Forum Jump: 

post #3121 of 3128 Old 09-04-2014, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjo View Post
...Changing the lamp is an obvious and easy process is it? I still have the manual, so I hope it explains what to do in there.
Here's some clown trying to show how to change a lamp...although the internal screw he undoes is obviously a closely guarded secret!
Like the dude in the comments says - it'd be better to have a vid of how to fit a bare bulb into an old casing as that's a very cheap option, and I doubt the casing needs replacing (?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3128 Old 09-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I developed at problem with My Pt Ax200u. It has been working flawlessly for years. There is 1100 hours on the bulb. I don't have any issues with a dimming bulb or flickering. I have had no warnings to replace the bulb either. The other day when I turned it on it stayed on for about 2 minutes and then the bulb went off and it went into standby mode. Yellow/orange light at the top and the fan is still running. It stays in standby mode for a few more minutes and then turns off, no fan and a red light at the top. The remote control and the buttons on the projector does nothing during this process. You have to unplug it and plug it back in to turn it back on. I have been successful twice last week turing it on and it stays on as if nothing is wrong.

I've read about a sticky iris problem on the 100u that sounds similar to my problem but nothing on the Ax200u. It looks like a easy fix with some WD-40 and a q-tip on the 100u. I opened up the lamp door on the 200U and of course it's different inside. I can't see the iris mechanism at all. Maybe I have to take the whole bottom of the projector apart?

Just seeing if anyone else has this problem. Do you think a new bulb will make any difference? I hate to spend money on a bulb if the projector is broken.
post #3123 of 3128 Old 09-12-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryepow View Post
I developed at problem with My Pt Ax200u. It has been working flawlessly for years. There is 1100 hours on the bulb. I don't have any issues with a dimming bulb or flickering. I have had no warnings to replace the bulb either. The other day when I turned it on it stayed on for about 2 minutes and then the bulb went off and it went into standby mode. Yellow/orange light at the top and the fan is still running. It stays in standby mode for a few more minutes and then turns off, no fan and a red light at the top. The remote control and the buttons on the projector does nothing during this process. You have to unplug it and plug it back in to turn it back on. I have been successful twice last week turing it on and it stays on as if nothing is wrong.

I've read about a sticky iris problem on the 100u that sounds similar to my problem but nothing on the Ax200u. It looks like a easy fix with some WD-40 and a q-tip on the 100u. I opened up the lamp door on the 200U and of course it's different inside. I can't see the iris mechanism at all. Maybe I have to take the whole bottom of the projector apart?

Just seeing if anyone else has this problem. Do you think a new bulb will make any difference? I hate to spend money on a bulb if the projector is broken.
Wouldn't have thought it was a bulb problem. I've had mine stuck in orange flashing light mode just a few times from 3600hrs, but I don't think the orange light ever went out with the red light replacing it (the fan did turn off though), I had to switch it off with the switch at the back (I wouldn't have thought unplugging it would make a difference).
I've only been stuck in orange mode after I'd cooked the thing for many hours and turned it off myself (it never auto-powers off) and then tried to turn it back on whilst it was still hot and it only would go to orange mode.

In the options try turning SLEEP mode to OFF, maybe it's become tired...Other than that, I have no ideas as I know nothing about the things.
You could try my settings (which work best for me):
Picture:
Picture Mode>Normal;
Dynamic Iris>Off;
Light Harmonizer>Off;
Option:
Auto Search>On;
HDMI Signal Level>Expand;
Installation>Front/Desk;
Sleep>Off;
Altitude>Low;
Lamp Power>Eco-Mode

...I like Eco-Mode - rumoured to cause lamp flicker, but mine lasted about 2600hrs and I then reset the lamp runtime and finally just changed it after 3600hrs (the new lamp now seems too bright! And has exposed that a black screen has a slightly green tint). Maybe you live at high altitude and could change from Low (louder fan?)?...It's probably just a fault though.
...I've seen a newish one of these sell on EBay for £400 with a spare new bulb and not long on the original one - I wanted to buy it twice.
My biggest fault is the high-pitched (which some older people, 50+, can't hear) bulb filament (?) tinkling noise I get when my room/projector gets hot. The tinkling gets less as the bulb gets old and used to my 12hr solid gaming sessions (I don't use Game Mode, it's just a poorer image gimmick), so my new bulb is constantly tinkling/hissing after 30 minutes as my small bedroom soon heats up. Unfortunately, I'm too scared of spiders to open the window!
//\;;/\\

Last edited by Superjo; 09-12-2014 at 02:19 PM.
post #3124 of 3128 Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I recently had to replace the blue polarizer plate of my panasonic projector. Almost everything went smoothly as far as I can tell, but when I removed the mainboard’s wiring to access the polarizer plates, one of the plastic cases broke off (see picture below).

