Can I trust Projector People and Projector Reviews? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some unbelievable responses above. Bottom-line is that I emailed PP about my concerns over the potential issues with a projector and it's alleged quality issues. The answer I got back was that:

1. Within 7 days, PP will take it back if it is under 4 hours of use
2. After that I would have to go through the manufacturer if there were an issue
3. I could always buy an extended warranty

Those are the facts. And, in my opinion, based on what I was directly told by the company, this is unacceptable to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waptap View Post

Some unbelievable responses above. Bottom-line is that I emailed PP about my concerns over the potential issues with a projector and it's alleged quality issues. The answer I got back was that:

2. After that I would have to go through the manufacturer if there were an issue

Those are the facts. And, in my opinion, based on what I was directly told by the company, this is unacceptable to me.

Barry and TFGhost, thanks for the hearty laugh I got out of your responses.

Right. You are talking about "Quality issues" not defects. I'm at work right now and don't have time to explain further but I'm sure someone will pop in and tell you how assembly lines work and how no product is perfect. A "quality issue" could be anything you don't like about the unit (i.e. convergence, sharpness, lumen output, etc.). The fact that you laughed at our responses says a lot. Good call Barry, but I doubt he'll have enough common sense to stop posting on AVS.
post #33 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost View Post

Right. You are talking about "Quality issues" not defects. I'm at work right now and don't have time to explain further but I'm sure someone will pop in and tell you how assembly lines work and how no product is perfect. A "quality issue" could be anything you don't like about the unit (i.e. convergence, sharpness, lumen output, etc.). The fact that you laughed at our responses says a lot. Good call Barry, but I doubt he'll have enough common sense to stop posting on AVS.

No worries. This board has been very, very informative and has helped me from making some big A/V mistakes (I can't overstate this enough... I get so much value from the folks who contibute here that I paid for a subscription to give a little back to the board and those who run it). As with all things though, you sometimes get some bad with the good. While I do tend to just try and laugh these things off, it does honestly bother me a little bit to see the glee that some seem to get from the use of foul-language and personal insults.
post #34 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. Waptap does not own the projector, he does not have a problem, and he is already complaining about the after sales service. And he has been reassured by members with personal experiences that in the real world, PP offers very fair and responsible after sales service. Why doesn't he do PP a favor, and buy one from Costco, and leave the Forum to people with valid issues or suggestions?

Barry
post #35 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmiller48 View Post

Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. Waptap does not own the projector, he does not have a problem, and he is already complaining about the after sales service. And he has been reassured by members with personal experiences that in the real world, PP offers very fair and responsible after sales service. Why doesn't he do PP a favor, and buy one from Costco, and leave the Forum to people with valid issues or suggestions?

Man, you guys are ready for a fight. Anyway, I never buy on price. I buy on a combination of price and service. I'm willing to pay a premium for excellent service. That's why I investigate after-sale service before I buy. Doesn't matter if it's a car or a house or whatever. Given the alleged high-failure rate of one of the projectors I was contemplating, I was especially concerned. Hence, the discussion with the company... which I took at their word and communicated verbatim on a relevant thread asking the exact same question I had. I'm not sure how you can't assume that what the company tells you directly isn't true. Maybe I got a new sales rep or something, and I'm glad that folks have received excellent service. And that return policy "reaasurance" didn't come until after the personal attacks. Right now, armed with my new found wisdom, I'm looking at the Panny ae1000u and am between Visual Apex and PP. Anybody else looking forward to get the thread back on track?
post #36 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I took several months trying to decide what projector to buy and from whom (partially because I was getting ready to move). A couple of the forum sponsors are great to work with but I ended buying from Carmen at PP because she had already helped me the most. She also made me a great deal. I was told if the projector were to have any problems in the first 30 days they will just exchange it for me. After that sure, it's between you and Panasonic but she said to call them first as they will always work to help their customers. Plus they have a good relationship with the manufacturer (Panasonic i my case). Because it's my first pj and I expect to need to keep it for at least two years I also got the extended warranty.

"Like a Ninja, only better!"
post #37 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post

I ended buying from Carmen at PP because she had already helped me the most. She also made me a great deal. I was told if the projector were to have any problems in the first 30 days they will just exchange it for me. .

Now, that is acceptable (not what I was told by them, but what I would have expected). Do you have Carme's contact info? Thx!
post #38 of 44 Old 04-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Now, that is acceptable (not what I was told by them, but what I would have expected). Do you have Carme's contact info? Thx!

It is contrary to forum published rules to recommend specific stores and salespeople. Comments of that nature will be removed by the web master. Waptap, I very much look forward to your future contributions to the Forum. The Forum is a place where we exchange information and experiences. It is not a place to complain and whine. Also it is not a one way street. You got our fur up because your only contribution seemed to be to complain about one of the well known better stores, that happened to have the best return arrangements and customer service out there. It was misleading and counterproductive. Many people chose to buy from retail stores just for the concerns you raised. We get a better price on-line and with it comes certain trade offs. I would never, for example, buy a big screen TV on-line because of the shipping back issue. But hacking away at an E-retailer that we are telling you is the best out there is not a contribution. Please buy the projector of your choice, from who you wish, and then share your experiences with us all, Barry.

Barry
post #39 of 44 Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmiller48 View Post

It is contrary to forum published rules to recommend specific stores and salespeople. Comments of that nature will be removed by the web master. Waptap, I very much look forward to your future contributions to the Forum. The Forum is a place where we exchange information and experiences. It is not a place to complain and whine. Also it is not a one way street. You got our fur up because your only contribution seemed to be to complain about one of the well known better stores, that happened to have the best return arrangements and customer service out there. It was misleading and counterproductive. Many people chose to buy from retail stores just for the concerns you raised. We get a better price on-line and with it comes certain trade offs. I would never, for example, buy a big screen TV on-line because of the shipping back issue. But hacking away at an E-retailer that we are telling you is the best out there is not a contribution. Please buy the projector of your choice, from who you wish, and then share your experiences with us all, Barry.

Yes, please share your opinion of the PJ when you've purchased and installed it.
post #40 of 44 Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 AM

I think the confusion is coming from "quality" vs "defective" here. PP will take back a projector on "quality" issues within 7 days and 4 hours of use. Things like you are irritated by the fan noise, scratched cases, dislike of the color saturations, etc. Basically, the projector works fine, you just don't like it.

Now if it dies on the other hand, it is 30 days...
post #41 of 44 Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM

I hear you saying your customers can always trust you people, for them to just let you know what they’re considering, and you’ll give them your honest opinion. But will they be assured reliance on your character ability strength and truth just because you say so? Sounds more like the trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.
post #42 of 44 Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
holy dug up dead threads, batman! .. you do realize this is from 07?
post #43 of 44 Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecent View Post

I hear you saying your customers can always trust you people, for them to just let you know what they’re considering, and you’ll give them your honest opinion. But will they be assured reliance on your character ability strength and truth just because you say so? Sounds more like the trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

confused.gif
post #44 of 44 Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecent View Post

Welcome to AVC and nice first post.
Which post are you responding to?

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page