Searching for a Projector --- Suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-13-2007, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I'm looking for a projector that will do 720p native, has HDMI, and has 2 component video connections for under $1700. The only projector I've found that seems to meet all of those requirements is the Sanyo PLV-Z5. Are there any other options available?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-13-2007, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

41 views and no replies, guess the Z5 is my only option

Anyone know if this projector is good for a pretty small room? The Room it will be going in is 12' x 11' and the projector will be approximately 10' from the screen on a shelf. I'm wanting to run it somewhere between 84" and 92".
post #3 of 7 Old 01-13-2007, 06:17 PM

The Panasonic AE900U has all of this. You can get them for just a little over $1000.00 now. It's the competitor to Sanyo's PLV-Z4, but it still holds one of the top spots on Projector Central's recommended home theater projector list. Read up on it.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-13-2007, 06:18 PM

I've got similar dimensions (actually smaller) and I've chiseled my options down to the Panny AX100U and the Z5. I have seen the panny in action... Stunning PQ! But I have been reading lots of buggy threads that are making me a little cautious, If I do get this one it will definately be from Costco (return policy). And if you search the Z5 threads you will come across the horror stories of Sanyo service as well as screen door effect at the close distance you will be from screen. Price certainly favors the Z5, but that Panny picture was amazing.

Hope that helps a little.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, it was exactly what I was looking for. That AE900U looks just about perfect for me. This is my first projector, so I don't want to spend a ton of cash and that AE900U fits the bill.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 PM

No problem. I think you'll be happy with it. I had one here for a short time, but it had a dust blob and bad convergence issues (I bought it used off the internet). I have another one on the way though, so maybe this one will be a little bit better.

For the weekend I had mine, I was amazed by the color...it really is a good looking projector; and being your first, I think you'll be MORE than happy with it. Welcome to the club!!
post #7 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 06:10 AM

I just picked up a Panny AE900U recently and am planning to buy the Oppo DV-981HD to play my DVDs. I know that the 971H has rave reviews but has anyone had experience with the 981HD?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page