Epson 810 Thread -- all Epson 810 discussion here . . . - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 1647 Old 06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PLincoln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_R View Post

Well, as I understand it, DLP models are more prone to noise than LCD. And yes, seeing clean/HD sources would certainly help, I think .

Anyway, I still went ahead and officially ordered a TW700 after all. I had a Panny AX100 for a couple of days, but it showed slight discoloration, a blue-greenish streak at the bottom of the frame, and was more unstable in background details (particularly with motion) than the TW700. Even though I saw less actual filmnoise/grain than on the TW700 (with hardly a loss of sharpness), the general bad points don't stack up favorably against the good compared to the TW700, which also had a more vibrant, popping image somehow. Colors of the Panny were excellent out-of-the-box, though.

Congrats on the purchase. I hope you will be happy with it.
PLincoln is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 1647 Old 06-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Bart_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLincoln View Post

Congrats on the purchase. I hope you will be happy with it.

Thanks, PLincoln. Your comments certainly helped putting things in perspective and now that I've been able to compare with the AX100 I know exactly what I'm (not) missing and what I can expect with the TW700.

I'll try to reduce the grain as much as possible (someone suggested simply attaching a wire between the [metal] frames of pj and dvd-player in order to negate my [likely] ground problem [which I had probably already fixed with the extra component cable]), but other than that I'll just have to start enjoying the image already .

And the 3 year guarantee on both the pj and the lamp (or 2000 hours) is certainly comforting .
Bart_R is offline  
post #1623 of 1647 Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Member
 
sirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Stardust View Post


Would I be better served swapping out my standard component connection that came with the 360 for the VGA or perhaps some premium component cables? I searched the thread and found similar questions, but no answers.

Same question for the Wii. Will this PJ work better with the Wii over standard cables or the component?

Yes, definately invest in component for your WII, i have done this and it is a nicer image, any composite signal that large is ugly. BTW, playing WII sport at 100" simply ROCKS ) Congrats on your tw-700, I have just hit 250 hours on mine and its as bright as the day i bought it and have loved EVERY minute of it!
sirg is offline  
post #1624 of 1647 Old 06-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Member
 
sirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_R View Post

And the 3 year guarantee on both the pj and the lamp (or 2000 hours) is certainly comforting .

Incidentallt, i have totally forgotten what the tw-700 lamp is rated at in terms of length of hours... can someone answer this for me.. Ta.
sirg is offline  
post #1625 of 1647 Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SbWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: War Eagle,Oklahoma
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
2-3K hours..
SbWillie is offline  
post #1626 of 1647 Old 07-10-2007, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PLincoln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_R View Post

Thanks, PLincoln. Your comments certainly helped putting things in perspective and now that I've been able to compare with the AX100 I know exactly what I'm (not) missing and what I can expect with the TW700.

I'll try to reduce the grain as much as possible (someone suggested simply attaching a wire between the [metal] frames of pj and dvd-player in order to negate my [likely] ground problem [which I had probably already fixed with the extra component cable]), but other than that I'll just have to start enjoying the image already .

And the 3 year guarantee on both the pj and the lamp (or 2000 hours) is certainly comforting .

any update?
PLincoln is offline  
post #1627 of 1647 Old 07-10-2007, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

2-3K hours..


I'm over 300 hours already -- had it 4 months.
caesar1 is offline  
post #1628 of 1647 Old 07-10-2007, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JoeFigueiredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm at 430 hours had it nearly 4 months.
JoeFigueiredo is offline  
post #1629 of 1647 Old 07-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Member
 
KaushikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys:

I finally bought my Epson 810 projector. I need to get 106" electric screen. Do you guys have any recommendations for screen that match very well with Epson 810. I will have very good light control...

Thanks
kaushik
KaushikC is offline  
post #1630 of 1647 Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
HDholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RI, U.S. of A
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone ran an HQV 1080i deinterlacing test? How did it perform?
HDholic is offline  
post #1631 of 1647 Old 12-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Member
 
daffeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anybody have pictures of the wii attached via component on the tw700/810? I'm thinking of getting a wii but i don't want it to look like ass and i don't have an av receiver atm
daffeh is offline  
post #1632 of 1647 Old 01-01-2008, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone out there have an HD DVD player and/or blu-ray player with this projector?

If so, please do me a favor.

Send a 1080p signal from the High Def DVD player to the projector and tell me what happens?

Does it work? What shows on the "info" menu screen under resolution on the PJ?

