Official AX-200 Owners Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
ed_robyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is the "softness" that everyone keeps mentioning when you look at a straight line or lettering close up and you see a little softness around the edges instead of real crisp straight lines with a defined edge?
ed_robyn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewed View Post

This may be the first time I've agreed with Budda but he's right.

Olive green screen? Oh my god! At least slap some Kilz on the wall to give the PJ a chance.

But I did get the irs bug, Budda. Bummer.

You talkin' to me?





If you were talking to me, I wasn't actually complaining about the colour (yet).

My Carada screen fabric swatches are coming this week...
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Senior Member
 
susu2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is it now much better than the ax100?
susu2k is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,683
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Has anyone used a calibration disk with this projector. I see many general statements about whites, yellows and other things but I have seen noting about using a calibaration disk or the type of screen one is using. I wonder if people are blaming the projector for other issues they are having? I would suggest DVE or the Get Grey disk. If you don't have one of these try the THX optomizer on Star Wars or other disks for a quick check.

More advanced users might want to get the Get Grey disk. Check out the calibration section on this fourm.
rwestley is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:24 AM
 
buddahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

Has anyone used a calibration disk with this projector. I see many general statements about whites, yellows and other things but I have seen noting about using a calibaration disk or the type of screen one is using. I wonder if people are blaming the projector for other issues they are having? I would suggest DVE or the Get Grey disk. If you don't have one of these try the THX optomizer on Star Wars or other disks for a quick check.

More advanced users might want to get the Get Grey disk. Check out the calibration section on this fourm.

Your so right,All these complaints are from people that have never calibrated their fp.And are watching hdtv NFL football or something of that level on a wall ,The difference between CBS FOX AND NBC NFL HDTV is amazing.You can't use that to adjust colors.Get a good calibration disk or hire a ISF to see what your fp can do.
buddahead is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SbWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: War Eagle,Oklahoma
Posts: 3,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by susu2k View Post

is it now much better than the ax100?

only time will tell..the 100 was `great' for 2 months(based on posts here) or so then came the complain avalanche followed by Panasonic stabbing the owner's in the back repeatedly on the warranty.
SbWillie is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Member
 
fillydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep I'm sitting tight for a couple month's to see how the quality level shakes out. I am comming from a panny 300U and it has been extremely reliable. The only issues I have with it is the peakaboo scan lines that can be tweaked out once up to temp and the pretty low contrast ratio. The lack of resolution doesn't even bother me. It isn't even 720P, a lowly 540... (1/4 HD)

You know what the sad thing is. For the past 6-8 months I have been eyeing the Epsons as they have been pretty reliable durring the AX100's quality snafus, and I am so tempted to stay with it for the simple fact it is a more sexy looking projector with its round curves vs Panny's square box shape. I know that isn't the way to buy a projector, but buying it sight unseen and just going by everyone's reviews, it seems like they are pretty compareable picture wise, why not go with the "better looking" one

Truth be told, providing the quality level holds up, I am going to go w/ the panny, for one reason and one reason only. Video scaling for constant height. Wish all manufacurers would include this. Sounds like it would be something relatively easy to include.

My Home Theater Build
The Dog House
fillydee is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tweakophyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 3,361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flooper View Post

I've got an Epsond 400 and the AX200 and had an infocus SP4805 for a long time. I am pretty amazed by the quality of the AX200 picture...the SmoothScreen is pretty remarkable...the picture to me is sharp, yet has no screen door at all. Colors on the AX200 seems very nice...don't see the white blooming or the yellow push. Sharpness is excellent, at least to my eyes. I think my Epson 400 throws an excellent picture, but the AX200 beats it...seems to have more contrast, more vibrant colors, no screen door and a sharper picture overall. Both are about the same in terms of brightness, but the Panny seems to be able to go to brightest mode and still keep colors half decent. The AX200 is far, far beyond my SP4805...to my eyes, it beats it in every category...contrast, sharpness, detail, blacks...and of course brightness.

Thing that surprised me most about the Panny? The black levels...excellent in my opinion...never thought I'd see such nice blacks from LCD. My room...dark walls, white ceiling, very light controlled. But the AX200 looks really good even with my patio door drapes open...patio door is 21 feet directly back from screen...so lets in a lot of light. On Sunday, I watched HD football with drapes open the whole afternoon. Of course, when it got dark out, the picture was even more fantastic. This is one hell of a pj for the price. I am just blow away by how good projectors have gotten. I am VERY happy with both my Epson and the AX200, but would choose the AX200 over the Epson...even at the extra $500 price difference.

Is the AX200 really brighter than the infocus 4805? How controlled is your light? Did you do any sort of calibration?

