Official Panasonic AE2000 thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Member
 
goondog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help !!!

I was all set to go with an infocus IN82 now reading the reviews and posts i may have to flip to the lcd side.

My throw is about 19ft to a 133" wide 235 screen (smx). Prismasonic lens.

Does this thing have the light output over the infocusin82 to make the jump?

The infocus would force me into a headache with mounting and has a manual focus/shift.
I like the powered zoom and the mounting flexibility of the panny and most of all the price!
Ive seen DLPs before but not LCDs that have been setup well. Is there a huge difference here?
thanks for the info in advance.!!
goondog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
dan webster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: western mass.
Posts: 770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I just received my panny 2000 friday. I have owned 4 pjs before this one. My last one is an epson 810. I am not an expert by any means on what perfect color should look like or what the most accurate picture should look like. But all i can say is right ouit of the box this pj looks amazing. This is the first 1080p pj i have seen however.

Many here are wondering about brightness. I was also since my last pj the 810 is very bright. I like watching sports and such with some lights on( i have a completely light controlled theater in my basement ) Well the panny on normal mode in economy is plenty bright on my 104 matte white carada screen. very colose to the epson in one of its brighter modes. However the panny looks great with minor adjustments. The epson never looked nearly this good. The pj is about 12 feet back. This pj is as you all know in a completely different class than the inexpensive 720p units.

I could not be happier with this unit. It is whisper quiet in economy . I have it mounted right over my head and cant hear it . I love the black case since my ceilinjg is black. Hd dvds in 1080p /24 look soo smooth and clean and detailed. Black level is outstanding compared to my other pjs.

My wife who never notices any difference in picture quality watched the times square scene in King Kong and could not believe how great the almost 3d image looked. She liked it so much that she did not even ask me how much it costs.
I dont know how this pj compares to the other 1080p units but i am completely satisfied. It has surpassed all my expectations.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

dan webster is offline  
post #363 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Joe_Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsprance View Post

Unfortunately I am weeks away from unboxing this and setting it up, but wouldnt there be a way to adjust the brightest, dynamic mode to give truer colors and meeting a nice compromise?

I am a tad worried about my brightness output on a 102" screen from my 15' throw distance. Maybe its over-fretting something but it would be a major undertaking for me to re-locate the planned mount position at this point. It can be done but if I dont need to, it would be nice.

Am i over-fretting this?

You're looking at about 9fL in Cinema1/Color1 and 17fL in Normal modes on a 102" at that throw.
Joe_Black is offline  
post #364 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Joe_Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goondog View Post

Help !!!

I was all set to go with an infocus IN82 now reading the reviews and posts i may have to flip to the lcd side.

My throw is about 19ft to a 133" wide 235 screen (smx). Prismasonic lens.

Does this thing have the light output over the infocusin82 to make the jump?

The infocus would force me into a headache with mounting and has a manual focus/shift.
I like the powered zoom and the mounting flexibility of the panny and most of all the price!
Ive seen DLPs before but not LCDs that have been setup well. Is there a huge difference here?
thanks for the info in advance.!!

In your case for a 19ft throw on a 133"W scope on an 1.1 smx the IN82 is an excellent choice. This is a very bright projector which pumps out between 900 to 1500 calibrated lumens. Stick with it.
Joe_Black is offline  
post #365 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Member
 
][udson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My fears are becoming confirmed. I don't think this PJ is bright enough for my tastes. I'm in a totally dark basement, but I would throw from about 13ft and I want a 120" screen. Perhaps I will get the AX200 as cheap as it is and wait it 1080 out a couple of generations.
][udson is offline  
post #366 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
 
Lee Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Black View Post

Hi Fadi
Here's some nbrs for your 119" 1.0 gain matte white.

Throw range on AE2000 for 119" = 11.9' to 23.6'

Cinema1 (eco) = 350lum @11.9' to 215lum@23.6'
350min throw -215max throw=135/12range = 11.25 lumens/ft distance away from screen.

12ft throw = 350/41.88=8.35fL
14ft throw = (350-22.5)/41.88=7.82fL

8.35 fL is very low and will be dim.
You want a minimum result of at least 12fL.