I thought that this wouldn’t be much of a problem, unfortunately though, I didn’t have any idea where the blue and red wire would go exactly. There are three possible options and watching this video (watch?v=FkXzmagj9Co#t=302 ... on youtube, unfortunately I haven't posted enough yet to include links in my posts), I would guess red top, blue bottom with the middle slot unoccupied.

I have tried this, with no luck and the projector doesn’t turn on anymore at all. I can hear a sort of static sound, so I think electricity should be fine.
Do you know exactly how the red and blue wires in the picture below are supposed to connect to the mainboard?

Also, might there be anything else I am missing? Since the projector doesn’t turn on at all, I am not sure whether these wires are my only problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140917_071257.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	268138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140917_071304.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	268146  
post #3125 of 3128 Old 09-18-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb83 View Post
I recently had to replace the blue polarizer plate of my panasonic projector. Almost everything went smoothly as far as I can tell, but when I removed the mainboard’s wiring to access the polarizer plates, one of the plastic cases broke off (see picture below).

I thought that this wouldn’t be much of a problem, unfortunately though, I didn’t have any idea where the blue and red wire would go exactly. There are three possible options and watching this video (watch?v=FkXzmagj9Co#t=302 ... on youtube, unfortunately I haven't posted enough yet to include links in my posts), I would guess red top, blue bottom with the middle slot unoccupied.

I have tried this, with no luck and the projector doesn’t turn on anymore at all. I can hear a sort of static sound, so I think electricity should be fine.
Do you know exactly how the red and blue wires in the picture below are supposed to connect to the mainboard?

Also, might there be anything else I am missing? Since the projector doesn’t turn on at all, I am not sure whether these wires are my only problem.
I'm assuming you have the service manual for the AX-200. It's easily found on the internet.

The part you broke off the A-P.C.Board is the 3P connector - A10 - Part number: K1KA03BA0086.

I have seen the YouTube video and a screen capture gives me a different impression of the wire order, but the capture is poor resolution.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	268394  

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3126 of 3128 Old 09-19-2014, 04:16 AM

Yes, I have seen the service manual, although I have to admit that I am far from really understanding any of the circuit diagrams properly. In any case, since I only broke of the plastic around the wires, with no visible damage to either the A-P.C.Board or the wires, I figured that I could just reconnect them. My idea was to just solder them to the board once I figured their configuration.

Would that not work? Do I really need to get the replacement part for this to work properly again? Its not that this is too expensive or anything, but since the projector is not working at all at the moment, I am wondering whether some plastic around the exposed wires would make any difference at all.

Also, is there anything that I could break by just trying trying different configurations for the wires?
post #3127 of 3128 Old 09-19-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb83 View Post
Yes, I have seen the service manual, although I have to admit that I am far from really understanding any of the circuit diagrams properly. In any case, since I only broke of the plastic around the wires, with no visible damage to either the A-P.C.Board or the wires, I figured that I could just reconnect them. My idea was to just solder them to the board once I figured their configuration.

Would that not work? Do I really need to get the replacement part for this to work properly again? Its not that this is too expensive or anything, but since the projector is not working at all at the moment, I am wondering whether some plastic around the exposed wires would make any difference at all.

Also, is there anything that I could break by just trying trying different configurations for the wires?
I don't own the AX-200 nor am I an electronics expert. The AX-200 is an older projector model and if you wish to make your own repairs by soldering the wires in place I don't see a problem, you're well beyond the warranty period. You can always use liquid electrical tape to cover the solder points.

Another screen capture from a different angle shows (at least to me) that the blue wire is the farthest up (north) connection and the red wire farthest down (south) in relation to the connector.

The A10 schematic shows the connections, the middle position has no wire.

Disclaimer: I feel obliged to add that I can't take responsibility for any damages that may occur from the help I'm providing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	269329   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	269337   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter-drive.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	269345  

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Last edited by Mr.G; 09-19-2014 at 10:50 AM.
post #3128 of 3128 Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I am aware that this could damage my projector, but as you said, its a very old model and at this stage, i might as well try fixing it myself. Sending it in for any sort of repair would be very uneconomical hence i dont see a way around giving this a shot.

if anyone does happen to have a picture of the apc board, that would be very helpful. Otherwise I will just try some configurations over the weekend and hope for the best.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ax200u 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - Ax200u by PriceGrabber.com