Hitachi PJTX100 - Page 26 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 778 Old 04-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've never gotten rid of the verticle lines or the lamp flicker. I just restarted it again for the golf season in my shop. I'll try the long sessions to see if I can get it to quit. I remember doing it once over night last year but it didn't help... maybe try it a couple nights. Any other thoughts or success stories on fixing these issues? Anybody want this unit

Mike's attempt at a Theater

DIY motorized masking system

"Name?" Shropshire Slasher
"Occupation?" Shropshire Slasher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 778 Old 04-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

I've accessed the stripe menu and messed with it. The native settings are for +7 on red green and blue. I can make the stripes appear and disappear in the individual colors but when I go out the to look at the picture then the stripes are still there. I can really make them appear in the green menu but it doesn't matter. I've went way up and way down and it doesn't help.... any ideas

post #753 of 778 Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyH View Post

I have this problem and will try this fix. Thank you for posting a solution.
I would also like to know what kind of lamp lives that folks are getting from the TX-100. I have 1500 hours on mine now. How long till I need to order a replacement?

I actually have less time on mine than you have on yours about 1200 hours... Try a marathon, do not let the computer go into sleep mode or even screensaver. For some reason that doesn't help. I will leave a game on the computer and have the opening run for a while. I have learned to leave the projector on a little longer than I want, even if it wastes hours. That way I don't get the flicker issue.
post #754 of 778 Old 09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Son of a gun!! I just turned on my TX100 to watch some Monday Night football. I thought it looked a little dim to me- a few minutes later- pop!

I've had the projector less then 2 years (Feb 2007) and only had 380 hours on that bulb.

Now do I get a new bulb or upgrade?

Anyone else have the bulb blow at such an early time?

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #755 of 778 Old 10-01-2008, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone? I know there was a bunch of people who bought the PJ-TX100 at the same time. I'm wondering how everyone else's projector is holding up. I ordered a bulb for $217.00, which isn't that bad, but I am still considering getting a new 1080p projector and selling the Hitachi.

Scott

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #756 of 778 Old 10-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I started another thread about my fan speed ramping up. It'll start off okay, but after a minute or two, the speed & noise increase.
I figure it's probably the bulb overheating. I've got about 1850 hours on the bulb. Other than that, though, the picture's great.
I too ordered a new bulb (I paid $264 Cad). The website says it's usually available in 10-15 business days, so it'll be a while for me to get it. I figure if it solves my problem, fine. If not, I'll send it in for repair & then sell it. A spare bulb's a great selling point.
I'd rather not sell it though, as I can't really afford a 1080p model at the moment, & I don't think another 720p model would be much of an upgrade.
post #757 of 778 Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM

Scott,
Did you get your new bulb yet? UPS delivered mine today, but no one was here to sign for it, so I'll have to wait until Monday.
Since it was $120 cheaper than anywhere else, I'm wondering if it's just the bulb & not the bulb assembly, i.e. the bulb & caddy, & if so, how hard it is to replace the bulb in the old assembly.

Edit:
Well, there goes mine. I turned it on, the fan ran normally for a minute, sped up & then the pj shut down.
The lamp light is off & the power & temp lights blink sequentially, meaning that either the fan's not operating, or that the interior has overheated.
Why, oh why couldn't the UPS guy have come later?
post #758 of 778 Old 10-03-2008, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Haven't received mine yet It was shipped ground yesterday. I probably won't receive it until Mon or Tues.

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #759 of 778 Old 10-07-2008, 07:51 AM

Well, I got the bulb, but it didn't solve the problem. It ran okay for 5 minutes (although the lamp & temp lights may have blinked once during startup), but then the fan speed kicked up so I shut it down. I tried restatring it after a while, but it seems like the fan doesn't start & the pj just shuts down.
I'm debating just selling the bulb & upgrading, or getting it fixed, selling it & upgrading.
post #760 of 778 Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

My bulb is on the truck and should be delivered today. I hope I have better luck. I'll let you know.

I'm debating whether to sell mine with the new bulb. The Epson 720C is very appealing with the rebate and free bulb. The again the new Sanyo Z60 looks good too- it's the only projector that adresses my peeve about lcd projectors- dust blob issues. Also, my local Best Buy has a Sony 720 projector marked down to $899 now on clearance. Not sure what I will do- sad thing is that I really can't afford a 1080p projector right now.