You'll need a min +1.6gain, preferably a +2 to +2.5 gain for lamp aging.
8.35fL * 1.6 = 13.36fL
8.35fL * 2.5= 20.85fL

How do you find that out? What would I get with a 109" 1.3 gain Ceiling mounter 12.2 feet away?
Alos does anyone have a clue to any retail stores having this? I want it TODAY!!! and am in Boston.
Lee Weber is offline  
post #367 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pottscb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

My ae2000 just arrived from Fedx,I just got back from walmart and got a HD-A2 for $98
And the fedx truck was pulling up.Great timing.I will post later on.I will be using my HD-A1 to the ae2000 to Carada 110in br screen.

Man my Wal-Mart only has the A20 for $298...maybe they just ran out of A2s?
pottscb is offline  
post #368 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Joe_Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by W3bbY View Post

How do you find that out? What would I get with a 109" 1.3 gain Ceiling mounter 12.2 feet away?
Alos does anyone have a clue to ant reatal stors haiving this? I want it TODAY!!! and am in Boston.

For your setup on a 109" at 12.2ft
Cinema1/Color1 = 9fL *1.3gain = 11.7fL
Normal = 18fL *1.3 gain = 23fL

looks good
Joe_Black is offline  
post #369 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HoustonHoyaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ][udson View Post

My fears are becoming confirmed. I don't think this PJ is bright enough for my tastes. I'm in a totally dark basement, but I would throw from about 13ft and I want a 120" screen. Perhaps I will get the AX200 as cheap as it is and wait it 1080 out a couple of generations.

If you can live with Normal mode, the 2000 should be bright enough.
HoustonHoyaFan is offline  
post #370 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsprance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

which way are you worried?..?

with 1.0 gain screen you get 17fL
with 1.3 gain screen you get 22fL

Are these numbers good? I'm a little retarded and dont know what that means.
It will be a carada brilliant white which is speced at 1.4 gain
rsprance is offline  
post #371 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GrantMeThePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles Area
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Really quickly, if i may, I'd like to chime in on the "color" issue.

AVSforums have gotten more and more popular as people find out about what an amazing resource it is. As prices drop and HD becomes more accessible, the numbers of people wanting to get involved in this crazy hobby of ours increases.

That being said, one of the reasons avs exists is becuase it is a place where experts and laymen can come together and discuss the finer points of Audio Visual Sciences.

The goal for a long time on these forums was to find out how to get the most "accurate" images and sounds from their equipment. That is why you will see people obsessing over what units do the best jobs at decoding different sound sources, and why people obsess over color.

It used to be (and seems like less so now) that most people here would pay 300-600 dollars to have an ISF calibrator come to their home and spend hours working on their displays to get them to perform as close to "accurate" as possible.

The goal was to have this "televisions" show exactly what the directors intended.

Now, especially with this panasonic unit which is A) cheap enough and accessible enough to many people and B) accuratly calibrated OUT OF THE BOX on color 1 mode, those people who are looking for that accuracy are very happy. Most of the people on this site used to settle for nothing less and pages and pages on this forum were devoted to achieving those goals.

That being said, after an ISF calibrator worked on the sets, they often had reduced light output, lowered blacks, and overall less "pop"

One of the reasons for that was that our televisions are capable of more color and more range than the film sources and movie theaters are. So much of that is toned down.

Furthermore, some people don't care as much about the "accuracy" of the image. Perhaps they are less interested in films and the shots and moods that the directors intended and are more interested in say, television, sports, gaming, or an accessible and enjoyable vieiwing for their friends and families, perhaps even with some ambient light (which was a complete no no for a long time).

There is no RIGHT answer. People saying Color 1 and ONLY color 1 should be used, really are not being fair. If you want to see movies EXACTLY as the directors intended, and that is your primary goal, then they are corrrect. Use color 1.

If, on the other hand, accuracy is less important than enjoying a bright, more saturated image, especially on sources other than films, by all means, enjoy the other settings and tweak them to your hearts content. That is why they give us all of those options.

I think its a wonderful thing that we are even able to purchase a unit that has perfect color and calibration for movies out of the box, but then with nothiing more than changing the preset setting, are able to boost light and color for watching football or playing games.

you dont have to choose one setting and keep it there!