I have a 4805 and love it, and want to hear more comparisons.

Thanks,
Tweakophyte is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
NickTF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My coments are based on use with 50' cables from Dcables that don't work properly so take them with a grain of salt.

Something I noticed last night and have been noticing is that the projector seems "washed out" sometimes during scenes in the sunlight on movies. I think i've narrowed down what i'm actually seeing though and it's not the projector washing out. It's actually the film's presentation of a sunny scene, I just don't think i've noticed it with the smaller t.v.s that i'm used to watching. I've also notice reflections off acters' and actresses' shirts/clothes that i've not seen before in scenes like club seens, being around water, etc. Totally awseome!

Because of the issues with my HDMI cables i'm only able to watch DVDs at this point because the DVD player is capable of getting a signal through the crappy cables but the comcast box is not. I watched Rambo III last night and noticed that during the desert scenes the image appeared to have less contrast but given the dust and sun etc. i'm guessing that's how it's supposed to appear.

As a 1st time projector owner i'm guessing that's what that is. Who knows. Still totally happy with my purchase thus far

The screen is a 106" Da-Lite HCMW Model C and the projector is 18-17' away with me 15-16' away from the screen.

p.s. I finally feel like the 4400 watts of surround is not overkill and matches perfectly with the screen size, ha!

29 Litres of Infinite Baffle Bliss. Oh, and the rest of the setup isn't too shabby either!
NickTF is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wrightstown, NJ
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

Is the AX200 really brighter than the infocus 4805? How controlled is your light? Did you do any sort of calibration?

I have a 4805 and love it, and want to hear more comparisons.

Thanks,


I too went from the 4805 to the AX200.

I hate to use such a strong saying but the truth is, it is almost day and night.

The AX200 is so much brighter and has such a crisp detailed picture that I would never want to go back to the 4805. Colors just seem to have more a pop (I don't see the oversaturation that some people are mentioning) and the sharpness is spot on.

I have calibrated my projector as well. It actually doesn't require much straight out of the box though.

I can have complete darkness at night and during the day I have windows on both sides of my room. Check out my pictures http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=430
Rahl is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tweakophyte,

Yes, the AX200 is a LOT brighter than my 4805. It's also better (to my eyes) in almost every other category...contrast, sharpness, screen door, color saturation...I even think it's better for black levels and shadow details. Overall, it's just a much better picture than the 4805...and I loved my 4805. I should point out, though, that I have mostly watched HDTV...not a lot of DVDs yet. So I can't really say how the two compare for standard DVDs. I setup all my projectors using AVIA. I agree with Rahl, now that I have an AX200, I would never want to go back to the 4805.
Flooper is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost View Post

Jdiehl,

In 99% of the applications your statement may be true, but not for lamp warranties. I'm not sure about the Mack warranties but in the posts I've read from Warrantech/Repair Master customers they aren't required to send back the blown/dim lamps. From my understanding you can call them and tell them your lamp went, then take the replacement and put it on a shelf. Therefore, even if your lamp lasts 3 years, you'll still be better off buying a lamp warranty. Heck, even if you plan to upgrade before your lamp blows you could sell the replacement lamps on Ebay for more than the price of the warranty, so you'll actually make money.

Here's a scenario: you buy an AX100 for $1300.00. You sell the AX100 with 1000 hours on the original lamp and 3 replacement lamps. You'd probably end up breaking even after using a beautiful PJ for 1000 hours.

I normally don't say anything about posts like this, but this really tick me off. It's called FRAUD. Have we so lost our morals and values that this kind of behaviour is now acceptable? What a bunch of crap. It's like anything goes anymore...as long as it's good for you!
Flooper is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
reconlabtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 4,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flooper View Post

I normally don't say anything about posts like this, but this really tick me off. It's called FRAUD. Have we so lost our morals and values that this kind of behaviour is now acceptable? What a bunch of crap. It's like anything goes anymore...as long as it's good for you!

Part of the problem is that the warranty company has left that option open for those who don't feel that it is wrong to do this.

Costco learned their lesson the hard way when they woke up and learned they were losing 10 million dollars a year in "upgrade" fraud.

The extended warranty companies will either learn their lesson soon and require the old lamp in return or they will learn too late and this kind of behavior will kill off the extended lamp warranty. Best Buy stopped including the lamp on their extended warranties until they could change their system for collecting the replaced lamps.
reconlabtech is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Newbie
 
aldine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
About the vertical banding on mine. I called the service department of the local dealership where I got mine. They were very helpful and exchanged the unit for me.
aldine is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech View Post

Part of the problem is that the warranty company has left that option open for those who don't feel that it is wrong to do this.

Costco learned their lesson the hard way when they woke up and learned they were losing 10 million dollars a year in "upgrade" fraud.

