Optoma HD65 Review & Screenshots - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > Optoma HD65 Review & Screenshots
guitarman's Avatar guitarman 10:27 AM 04-08-2008
I'd wait for a 1080p machine but the HD65 is very different than the HD70, in color and terms of brightness. The HD65 has more pleasing color and twice the available lumens if needed. Still I would wait and match up a better projector with that high end screen.

NO1B4ME's Avatar NO1B4ME 11:13 AM 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

I'd wait for a 1080p machine but the HD65 is very different than the HD70, in color and terms of brightness. The HD65 has more pleasing color and twice the available lumens if needed. Still I would wait and match up a better projector with that high end screen.


Gotcha I was thinking the same thing. Plus I have enough plasmas to keep me happy until then .
speedtriplex's Avatar speedtriplex 01:55 PM 04-08-2008
Peter,

Your screenshots are absolutely amazing!
could you please post your settings if you haven't already? :-)
and could you post some more "I am legend" caps please, specially of Will Smith exercising and that hot red mustang!? Thanks
and do keep the caps coming :-)
eightninesuited's Avatar eightninesuited 03:45 PM 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtriplex View Post

Peter,

Your screenshots are absolutely amazing!
could you please post your settings if you haven't already? :-)
and could you post some more "I am legend" caps please, specially of Will Smith exercising and that hot red mustang!? Thanks
and do keep the caps coming :-)

Hmm, urge to comment, rising.
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 05:01 PM 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtriplex View Post

Peter,

Your screenshots are absolutely amazing!
could you please post your settings if you haven't already? :-)
and could you post some more "I am legend" caps please, specially of Will Smith exercising and that hot red mustang!? Thanks
and do keep the caps coming :-)

Thanks Speed,


Post photos of the red Mustang, that's fine, but photos of Will Smith doing exercise, no way.



Peter.
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 05:31 PM 04-08-2008
A picture that I had forgotten to post:




Peter
svader's Avatar svader 08:24 PM 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtriplex View Post

Peter,
Your screenshots are absolutely amazing!
could you please post your settings if you haven't already? :-)

Second that... any chance that you would post your settings Peter?

Vader
poki's Avatar poki 10:11 PM 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by poki View Post

thanks peter
im thinking of DIY the screen, care for some free advise? :P
im thinking of getting a matt white screen, wat is the suitable gain for it?
would a screen material of 52 X 72 " enough to make the screen? or i need to buy a bigger piece?

peter, can u help out abit?
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 05:42 AM 04-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by svader View Post

Second that... any chance that you would post your settings Peter?

Vader

Here is my setting for Video Component:





For the HTPC via HDMI, I will post tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poki View Post

peter, can u help out abit?

I made the projections directly on wall, I don't know about screens.

Peter.
poki's Avatar poki 06:49 AM 04-09-2008
ic, its ok peter, thanks
dropzone7's Avatar dropzone7 06:52 AM 04-09-2008
Maybe I missed it in the menu items but are you running in econo mode or full lumens?
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 07:04 AM 04-09-2008
In Standard (Eco) mode.

The option "Warm" isn't a good options. In the HTPC via HDMI I use "MEDIUM" and it is better. I'll re-calibrate Video component using "Medium" too.

Peter.
Ron Yost's Avatar Ron Yost 10:27 AM 04-09-2008
Peter: Thanks for posting your settings. If you don't mind, what are your RGB Gain/Bias settings?
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 10:41 PM 04-09-2008
Optoma Settings HTPC via HDMI:









HTPC Settings:


Peter
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 10:45 PM 04-09-2008
SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:


HDTV in 720p in the HTPC via HDMI:




SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:



HDTV in 720p in the HTPC via HDMI:




SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:



HDTV in 720p in the HTPC via HDMI:



Peter
guitarman's Avatar guitarman 11:18 PM 04-09-2008
Enjoy it, you guys got the new technology, HDMI 1.3, Brilliant color II w/new RGBCYM color wheel. Brilliant color was intended to be used with this color wheel. It took a while to get the timings for this wheel and this is the first, results 1600 lumens out of a 180watt UHP bulb, 3500.1 tuned CR level.
Plenty of image pop here, so enjoy
Happy new movie watching.

There will be blood is a good one, wierd movie (madness).
poki's Avatar poki 05:03 AM 04-10-2008
is there any issue with onkyo 605?
i read there is some pink image wen u paired hd65 and onky 605 in uk av forums
heiwi's Avatar heiwi 06:18 AM 04-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

Enjoy it, you guys got the new technology, HDMI 1.3, Brilliant color II w/new RGBCYM color wheel. Brilliant color was intended to be used with this color wheel. It took a while to get the timings for this wheel and this is the first, results 1600 lumens out of a 180watt UHP bulb, 3500.1 tuned CR level.
Plenty of image pop here, so enjoy
Happy new movie watching.