As far as I can tell from reading the specs, this PJ is NOT supposed to be compatible with a 1080p signal. But I think it works for me.

I'm curious as to what is going on.
caesar1 is offline  
post #1633 of 1647 Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Member
 
ilias-hellas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also the older tw600 can accept 1080p (from oppo 981)
ilias-hellas is offline  
post #1634 of 1647 Old 01-31-2008, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have over 750 hours on my bulb. I'm thinking of buying a new bulb -- and keeping the current bulb as a spare.

Anyone know where is a good place to buy a spare bulb for this projector?
caesar1 is offline  
post #1635 of 1647 Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My original bulb had 800 hours on it. I thought it was a good time to buy a new bulb -- and keep the original as a spare. (I don't plan to upgrade to 1080p for two years or so).

Changing out the bulb was easy -- but it is a pain to take the PJ down from the mount -- and then remove the mount hardware to get to the bulb area.

I also cleaned the filter (for the first time ever). Although it says clean every 3 months, it wasn't even that dusty. All I did was flick the filter with my finger to bang the dust out of it.

The worst part about it was re-aligning the PJ with the screen afterwards. It took me over an hour to get it just right. I would move it one way, then it would be off in another place.

It is extremely difficult to get all 4 corners squared away (but I'm probably more anal then others about perfect geometry. And then when you use lens shift, it doesn't lock in place always, or it messes it up horizontally, when you only move the vertical wheel.

There's got to be a better way to align a PJ with a screen.

Also, my next PJ will have electronic zoom and focus. It makes no sense to do that from 16 feet back.

By the way, does anyone with the 810 feel like they got ripped off, as the 720 out there now is really just a re-badged 810. And for about 1/3 the cost AND it comes with a free bulb.
caesar1 is offline  
post #1636 of 1647 Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Member
 
Smegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Australia, with joy.
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just replaced the bulb in my TW700, had 2790 hours on it. It started giving me the REPLACE LAMP warning at about 2700 or so hours, but I had to wait for stocks.
Surprisingly the old lamp looks pretty good still, a little dimmer but not to the point where one would make a big deal out of it.
Happy as Larry with this PJ. My previous, a Panasonic AE700, the lamp was almost 3 times the price!
Smegger is offline  
post #1637 of 1647 Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger View Post

I just replaced the bulb in my TW700, had 2790 hours on it. It started giving me the REPLACE LAMP warning at about 2700 or so hours, but I had to wait for stocks.
Surprisingly the old lamp looks pretty good still, a little dimmer but not to the point where one would make a big deal out of it.
Happy as Larry with this PJ. My previous, a Panasonic AE700, the lamp was almost 3 times the price!

Have you ever cleaned the filter in those 2700 hours?

Also, do you have a hard time getting the PJ aligned perfectly with the screen -- like I do?

It takes me forever after I unmount it.
caesar1 is offline  
post #1638 of 1647 Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Member
 
Smegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Australia, with joy.
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did clean the filter, maybe 4 times...shhhh don't tell Epson.

Mine sits on a shelf on the back wall and I have marked where the front feet go to make it a bit easier but it can still take a while, mainly due to the lousy lens shift system. One thing Panasonic did do better.
I also have to readjust the lens shift according to the weather here. I've noticed that in summer, when the temps can go over 42degC(107F), the picture drops a bit on the screen - but then most things droop a bit in the heat.....
Smegger is offline  
post #1639 of 1647 Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger View Post

I did clean the filter, maybe 4 times...shhhh don't tell Epson.

Mine sits on a shelf on the back wall and I have marked where the front feet go to make it a bit easier but it can still take a while, mainly due to the lousy lens shift system. One thing Panasonic did do better.
I also have to readjust the lens shift according to the weather here. I've noticed that in summer, when the temps can go over 42degC(107F), the picture drops a bit on the screen - but then most things droop a bit in the heat.....

I notice it droop when its on for a while some times. They really need a lens lock.
caesar1 is offline  
post #1640 of 1647 Old 06-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Member
 
speculare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

After 6 months using, I need to get my projector fixed to my back wall, over a sofa that's sitting back to the same wall.
For aesthetic reasons, I want to fix it to the wall and not to the ceiling.

