Green Pixels on Hitachi PJ-TX10 Projector? Help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I bought a new house with a theater room and it has mounted a Hitachi PJ-TX10 LCD projector. I am a total newbe to projectors so I am hoping someone can help. I have hooked everything up. I have a Pioneer Elite 84TSXi and I am using it to switch/upscale my video signals. So I have a component signal going from the projector to the monitor out on the amp. I than have my HD cable box and a DVD player hooked up to my amp via component cables (all components as the pj does not have HDMI).

We watched a movie and some hockey etc. yesterday and noticed no problems. Today I turned the unit on and there appears to be green spots (pixels I guess) that are appearing in different spots on the screen. I am wondering what this might be or mean? The only other piece of info is that since turning it on the 1st time 2 days ago(when picture was fine) it has been telling me to clean the air filter). I kind of think the two are not rlated but thought I should mention it.

If anyone can help I thamk you in advance for taking the time to reply. I am going to upgrade the projector in the next few months but in the meantime I would love to get it back to the way it was yesterday!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

If those green spots are bigger than the regular pixels then they are dust blobs. Clean your filter and open up your PJ and blast some dry air into the LCD panels (you can buy the dry CO2 cartridge, compressed air with gun and 2 CO2 cartridges for $18 at Staples or similar office supply store.

You can use the cheaper canned air but be very careful and don't tilt the can or liquid propellant will spray your LCD panels. Just shake the can, give a few blasts outside the PJ, and then go to town on the LCD panels using the red tube to direct the air stream with one hand while keeping the can absolutely still and upright with the other hand.

If you're afraid to open the PJ then send it in for cleaning service ($100).

Huey ;-]
post #3 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. The spots are bigger than pixels and I am thinking it might be dust just as you have mentioned. I did open the air filter up cleaned it out and wiped some of the dust off the "dust detecting lens' and area. It appears to be better. I would like to do a better job. When you say blast some air into the LCD panels can you give me more detail? What do I open up? I assume it is something other than the air filter vent I removed and the filter itself. Thanks for your help.

Dave
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page