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #761 of 778 Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM

I was thinking about the Epson too, but man, did the Hitachi look great with the new bulb, even if it was only for 5 minutes. I don't know if another 720p unit would be an upgrade.
Up here in Canada, the Sanyo Z2000 can be had for a great price after a $500 rebate. Too bad you have to wait to get the cheque. I wish they'd just lower the price.
Looks like I'll be out of a pj for the long weekend (Thanksgiving). Bummer.
post #762 of 778 Old 10-08-2008, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally got my lamp installed and everything is great again. Very bright and vibrant now. Sorry about your bad luck. I hope I get at least 1,000 hours out of my new bulb this time. I was suprised how much brighter the new bulb is when the old bulb only had a little under 400 hours before it blew. I think I'll keep the Hitachi a bit longer.

Scott

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #763 of 778 Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM

I spoke to the shop today & the 2nd fan is siezed. It's under everything so the labour's pricey. It's going to cost $275 CAD to repair, but Hitachi says it'll take 2 weeks to get the part. The shop says that translates to the end of November.
I bought the Epson 720 but the picture's not as sharp as the Hitachi. I can get the HDJ-52 (TX200) for under $900 incl. a spare bulb, so I'm thinking of selling the Epson, buying the TX200 & then selling the TX100 when I get it back.
post #764 of 778 Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 PM

Doh! I bought my PJTX100 in March of last year. My first bulb only made it to about 800 hours before popping. My second one has lasted over 1700 hours, but I have just within the last two weeks started noticing the blue haze creeping in. And, just this evening I started noticing a bit of a vertical line on the left side.

It really sucks, because I LOVE this projector and hate for it to start to go out on me. I'll probably call Hitachi and see if there's still any life on the warranty. If not, I'll probably have to start setting some money aside for a new one. Any recommendations on a replacement 720p projector with great durability and long bulb life?
post #765 of 778 Old 12-04-2008, 07:11 AM

I got my Hitachi back a couple of weeks ago & finally decided to compare it to the Epson HC720. I waited until I got the new bulb for the Epson, so both PJs would have a fresh bulb.
After setting up the Hitachi, it is sharper than the Epson. I'll have to post a close-up pic of the Epson's menu to ask if the convergence is out. It looks good side-to-side, but text looks blurry on the top. I still can't get focus from corner to corner on the Hitachi though. The lower left corner is still a bit blurry.
I then set the Epson back up. The sharpness isn't that much below the Hitachi after all, but it is noticeable. The Epson does have more contrast, but the Hitachi's picture is quite good. I'd like to see the HDPJ-52(?) (TX-200) & compare that to the Epson.
Also, the Hitachi is super quiet now. It always made a fair bit of noise, so I suspect the fan was bad all along. It's a flat fan, like the squirrel cage type you'd find in a furnace or the snail type that are used to dry out houses after a flood (I know first hand - stupid toilet!). It wasn't the one that you can see after removing the lamp.
post #766 of 778 Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM

Well I'm sort of disappointed to hear that the hc720 is not much of step up. I've had upgraditis on the projector for a couple of months and that was a candidate. The picture on the tx100 still looks good to me but the dang fan noise is really starting to get old.

Have any tx100 owners replaced with something new and been impressed? I'd be interested to hear about your experience.

--Elliott--
(gamertag: hoofdpijn)

"Weck up to thees!"
post #767 of 778 Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM

I have 2 problems with my TX100. Maybe you can help me.

The first is a blue haze has begun to appear. Is my bulb about to go or is it a problem with the LCD panels? I have well over 1200 hours (maybe 1600, not sure, at work).

Second is an HDMI/HDCP problem (I think).
When I connect my DirecTV box (or PS3) with HDMI to my Sony STR-DG820 Receiver, then connect the receiver with an HDMI to DVI converting cable to the PJTX100, I get picture but no sound. I am surprised because the PJTX100 is supposed to be compatible with HDCP.