I'm considering either a shelf - haven't seen anyone which i liked - or a wall mount.

http://www.vogels.com/pages/consumer...ssification=31

Would both of these work with the Epson TW700 (810)?
Are they recommendable?
Any other possible recommendations? (Has to be something I can order online in europe or that delivers to europe).

thanks for any input
Cheers
L.
speculare is offline  
post #1641 of 1647 Old 06-26-2008, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rover2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Few pics from my TW700 shot with a Canon DIGITAL IXUS 950 IS .

























Camara was way to close but not bad for a first attempt
PS These are just for fun, the images look much better in person
rover2002 is offline  
post #1642 of 1647 Old 07-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Newbie
 
Dushie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all
I have been going through the posts. From last couple of days and finally reached the end to the last post, i am planning to buy this PJ , its damm expensive here and costing same as Th pana Ax200 or the hitachi tx 300,
i am planning to project on a 78'' x 138'' screen (1.3 gain) ,room will have low ambient light, as per specifications on projector central i can keep the projector at 17 feet using zoom lens project the image,
what i wanted to know if the projector will have enough brightness to produce a good image, i will be viewing the screen from a distance greater than 21 feet.

Just wanted to know if the image projected will be good enough as i am using a big screen, and zoom on the projector ..

all inputs are welcome
Dushie is offline  
post #1643 of 1647 Old 12-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Member
 
ea77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I'm thinking of selling my Epson TW-700 with 87hrs on it. Can you guys give me your opinion on what is it worth USD?

Thank-you,
ea77 is offline  
post #1644 of 1647 Old 12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
lewke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I saw an ad for one on Videogon for $899 after $100 rebate and free spare bulb not too long ago.

I purchased one for $725 shipped with 80 hours, plus a spare bulb.
lewke is offline  
post #1645 of 1647 Old 12-20-2008, 02:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rover2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea77 View Post

Hey guys I'm thinking of selling my Epson TW-700 with 87hrs on it. Can you guys give me your opinion on what is it worth USD?

Thank-you,

Is it ISF calibrated? What are your pros/cons for this Pj?
$700 - $800 sounds about right.
rover2002 is offline  
post #1646 of 1647 Old 12-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Member
 
ea77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks.


Can someone tell me what's the difference between the TW-700 and the Home Cinema 720?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewke View Post

I saw an ad for one on Videogon for $899 after $100 rebate and free spare bulb not too long ago.

I purchased one for $725 shipped with 80 hours, plus a spare bulb.

ea77 is offline  
post #1647 of 1647 Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
caesar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar1 View Post

My original bulb had 800 hours on it. I thought it was a good time to buy a new bulb -- and keep the original as a spare. (I don't plan to upgrade to 1080p for two years or so).

Changing out the bulb was easy -- but it is a pain to take the PJ down from the mount -- and then remove the mount hardware to get to the bulb area.

I also cleaned the filter (for the first time ever). Although it says clean every 3 months, it wasn't even that dusty. All I did was flick the filter with my finger to bang the dust out of it.

The worst part about it was re-aligning the PJ with the screen afterwards. It took me over an hour to get it just right. I would move it one way, then it would be off in another place.

It is extremely difficult to get all 4 corners squared away (but I'm probably more anal then others about perfect geometry. And then when you use lens shift, it doesn't lock in place always, or it messes it up horizontally, when you only move the vertical wheel.

There's got to be a better way to align a PJ with a screen.

Also, my next PJ will have electronic zoom and focus. It makes no sense to do that from 16 feet back.

By the way, does anyone with the 810 feel like they got ripped off, as the 720 out there now is really just a re-badged 810. And for about 1/3 the cost AND it comes with a free bulb.

4 years later and I just changed out the same bulb that I had put in 4 years ago per the above post. I had only about 1,400 hours on this 2nd bulb, but I noticed it seemed a little dimmer. I put back in the original bulb that came with the PJ -- which I had removed after 800 hours.

Interesting that I put 800 hours on the original bulb after only 1 year. Now 4 years later, only a total of 1400 hours on the 2nd bulb. So I went from an average of 800 hours in one year (the first year of having a PJ) to an average of 350 hours a year. I guess I really used the PJ a lot when I first got it -- testing it out, calibrating, etc. Now I mainly use it just for movies (and NFL football). A much more demanding job has also been the difference.

I will probalby replace it with a 1080p PJ (maybe the Epson 61000 if that ever materializes) within a year or so. No matter what though, the new PJ I buy will have to have power zoom and focus, power lens shift and lens memory.

It really was hard to rezoom and re-focus manually -- and line up the PJ correctly with the screen after taking the PJ down to replace the bulb.
caesar1 is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off