[B]Connecting VCR to Projector[/B] - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-04-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello friends, Prior to getting my basement finished, I got wiring done for a dedicated Projection home theater. I am happy with the speaker wiring which is almost a no-brainer for my low budget. The video wiring includes an HDMI and a Component cable running from one end of the room (receiver+dvd player) to the other end (ceiling mounted projector). Now if I had thought through this well enough, I should have also run an S-video or Composite video cable as well. The problem I am having now is that I am unable to connect video from my VCR (or Camcorder) to the Projector through the Audio Receiver (Onkyo 604). I foolishly assumed that I could pass composite to my receiver and get component out of it.

Looking for any suggestions other than fishing another wire through the ceiling/walls? My VCR and Camcorder only have S-Video and Composite outputs.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You could buy a scaler to convert Svideo/Composite to component (480p/720p/1080i) but it'll cost you > $200. It may be more cost effective to fish those cables.

Huey ;-]
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page