Thats my two cents and i hope it wasn't insulting to anyone or too much of a repetition of whats already been stated, but if it was insightful to even one person, i'm glad to have posted it.

Be well and enjoy!!! Its a fun hobby, no?
GrantMeThePower is offline  
post #372 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 3,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsprance View Post

Are these numbers good? I'm a little retarded and dont know what that means.
It will be a carada brilliant white which is speced at 1.4 gain

Basically, on a screen with a gain of 1.4 you would have a significantly brighter image than a movie theater...at least while the bulb is new.

The foot-lambert is still used in the motion picture industry for the luminance of images on a projection screen. The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) recommends a light output of 16 foot-lamberts for commercial movie theaters with no film in the projector.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-lambert
broadwayblue is offline  
post #373 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsprance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

Basically, on a screen with a gain of 1.4 you would have a significantly brighter image than a movie theater...at least while the bulb is new.

The foot-lambert is still used in the motion picture industry for the luminance of images on a projection screen. The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) recommends a light output of 16 foot-lamberts for commercial movie theaters with no film in the projector.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-lambert

Thats helps a bunch! thanks
rsprance is offline  
post #374 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 3,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower View Post

Really quickly, if i may, I'd like to chime in on the "color" issue.

AVSforums have gotten more and more popular as people find out about what an amazing resource it is. As prices drop and HD becomes more accessible, the numbers of people wanting to get involved in this crazy hobby of ours increases.

That being said, one of the reasons avs exists is becuase it is a place where experts and laymen can come together and discuss the finer points of Audio Visual Sciences.

The goal for a long time on these forums was to find out how to get the most "accurate" images and sounds from their equipment. That is why you will see people obsessing over what units do the best jobs at decoding different sound sources, and why people obsess over color.

It used to be (and seems like less so now) that most people here would pay 300-600 dollars to have an ISF calibrator come to their home and spend hours working on their displays to get them to perform as close to "accurate" as possible.

The goal was to have this "televisions" show exactly what the directors intended.

Now, especially with this panasonic unit which is A) cheap enough and accessible enough to many people and B) accuratly calibrated OUT OF THE BOX on color 1 mode, those people who are looking for that accuracy are very happy. Most of the people on this site used to settle for nothing less and pages and pages on this forum were devoted to achieving those goals.

That being said, after an ISF calibrator worked on the sets, they often had reduced light output, lowered blacks, and overall less "pop"

One of the reasons for that was that our televisions are capable of more color and more range than the film sources and movie theaters are. So much of that is toned down.

Furthermore, some people don't care as much about the "accuracy" of the image. Perhaps they are less interested in films and the shots and moods that the directors intended and are more interested in say, television, sports, gaming, or an accessible and enjoyable vieiwing for their friends and families, perhaps even with some ambient light (which was a complete no no for a long time).

There is no RIGHT answer. People saying Color 1 and ONLY color 1 should be used, really are not being fair. If you want to see movies EXACTLY as the directors intended, and that is your primary goal, then they are corrrect. Use color 1.

If, on the other hand, accuracy is less important than enjoying a bright, more saturated image, especially on sources other than films, by all means, enjoy the other settings and tweak them to your hearts content. That is why they give us all of those options.

I think its a wonderful thing that we are even able to purchase a unit that has perfect color and calibration for movies out of the box, but then with nothiing more than changing the preset setting, are able to boost light and color for watching football or playing games.

you dont have to choose one setting and keep it there!

Thats my two cents and i hope it wasn't insulting to anyone or too much of a repetition of whats already been stated, but if it was insightful to even one person, i'm glad to have posted it.

Be well and enjoy!!! Its a fun hobby, no?

I think you are 100% right. I'd bet that at least 99% of the people out there don't care about whether the "accuracy" of the image is exactly the way the director intended it. They care about whether the picture looks "good." They want the picture to be bright, punchy and sharp. Most would gladly trade a few points of color accuracy for extra brightness. That said, my guess is that the average owner of the 2000 will go for Normal over Cinema.
broadwayblue is offline  
post #375 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GrantMeThePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles Area
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

Basically, on a screen with a gain of 1.4 you would have a significantly brighter image than a movie theater...at least while the bulb is new.

