX are 720p while CBS and NNBC are 1080i -- if your cable box has a setting to output Native (my Tivo doesn't) you can use Native to let the HD1000 do your scaling for you or you can set the box to 720p to let the cable box do the scaling. It is all a matter of which box does the scaling better -- between my Tivo and the Mits it seems to be a toss-up so I am tending to leave the Tivo set to 720p all of the time for HD material and set it to 480p for letterboxed SD material so I can use the zoom setting on the Mits.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page