Here are some examples and in all cases the picture works.
This setup does not give me sound:-
DirecTV Box -> HDMI cable -> DG820 Receiver -> HDMI/DVI Adapter -> 25ft DVI cable -> PJTX100

This works fine and gives sound thru receiver and TV:
DirecTV Box -> HDMI cable -> DG820 Receiver -> HDMI cable -> Vizio TV

This does too but I wanted to have better quality and less cables:-
DirecTV Box -> Component cables + digital optical cable -> DG820 Receiver -> 25ft Component Cable -> PJTX100

Any ideas? My thoughts are HDCP problems. Maybe it is a cable or DVI/HDMI adapter problem (maybe I have the wrong combo of DVI-A or DVI-D.
post #768 of 778 Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Is your HDMI to DVI cable a single link or dual link cable?

I use a PJ-TX100 with an Onkyo 674 receiver, a LG BH200 BD/HD-DVD player, OPPO 970HD dvd player and Xbox 360 Elite. All have a HDMI cables running to the Onkyo reveiver and then I use a dual link hdmi to DVI cable from the receiver to the projector. I have had no issues at all with sound or picture. I got the cable from Monoprice.

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #769 of 778 Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 AM

I'm am fairly sure the cables and adapters are DVI-D Dual. I actually have 2 adapters to choose from.

Please excuse the super blurry iPhone snaps

Attachment 126480
This first pic if of the cable

Attachment 126478
This is one of the adapters

Attachment 126479
This is the other adapter
LL
LL
LL
post #770 of 778 Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM

Here is another example of testing which leads me to believe this might be a HDCP (or sync?) problem.

Setup is DirecTV box -> hdmi -> Sony DG820 Receiver -> HDMI/DVI Adapter -> 25ft DVI cable -> PJTX100.

With the DirecTV box and Receiver switched ON but the projector switched OFF (not standby, hard switch is off). With this setup I get sound just fine (not picture obviously, projector is off).

Then I turn ON the switch for the projector (it is still in standby) and after a second or two, the sound from the receiver cuts out.

It seems like the receiver talks to the projector and then makes a decision to cut sound output. My only thought is that the Sony doesn't like the PJTX100 HDCP. Can't think of any other ideas.

DVI Cable is 25ft long and runs along the same track as the power cable and some other (s-video, component video) cable. They all run along the same track. Could the length or interference cause the Receiver and PJTX100 not to sync?
post #771 of 778 Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmorrell View Post

I have 2 problems with my TX100. Maybe you can help me.

The first is a blue haze has begun to appear. Is my bulb about to go or is it a problem with the LCD panels? I have well over 1200 hours (maybe 1600, not sure, at work).

I've got the yellow haze on the left side. Is there a solution to these issues. I need to search through the thread I guess.

post #772 of 778 Old 12-27-2008, 06:56 PM

I broke the ribbon-cable of the blue panel. Can do I change it myself? Is easy to find another one?
Thanks
post #773 of 778 Old 12-28-2008, 05:28 PM

I just reached 1750, and it is giving me a warning about replacing the bulb. Is there a way to get rid of that? It is supposed to happen at 2000 hours, so is this just a warning?
post #774 of 778 Old 12-28-2008, 07:22 PM

Reset the lamp hours & write the amount of hours on a slip of paper so you'll remember it.
post #775 of 778 Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 AM

Hey guys I'm going to sell me Hitachi Tx100 what price can should I sell it?
post #776 of 778 Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else still using this projector? My projector only has 900 hours on it after 3 years. This weekend I noticed the lower right corner has a slight yellow tinge that is noticible when the screen is all white. I noticed it while watching the winter olympics during the downhill skiing. You guys think this is a polarizer already?

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #777 of 778 Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 AM

Still using mine. I have no idea how many hours are on it. I think I'm getting some kind of off colors on the screen when it's displaying an all white field but I haven't really paid it much mind since I don't notice it otherwise. I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of this projector so it's all gravy at this point as far as I'm concerned. The stupid fan is still ridiculously loud at times but apparently it isn't bugging me too much since I've not replaced it.

--Elliott--
(gamertag: hoofdpijn)

"Weck up to thees!"
post #778 of 778 Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 AM

Hi has anyone got the settings for a Pj -tx 300 bought one off eBay and all I can say picture does look nothing like photos he put up.as far as I can work out he or some other genius has been in service menu and messed everything up.would be big help if I could even get it close to what it should be
Thanx smile.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page