The foot-lambert is still used in the motion picture industry for the luminance of images on a projection screen. The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) recommends a light output of 16 foot-lamberts for commercial movie theaters with no film in the projector.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-lambert

Actually, that is very interesting that it is measured without film in the light path. I wonder how much darker it is with film? I'd guess not too much, but it would have to be darker to some degree, right?
GrantMeThePower is offline  
post #376 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
csundbom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

I think you are 100% right. I'd bet that at least 99% of the people out there don't care about whether the "accuracy" of the image is exactly the way the director intended it. They care about whether the picture looks "good." They want the picture to be bright, punchy and sharp. Most would gladly trade a few points of color accuracy for extra brightness. That said, my guess is that the average owner of the 2000 will go for Normal over Cinema.

It's a matter of eduction. People learn to appreciate film accuracy the same way they learn to appreciate food, wine, opera, design, books and art. Most of us start out with the loudness button pressed on our amplifier, eating McD and drinking Coke, but some of us want more. It's about information transfer, and if you distort the information you will lose some of the meaning.

"Normal" will look initially better to most people, just like most people prefer salty food. It's the old "moths to a flame" principle and it's built into our systems by evolution.

That said, there is a video standard. It's defined and measurable (not like with audio). It's up to you if you want to follow it or not.

I've written a large post regarding this earlier, if the subject interests you:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...60#post9303660

Carl Sundbom
New York Video Calibration
(646) 483-2419
http://www.ny-calibration.com
csundbom is offline  
post #377 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GrantMeThePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles Area
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by csundbom View Post

It's a matter of eduction. People learn to appreciate film accuracy the same way they learn to appreciate food, wine, opera, design, books and art. Most of us start out with the loudness button pressed on our amplifier, eating McD and drinking Coke, but some of us want more. It's about information transfer, and if you distort the information you will lose some of the meaning.

"Normal" will look initially better to most people, just like most people prefer salty food. It's the old "moths to a flame" principle and it's built into our systems by evolution.

That said, there is a video standard. It's defined and measurable (not like with audio). It's up to you if you want to follow it or not.

I've written a large post regarding this earlier, if the subject interests you:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...60#post9303660

I hadn't seen your post before. Thanks for the link!
GrantMeThePower is offline  
post #378 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Member
 
Andy n la's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
guys i have a question i am looking to get the panny i am dog tired from reading so much info, my question is i have been looking at the carada screens i want at least a 106 which according to the web site means i need to get a 118 diag screen am i a reading that right?also any recomendations for the gain and finish would be appreciated, we enjoy watching football and hd broadcast shows almost as much as we enjoy movies. so what screen will give me enough brightness for both ?
Andy n la is offline  
post #379 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GrantMeThePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles Area
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy n la View Post

guys i have a question i am looking to get the panny i am dog tired from reading so much info, my question is i have been looking at the carada screens i want at least a 106 which according to the web site means i need to get a 118 diag screen am i a reading that right?also any recomendations for the gain and finish would be appreciated, we enjoy watching football and hd broadcast shows almost as much as we enjoy movies. so what screen will give me enough brightness for both ?

When you see screen sizes, people are usually referring to the diagonal length.

Are you looking for a 106" screen, or a 106" WIDE screen?
GrantMeThePower is offline  
post #380 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
Kenrosencpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Alamo, CA
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy n la View Post

guys i have a question i am looking to get the panny i am dog tired from reading so much info, my question is i have been looking at the carada screens i want at least a 106 which according to the web site means i need to get a 118 diag screen am i a reading that right?also any recomendations for the gain and finish would be appreciated, we enjoy watching football and hd broadcast shows almost as much as we enjoy movies. so what screen will give me enough brightness for both ?

118" 16:9 is 103" wide is that what you want? Also how far back are you going to mount the projector
Kenrosencpa is offline  
post #381 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Member
 
Andy n la's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am looking to get a 106 wide picture not total screen size, you tell me how far i need to mount the projector back i can go as far back or as far foward as i need, however most of the seats will be 23ft back the room is 15 ft wide by 26 ft long. thanks. i see 118 = 103 thats fine too next size up is 109 and i think that would start to get to big for the panny ??? hey grant i like your name please grant me the power to make a decsion.....
Andy n la is offline  
post #382 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pottscb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzeno View Post

Well, for what its worth, this is my first setup...

