$99 3 Year Lamp Warranty - Worth it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a Mits 1000U along with this warranty which I may refund within the next 7 days. This is my first projector and I was interested in opinions about the warranty's worth.

As a first time projector owner am I being overly concerned about the fragile bulb in the projector by purchasing a warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The answer seems pretty simple. If the bulb blows early, which they sometimes do, it will be worth it. If not, it will arguably not be worth it, but it will give you peace of mind.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 11:35 AM

IMO, it is worth it. I also purchased the HD1000U w/Lamp warranty. This is my second projector. I had to replace the bulb on my first projector after <1000 hours. After replacement, I found myself limiting the usage of projector to save on bulb life, limiting it for movies and special sporting events. With my new projector and warranty, I will be spending a lot more time watching movies in sporting events in my theater.

Enjoy!!
post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I would check the verbiage on those warranties very closely. I am not familiar with the one you purchased but I've read the fine print in a couple of them. They did not cover the lamp if it exploded which both lamp failures I've had in ~2 1/2 years have been from them exploding. Some also only gave one replacement lamp in the duration of the warranty, etc. Read it closely.

Cheers!
post #5 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 08:50 PM

I bought the 3 year lamp warranty with my Mits HD 1000 from ProjectorPeople .I asked the sales guy if he had heard anyone ever having a problem with claiming a damaged or burned bulb and he said no,the most they do is ask you to find a local service repair tech to look at it before they replace the lamp, but most of the time it is not worth the cost so they just replace the lamp.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page