Pan AE700 using Xbox 360 as DVD player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-22-2007, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using the 360 as our DVD player (conneted via component so no upconversion) on our Panasonic AE700. I'm pleased enough, but getting pickier the longer I look at it: I want to have the Xbox set to 720p so there's no scaling back and forth, but if I do that and then put in a DVD, the resolution of course changes to 480p and the projector will shift the image slightly to the left so I can use the projector lens shift to straighten it out again. HD DVDs (I have the add-on) look fine since the resolution stays the same. Now, if I keep the Xbox set at 1080i, there's no problem with shifting (pixels must match better with 480p??), but I think that might be what's causing some artifacts I'm seeing in HD. Anyway, I was hoping someone else was able to run their Xbox at 720p without having to shift the lens back whenever they watched a S-DVD on it. I know I should just get a good upconverting player, etc, but at the moment I have the ease of just one source device (works well with wife factor) and I am horribly cheap.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page