The extended warranty companies will either learn their lesson soon and require the old lamp in return or they will learn too late and this kind of behavior will kill off the extended lamp warranty. Best Buy stopped including the lamp on their extended warranties until they could change their system for collecting the replaced lamps.

I understand what you're saying about the Costco return policy. But I think it's different from the Warantech or Mack warranty situation. People who were taking advantage of the Costco warranty were at least following the Costco offer as it was officially stated. The offer itself said you could return it at ANY TIME, for ANY REASON if you were not satisfied. That was their official return policy, that Costco had established. So, this was not fraud.

The Warantech or Mack warranty is totally different. To do what the poster was talking about, you have to lie. You have to call Mack and tell them that your "bulb went" even though it's working fine. That's lying. That's fraud. That's wrong. Mack does not say they will send you a replacement lamp for any reason...they provide a warranty that replaces your bulb if it breaks. So there's a big difference between this and Costco. I'm sorry...it's just flat out wrong. People can rationalize it all they want...it's still wrong.
Flooper is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost View Post

Too bad you're completely wrong. One of the things considered in the warranty is a dimming of the image - your lamp doesn't need to "die". You're image dims, as it will after only a few hundred hours, you get a new lamp (if you want one). The old one still works, so now you have 2 lamps and have not committed fraud. Regardless of how you dress it up, anyone buying a PJ should purchase a lamp warranty unless they somehow know their lamp isn't going to die within 3 years.


Sorry, man. You can rationalize it any way you want...but when you're telling people they can call in to Warantech and " tell them your lamp went, then take the replacement and put it on a shelf." and then later in your post that they can sell it on eBay and make money...well, that's fraud. There is no gray area here. It's wrong. Period. If you don't see that, then nothing I say will get through to you anyway. And yes, I do think widespread attitudes like this (not you in particular) are a major problem for our society.

Also, "dimming" IS NOT covered under warranty. Here is the list of Exclusions from the Warrantech/Repair Master bulb warranty:

"This Plan does not cover any loss or damage resulting from: pre-existing conditions; manufacturing defects; improper installation of the covered LCD, LCoS, D-ILA or DLP lamp; failure to reset timer after bulb replacement; dimming; exploding lamps; usage beyond lifespan of lamp; installation of incorrect lamp; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; power surge or overload; any result of a malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer's recommended maintenance, such as cleaning filters;"
Flooper is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Member
 
Laredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ, USA
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have upgraded my home theater over the years with at least 5 different projectors always looking for the best picture for the lowest price. I have been using the Sanyo PLV-Z4 for the last year a very excellent projector.

I am ready to go to 1080P. However the 2000 Lumens the AX-2000 puts out is not available in any 1080P projectors under $5,000.00 I could find?

Got the PT-AX200U yesterday set it up with a 13' throw to a 100" Stewart Black Hawk screen via a DVDO VP-30 video processor last night. Right out of the box it was looking very good before any adjustments.

After tweaking the picture with Video Essentials and the bulb in Eco-Mode I can say right now I will have no trouble waiting for the next gen of 1080P models to get their lumens up and their prices down.

The picture is as good or better if not the best of any 720P projector I have ever seen period! The reviews of 5 stars in all categories was not a sales hype. This is the best bargain for a low price out at the moment.
Laredo is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Member
 
nymart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

I have upgraded my home theater over the years with at least 5 different projectors always looking for the best picture for the lowest price. I have been using the Sanyo PLV-Z4 for the last year a very excellent projector.

I am ready to go to 1080P. However the 2000 Lumens the AX-2000 puts out is not available in any 1080P projectors under $5,000.00 I could find?

Got the PT-AX200U yesterday set it up with a 13' throw to a 100" Stewart Black Hawk screen via a DVDO VP-30 video processor last night. Right out of the box it was looking very good before any adjustments.

After tweaking the picture with Video Essentials and the bulb in Eco-Mode I can say right now I will have no trouble waiting for the next gen of 1080P models to get their lumens up and their prices down.

The picture is as good or better if not the best of any 720P projector I have ever seen period! The reviews of 5 stars in all categories was not a sales hype. This is the best bargain for a low price out at the moment.

OK...you may have pushed me over the edge on the Panny now...going back and forth between that and the Sony....May I ask (hopefully without getting scolded) what the gain is on the Black Hawk? I searched the screen forum and the Stewart site but couldn't find anything.
nymart is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
 
Kysersose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,509
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Get back on topic please...

