How to turn the "infocus demonstration" log off? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Folks:

I have a X1 projector. Some day, when i turned it on, I got a logo in the right upper corner of the screen with the message "Infocus Demonstration". When I 'm using the VGA input, the image also goes darker than usual; with RCA or S-VIDEO input, I don't get the image darker than usual.

I could see that other users had the same problem in this forum, but I could find no solution.

I guess that if I have the service code, I can enter in a kind of secret menu where I'll be able to turn this logo on or off.

Does anybody here knows the solution for this problem? Does anybody here knows the service code for X1?

I already upgraded the firmware to 4.3, reset the lamp counter, reset to factory defaults and no results.

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 AM

Liked: 10
Hi!

Sorry to digg up an old thread (a year and a half old).

I hav run into the same problem and was wondering if you found a solution to the problem?

Please help! anyone knows what to do ?
post #3 of 8 Old 03-23-2017, 04:31 PM

Liked: 0
I would also like to apologize for digging up this absolute zombie of a thread, but as it seems that no one on the internet has ever found a solution for this issue, based upon my Googling, does anyone have any insights they should share? I powered up an old DP1200x today to be greeted with the exact same watermark overlay in the top right corner, and can find no way to turn it off.

Should I attempt to get a service code and take a look in there?

post #4 of 8 Old 03-24-2017, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1518 Post(s)
Liked: 998
There are answers out there if you do a simple search for this issue, but you probably won't like the answers. For example, one person called InFocus support and was told the projector was old and obsolete and should be replaced. Another had this issue develop when trying to upgrade the firmware and InFocus service ended up replacing the entire optical engine. Yet another wrote the following:

Quote:
No reset codes, but the problem lies with the dmd eca, which is the circuit board that attaches the dmd to the main board. this board holds the splash screen ("infocus" screen) info. unfortunately, unless you have the specific part number from the board, you need to replace the entire optical engine, which is the most expensive part of the projector. if you do get the part number, find an infocus authorized service center and purchase it from them.
So it seems that there is no simple fix.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-24-2017, 02:06 PM

Hi Dave in Green,

Yes, I did encounter those posts while I was researching a fix for this topic. I also found this thread: avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/661121-infocus-sp7200-demo-mode-escape.html, where a member here had the solution messaged to him. Unfortunately I do not have the necessary minimum posts yet to send tibia a private message, and that thread is now closed.

I believe the solution is as simple as entering the service code menu and turning Demo Mode off, but I can't do this without access to that menu.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-25-2017, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I will PM @tibia for you and ask him to please respond to you.
post #7 of 8 Old Today, 05:56 PM

Thanks a lot for doing this Dave in Green. I'm at a loss as to how I could have caused this. If there's any way this can be turned off or disabled, it would be much appreciated. If I come across a solution for this at any point, I'll edit this post to reflect as such. Thanks.
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

As noted by PM, even the guys from InFocus didn't have an answer. It's a technical issue and the answer from InFocus is not to bother with such an old model but to buy a new projector. Not sure that's a good way to get someone to buy another InFocus projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP