Official Mitsubishi HC4900 Owners Thread - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #3721 of 3726 Old 06-17-2016, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
If anyone ever decides to part out their dead 4900, I'd be interested in a lens assy.
Been checking eBay, but they're so old now it's hard to find anything.
HC5000, 6000, 6500 would also be likely donors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3726 Old 12-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have enjoyed the HC4900 for several years - lately the picture seems washed out and very dark. Tried another bulb and it didn't make a huge difference. Every now and then the image is bright and crisp like when it was new. Most of the time dissapointing and dark.

I've tried:
1 - new bulb
2 - direct connection from PS3 to projector with new hdmi cable.

I'm going to try:
1 - resetting to factory defaults.
2 - anything else you all recommend.

What would you do to revitalize an HC4900?
post #3723 of 3726 Old 12-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hi all I seem to be having the same problem many have had with a replacement lamp for the HC4900. The aftermarket one I got on Amazon had the WRONG connector that is supposed to mate with the projector. it looks similar but its slightly different. the slot on top is the original. Does ANYBODY know which after market lamp will actually fit into the unit?? Many Thanks in advance!! Bohanna
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New slot on top.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	1861457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slot Original.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1861481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slot New #2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1861489  

Last edited by Bohanna; 12-29-2016 at 06:01 PM.

post #3724 of 3726 Old 08-16-2017, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all,
i bought a used HC 4900 this week. The picture looks great and everything works fine. Unfortunately, after around ten minutes, the HC 4900 shuts down. The fans are still moving for a while, but the lamp is off. While this, the STATUS-LED is blinking green. The manual, as far as i can see, has not hints on this issue. This is why i am asking here. The bulp is new. The previous owner told me that he did not have this problem with the old bulp, which I unfortunately do not own. Any ideas? Is the bulp, even if working for 10 minutes, the problem? Thanks for your help!
post #3725 of 3726 Old 09-09-2017, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Original owner from 2008. The original lamp lasted probably 5 years, and have purchased a succession of 4 aftermarket lamps. First replacement seemed to ok, but only lasted maybe 2 years of occasional use. The next two had even shorter lives, and noticeably lower brightness. I have now installed the fourth and have exactly the same problem with it starting out with power and status steady green, but lamp does not turn on. The fan is on during this and changes speed slightly every 15 sec or so. After about a minute of this, the fan increases more and the power goes solid red and the status blinking green. After another minute or two, the projector shuts down altogether, with only solid red power light. I have noticed that owners seem to have been having this issue since at least 2008, but I have not seen any mention of a successful fix or resolution. Anyone ever solve this? At this point, I'm not going to spend much money at all on it, I was just hoping that there might be a relatively cheap solution.
post #3726 of 3726 Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradhc4900 View Post
Hi all,
i bought a used HC 4900 this week. The picture looks great and everything works fine. Unfortunately, after around ten minutes, the HC 4900 shuts down. The fans are still moving for a while, but the lamp is off. While this, the STATUS-LED is blinking green. The manual, as far as i can see, has not hints on this issue. This is why i am asking here. The bulp is new. The previous owner told me that he did not have this problem with the old bulp, which I unfortunately do not own. Any ideas? Is the bulp, even if working for 10 minutes, the problem? Thanks for your help!
Lots of time its because the filter is blocked and the lamp overheats and shuts down or the lamp is sending back a signal to the optic sensor in the projector that something is wrong and it shuts down. This is NOT an uncommon problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc4900 Lcd Projector 1080p

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page