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Kysersose is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Member
 
Laredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ, USA
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The Gain on the 100" Stewart Black Hawk screen I have been using is 1.3 Cost new over $2,000.00
I have several friends that have made screens for less than $60.00 by sanding smooth and painting their living room walls. Their screens looked as good as mine. With 2000 Lumens you won't have a lot to worry about.
Laredo is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
JP
AVS Special Member
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 1,631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone happen to know any retailers that might have the AX200 in Houston, TX? Or are there any early adopters of the AX200 in Houston?
JP is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
eddiwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_robyn View Post

Is the "softness" that everyone keeps mentioning when you look at a straight line or lettering close up and you see a little softness around the edges instead of real crisp straight lines with a defined edge?

No. Graphics and what not are great. It's just that the overall "HD-Sharpness" is not as.... well, "sharp." Still VERY clearly HD and quite sharp in it's own right. Just not razor-like. I actually like it; seems very film-like to me.

"I was just speculatin' about a hypothesis. I know I don't know nothin'."
eddiwill is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
 
LilGator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

I have upgraded my home theater over the years with at least 5 different projectors always looking for the best picture for the lowest price. I have been using the Sanyo PLV-Z4 for the last year a very excellent projector.

I am ready to go to 1080P. However the 2000 Lumens the AX-2000 puts out is not available in any 1080P projectors under $5,000.00 I could find?

Got the PT-AX200U yesterday set it up with a 13' throw to a 100" Stewart Black Hawk screen via a DVDO VP-30 video processor last night. Right out of the box it was looking very good before any adjustments.

After tweaking the picture with Video Essentials and the bulb in Eco-Mode I can say right now I will have no trouble waiting for the next gen of 1080P models to get their lumens up and their prices down.

The picture is as good or better if not the best of any 720P projector I have ever seen period! The reviews of 5 stars in all categories was not a sales hype. This is the best bargain for a low price out at the moment.

Black level?
LilGator is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Member
 
Blaze440r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Woops, just made a thread concerning this projector

I am pretty set on purchasing this projector, my only concern is with closed captioning on broadcast tv (cable, etc.). Does this projector have any support for that?
Blaze440r is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze440r View Post

Woops, just made a thread concerning this projector

I am pretty set on purchasing this projector, my only concern is with closed captioning on broadcast tv (cable, etc.). Does this projector have any support for that?

AFAIK, no.

Why don't you just get a cable box with it?
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Member
 
Blaze440r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

AFAIK, no.

Why don't you just get a cable box with it?

I don't know what the cable box will have CC-capability wise as I have not yet gotten a hold of it and I am not originally from the area [have not moved into the home, yet], which is why I asked. I should be okay though, just would rather that the projector had the capacity but I can live without it if need be.

I was going to purchase a nice lcd/plasma for the living room...but I figured I will be watching tv mostly at night and that this solution would be cheaper and more appealing to my eyes, what do you think?
Blaze440r is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze440r View Post

I don't know what the cable box will have CC-capability wise as I have not yet gotten a hold of it and I am not originally from the area [have not moved into the home, yet], which is why I asked. I should be okay though, just would rather that the projector had the capacity but I can live without it if need be.

I was going to purchase a nice lcd/plasma for the living room...but I figured I will be watching tv mostly at night and that this solution would be cheaper and more appealing to my eyes, what do you think?

I think if it's going to be your primary TV in a multipurpose room like a living room that isn't well controlled for light, you'd be better off with a big plasma or LCD.

If you happen to have eyesight problems, then get a bigger TV and/or sit closer.
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
susu2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

only time will tell..the 100 was `great' for 2 months(based on posts here) or so then came the complain avalanche followed by Panasonic stabbing the owner's in the back repeatedly on the warranty.

yes but if you look only @ picture quality. its the same isn't it?



regards!!!
susu2k is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Add me to the list. Ordered today and paired it with a Carada 126" BW screen. Think the wife will notice the boxes from the FedEx guy?
Not to hijack the thread, but how easy will install be in a drop ceiling? Screen I can't imagine being too hard to mount, but the PJ has me wondering.

--JK
SeaNile is online now  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
OldSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Calgary,Ab
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flooper View Post

Tweakophyte,

Yes, the AX200 is a LOT brighter than my 4805. It's also better (to my eyes) in almost every other category...contrast, sharpness, screen door, color saturation...I even think it's better for black levels and shadow details. Overall, it's just a much better picture than the 4805...and I loved my 4805. I should point out, though, that I have mostly watched HDTV...not a lot of DVDs yet. So I can't really say how the two compare for standard DVDs. I setup all my projectors using AVIA. I agree with Rahl, now that I have an AX200, I would never want to go back to the 4805.

Were you able with the AVIA disc to see all three black bars during the "brightness" setting? With that Pluge thing going on I can't see the 3 bars....
OldSlow is offline  
 

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ax200u 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off