EpSon HD projector... should i make the switch..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-16-2007, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi im new to this forum and am makin the switch to a projectors from my 27'' inch westinghouse tv to a epson projector. I am not entireley sure what model it is but it seemed relitively new and in good condition. He said that it has about a 2000 average life span for a bulb. Hes is selling it to me for 250 bucks. It is a Buy, Trade and Sell store so it is slightly used. I tried it out and it looked great. I was just curious if a bulb is cheap and easy to install. O and the projecter is HD ready with a VGA input. I also was sondering if i needed a screen right off the bat. I was gonna wait to get one and just use a White sheet for now. ( let me know if there is sumthing around the house that would be better please) I was just wondering if i should make the switch. I play alot of games halo mostly and wanna be ready for halo 3 so just trying to get a better set up. I dont have the best surround setup. Just a 5.1 Insignia system i will upgrade later But for 250 would this be a good deal for a HD projector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2007, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You should definitely find out the model of the projector you are purchasing. Are you sure it has a native HD resolution.

Bulbs are NOT cheap...they will probably run as much if not more then you are paying for the projector itself. (around $300) --- because I dont know the model of the projector....I can't find a definite answer....but they aren't cheap....I can tell you that!

A white wall will work fine temporarily. (especially considering you don't have much change)

Without anymore information...not much else to say.

Edit: It's probably not a true hd projector....it will just accept the signal and scale it down....that's my opinion from the looks of it.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page