*Official* Optoma HD80 thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3541 of 3547 Old 06-16-2014, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As a tip for folks with what appear to be lamp problems, be certain that you get any and all crud off the color wheel photo sensor! A detailed read of the service manual (link posted a bit above . . . ) shows that sensor errors will also cause the projector to shut down and give the lamp error! This has happened to me a couple of times, and usually a quick cleanse with canned air will do it, and sometimes an alcohol swab . . .

But alas, I think my sensor is getting a tad tired, and so I will likely need to replace it at some point. Optima in their infinite (lack of) wisdom, no longer has the PCB with the sensor . . . but the opto source/detector at the *ONLY* part on the board . . . and it's leaded, so a component replacement would not be in the slightest bit challenging *IF* I can find a compatible part, and unfortunately, mine has no visible markings, and I have no desire to pull it apart while it is still working . . .

So, might anyone know the component part number (*NOT* Optoma number - component part number . . . ) for this opto detector?

And also, does anyone know the level of/have current firmware for the HD8000/HD80LV?

Thanks,

- Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3547 Old 08-25-2014, 04:10 AM

Liked: 0
Unhappy Burned Out Power Supply - HELP!

Hi all

My Optoma HD80 decided to die in a big explosion. With the help of a friend, I've opened the box. Apparently, a bug flew in (A real bug) and caused the the whole power supply to fry.

Where can I find a new power supply or a used one for this unit?

Thanks in advance, Eran
post #3543 of 3547 Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 AM

Unhappy Remote and shutdown issues

So I've tried reading thru many of the pages here but when there are 119 of them it's going to take quite a long time!

My Optoma HD80 is having 2 issues:
1. My PJ shuts down VERy quickly when there is no signal detected (like a matter of seconds). Furthermore, if I switch inputs on the PJ it also shuts down. Lastly, if my source changes resolution then the PJ shuts down too. Can anyone point me in the right direction in this regard?

2. my PJ doesnt receive infrared signals anymore. I've tried with the standard remote and even also bought a new universal remote, that doesnt work either (yes, I've programmed it, etc).

Does anyone have any experience / ideas what I can take a look at too have fixed please? I love this PJ and really want it rocking again....
post #3544 of 3547 Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Maybe there are still some others who have this projector, but I think not many.
Quite a few people have jumped ship to "something better" over time, but maybe those still subscribed to this thread can also input any advice.

I still utilize my Optoma HD80 almost daily, and have never experienced the issues you describe. Based on your issues, I would ask if you have cleaned the unit regularly or tried to ascertain whether dust is a contributing factor in heat production? That might be my first thought, although it's a bit odd that it only happens upon source switching/no signal. Secondly, I might think it has to do with the electronics - something in the source switching mechanism. This might also be the issue with the remote (electronics).

You might also check out the service manual located here in post 3539: *Official* Optoma HD80 thread
post #3545 of 3547 Old 10-08-2014, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Enigma_2k4: Check your bulb (number of hours) replacement maybe needed and system maybe overheating due to dust.
post #3546 of 3547 Old 10-11-2014, 10:51 PM

Liked: 0
I am a total newbie. I have had an optoma hd80 for a few years. changed the bulb twice. This is my third bulb and after only 50 hours the screen is giving me the purple tint. I have not cleaned it out yet. I have gone through the factory menus and done the spoke wheel test etc...

The regular menu display looks ok, it is white/black/blue icons. It is just the picture/video/or source that is all tinted purple. I have checked all my hdmi cable on other tvs and it works fine.

I would just like to try to upgrade the firmware on my system first before trying to open and clean it.

Let me know if anyone still has the newest firmware for HD80. It would be most appreciated.

You can send it to this email address. rudy at thekidworkshop.com

Thank you in advance!!!
post #3547 of 3547 Old 10-13-2014, 01:25 AM

@jenielsen
Thanks for the service manual link, I have printed it out and will take a read thru and see if there is any pertinent info.

@tanman
Thats a very good point. I've never cleaned it so I think I will give that a go tomorrow (we have a public holiday then). Esoecially now that I have the service manual. However, as the issues is coming up immediately from when the machine is cold I doubt its a heat issue.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma , Optoma Projectors , Optoma Hd80 1080p Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page