I am throwing 12 ft to a 1.8 gain gray screen @ 120in w/ the AE2000. In complete darkness there is more than enough light to this screen in any mode IMHO. I run in ECO mode too. If I run in Dynamic or Normal, some ambient light is OK. But not so much in Cinema or Color modes.

With that said though, my current disappointment in my screen is the viewing angles, which is the trade off for a brighter screen. Left to right of center is not bad on my screen, but top to bottom is a little worse - screen gets brighter if I move higher from my seating area.

So, I might be a little skeptical of negitive gain here... But, like I said, I really don't know, because I would love to magically see a regular matte white 1 gain screen for comparison purposes in my room.


Enzeno,
I was wondering who makes your 1.8 gain grey screen...I recently saw a Stewart Firehawk which is grey 1.3 and it was really spectacular but waaaay out of my price range (and more than this projector!), I wonder why less expensive companies don't come out with these as they offer the best of both worlds. If I could find the Sony Dynaclear in anything bigger than 80" I'd probably use that for daytime viewing. Just curious which company made yours?

Thanks,

Cory
pottscb is offline  
post #383 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
 
Lee Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Black View Post

For your setup on a 109" at 12.2ft
Cinema1/Color1 = 9fL *1.3gain = 11.7fL
Normal = 18fL *1.3 gain = 23fL

looks good


Thanks
Lee Weber is offline  
post #384 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
Kenrosencpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Alamo, CA
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy n la View Post

i am looking to get a 106 wide picture not total screen size, you tell me how far i need to mount the projector back i can go as far back or as far foward as i need, however most of the seats will be 23ft back the room is 15 ft wide by 26 ft long. thanks. i see 118 = 103 thats fine too next size up is 109 and i think that would start to get to big for the panny ??? hey grant i like your name please grant me the power to make a decsion.....

Andy with a Carada screen that size definitely go with the 1.4x bright screen. With the Carada you will probably want to mount the projector fairly close to the screen for the max light, 12 to 14 feet should be ok. Your mount range is about 12 to 23 feet.
Kenrosencpa is offline  
post #385 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Member
 
Andy n la's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks very much ken
Andy n la is offline  
post #386 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Andy n la's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
could i go 109 or would that be pushin it ?
Andy n la is offline  
post #387 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HoustonHoyaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower View Post

...One of the reasons for that was that our televisions are capable of more color and more range than the film sources and movie theaters are. So much of that is toned down...

This is incorrect, it is the other way around.
HoustonHoyaFan is offline  
post #388 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
SteveCoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just thought I'd throw in here that I have an AE1000 which is only about 75% as bright as the AE2000 (based on the PC review) and I have a 110" Carada BW screen. I am projecting from 15'4" away and I normally watch movies in Cinema 1 and HDTV in Color 1.

The PJ is plenty bright for me. I have a light controlled room, but even with the lights turned up you can still see a decent picture on the screen, and if you use "normal" or "dynamic" it is really bright.

So if you get an AE2000 your picture will be even brighter.

I think some people are freaking out too much about the light output of the PJ.

Please keep in mind that a PJ is not a "TV" so it wil not have the same amount of light radiating from the screen.

It is really designed for a light-controlled environment.
SteveCoug is offline  
post #389 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HoustonHoyaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrosencpa View Post

...With the Carada you will probably want to mount the projector fairly close to the screen for the max light...

With the high zoom range lens in the 2000, the opposite is true. For a given screen size, mounting closer to the screen gives (min throw) you higher CR but lower light output. Mounting at the far end of the range (max throw), gives higher light but lower CR!
HoustonHoyaFan is offline  
post #390 of 3926 Old 11-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Kenrosencpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Alamo, CA
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy n la View Post

could i go 109 or would that be pushin it ?

If you are talking about the 126" diag it can be done but you might want to get a higher gain screen. It really depends on what mode you want to run the projector in. If you want to view in the dimmer Color or Cinema modes for better color I wouldn't go above the 118" screen with that gain.

118" in a 15 foot wide room is plenty large. Don't you need room on the sides for speakers?
Kenrosencpa is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Ce

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off