New ACER projector? - Page 4 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 04-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes, i think acer has been a player in the laptop market much longer than the projector market which is why i'm so skeptical about the ph530 because i still cant find any reviews or more user opinions on it. on paper it looks like a very nice machine being sold at a very good price; offering HD at a price point never heard of before. but i would still like to hear more people's opinions and perhaps some actual shots of it in action. but in this case the lack of discussion about it might mean that its not a hidden jem? no news means bad news in this case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmanky View Post

Certainly not apples to apples... but I bought the wife a new acer laptop just after Christmas on a whim... and was very impressed with the qulaity for the price (i.e value).

It appears that the company is making a run for a share of the market with the price-point being a main focus area. If the projector is comparable to the laptop I bought, then it will probably "feel" a little less rugged and therefore maybe a little more sensitive to bumps, etc.. but perform as well as the bigger players that it is shooting for.

Not sure if I would buy an Acer Projector without seeing one in person though... but that's just me. Maybe a few more testimonials from seasoned HT enthusiasts could sway that.

I recently bought the HD1000U to replace my 3.5yr old X1 and couldn't be happier. Money well spent in my opinion!

good thread.. I hope to see it get more activity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 05-03-2007, 11:07 AM

Hey guys.

Anyone pull the trigger on this one yet? My brother in law is in the market for one of these.
He can get great prices for himself from Acer so it's the only brand he will buy.
I'm trying to get him into Crt (used to own a sony-1272) but space is a big big factor for him.
This PJ has been out a while and I can't find any reviews for. Does anyone have any screenies in action? Opinions?

Thanks!
post #93 of 96 Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
This PJ seems to be largely ignored and I'm not sure why. I have been trying to find reviews with no luck
post #94 of 96 Old 05-05-2007, 01:25 PM

post #95 of 96 Old 05-31-2007, 10:39 PM

Liked: 11
This is the projector im saving for right now. i currently have an acer XGA pj, and was satisfied because it was thousands less than any 720p pjs at the time. the pj works very well, but you can clearly tell its a business pj, this one isnt, so it could be very good.

in canada its 350$ cheaper than the HD70 and HD1000.

also the bulbs are MUCH cheaper which makes a significant difference on the TOTAL cost.

heres a bunch of info and pics
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...619&CatId=1755

id also like to know more about the DLP platform used.
post #96 of 96 Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 AM

XstreamHD has a mini review in the "Acer PH530" thread

UPDATE: and I found several more reviews here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009099
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version