Help! Problem with 4805 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everybody,

Just a couple minutes ago i turned my projector on and immediatly realized there was a problem with the image.. Ive had my 4805 for quite some time and have never had a problem with it before...

There is a shadowy dark line running vertically upon the left side of the image...
It starts at the bottom of the left side, and runs to the top of the left side..

When i change the ratio from Native to 4:3 the Shadow disappears, but when the ratio is at 16:9, letterbox, or native the shadow is there ....

Also, At the end of the shadow there is a red line, followed by a Yellow Tinted Line...... I have higher resolution pictures incase someone wants to take a closer look....

I took pictures of the screen where the problem is visible, Please check out the picture and let me know what you think the problem could be ...
Here are the Pictures

Thank you for your help,
Ghost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-28-2006, 03:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRecon3 View Post

There is a shadowy dark line running vertically upon the left side of the image...

Search the 4805 thread for "light tube".

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

post #3 of 6 Old 11-28-2006, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

thanks cavu

Im starting the search right now

I had to send my X1 in because of the Buzzsaw, and now my 4805 has the dreaded Light Tube problem ....

WONDERFUL
post #4 of 6 Old 11-28-2006, 11:42 AM

GhostRecon3 I am curious where you purchased your 4805?

Some people have wondered if there is inferior product handling or actually inferior products coming from the big box stores, and other liquidation type suppliers.

I got my 4805 on sale at a true HT store and have had no problems with it.

It would be interesting if there was a correlation between purchase source and resulting problems.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-28-2006, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Actually, when i had to send my X1 in because of the " buzzsaw " issue, Infocus told me that it was the Optical Engine, and that it would take a very long time to fix
( dont quite remember how long they said but i do rememeber that it was a ridiculous amount of time )

So i cursed up a storm and talked my service tech. rep. into sending me the 4805, as a replacement... It was probably refurbed.....

Now i dont know what to do

p.s. i bought the Original Infocus X1 at BB Back In The Day
post #6 of 6 Old 05-12-2007, 04:30 PM

The problem you are seeing is a broken light pipe. I was having the same issue and it was driving me crazy. I must have cleaned the projector 10 times before I decided to rip the whole light engine apart.

The light pipe or Light tube is made up of 4 small pieces of mirror glued together. One side has collapsed and it is obstructing the light from the bulb.

I dont seen to have any adverse affects from removing the light pipe. Temporarily, I have taken the light pipe out completely. You will see it behind the color wheel. It is held down with 2 very small black screws. Now, off to see where I can purchase a new one.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page