There will be blood is a good one, wierd movie (madness).

I believe getting a more true picture not using the "enhancer" brilliant color and true vivid.
Don't you also recommend leaving those to zero especially with a digital connection?
Please clarify.
guitarman's Avatar guitarman 08:40 AM 04-10-2008
I had two ways of using this projector. One leaving brilliant color and true vivid where the factory set it and just tuning the contrast, brightness and color if allowed. The other tuning was changing the RGB's with colorfacts and having brilliant color and true vivid off. Both looked great to me and the factory setting was best when ambient light was around.
Brilliant color on this machine looks allot different than the previous machines with the white segement, colors can easily look natural. The true vivid feature seperates black to white more boldly for a more dimensional image. You'll find it hard to notice gradient effects in video using it at 1 where the factory sets it. True vivid doesn't effect the color.
guitarman's Avatar guitarman 08:48 AM 04-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post

SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:


720p in the HTPC via HDMI:




SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:


720p in the HTPC via HDMI:




SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:


720p in the HTPC via HDMI:



Peter

Great test to show what 1.1 pixel matching is all about.
heiwi's Avatar heiwi 09:28 AM 04-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

I had two ways of using this projector. One leaving brilliant color and true vivid where the factory set it and just tuning the contrast, brightness and color if allowed. The other tuning was changing the RGB's with colorfacts and having brilliant color and true vivid off. Both looked great to me and the factory setting was best when ambient light was around.
Brilliant color on this machine looks allot different than the previous machines with the white segement, colors can easily look natural. The true vivid feature seperates black to white more boldly for a more dimensional image. You'll find it hard to notice gradient effects in video using it at 1 where the factory sets it. True vivid doesn't effect the color.

Thanks for the clarification and now a follow up question:
Which setting would you use for a 75 diagonal picture (table mount pj) on a greywolf II (glass bead, grey, retroreflective), digital connection (upconverting oppo from sd dvd) with very light colored walls watching movies at dawn and at night (a bit RBE sensitive)?
I also watch hd tv mainly sports and that often during the day with closed blinds but which let quite a lot of light in.
Contrast and brightness I calibrate with get gray.
eightninesuited's Avatar eightninesuited 09:42 AM 04-10-2008
HD65 + Greywolf II = bad idea. Go with a white screen or a slightly grey one.
heiwi's Avatar heiwi 10:06 AM 04-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post

HD65 + Greywolf II = bad idea. Go with a white screen or a slightly grey one.

thanks for the info - what would I improve in the picture and which screen would you recommend?
Acturbo's Avatar Acturbo 11:51 AM 04-10-2008
Just for everyones reference the lamp is as follows per Optoma:



HD65 lamp - BL-FS180C: $329.99 + $18 ground shipping
Ron Yost's Avatar Ron Yost 01:36 PM 04-10-2008
Thank you, Peter. Nice of you to go to the trouble.

And Thank You Acturbo for the lamp info. I'll write it in my manual. Hopefully won't need it for a VERY long time.
Adversus's Avatar Adversus 02:17 PM 04-11-2008
Forgive me if I ask a stupid question, but I'm a projecter noob looking to by my first one

the HD65 sounds like a good buy, but I read in another thread on this forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=13609534
that it has to be ceiling mounted... is this true? We have a standard (rented) living room and I'd prefer not having to drill holes in the ceiling

And other than that, the HD65 is a good way to go?

Tnx
eightninesuited's Avatar eightninesuited 02:21 PM 04-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversus View Post

Forgive me if I ask a stupid question, but I'm a projecter noob looking to by my first one

the HD65 sounds like a good buy, but I read in another thread on this forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=13609534
that it has to be ceiling mounted... is this true? We have a standard (rented) living room and I'd prefer not having to drill holes in the ceiling

And other than that, the HD65 is a good way to go?

Tnx

Ceiling mounted or table top in front of you. Not other way without ruining the picture quality. I think you need an LCD.
Adversus's Avatar Adversus 03:52 PM 04-11-2008
cheers, on with the search then
speedtriplex's Avatar speedtriplex 04:06 PM 04-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post

Thanks Speed,


Post photos of the red Mustang, that's fine, but photos of Will Smith doing exercise, no way.



Peter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post

Hmm, urge to comment, rising.

OH MAN!!!... I just realized how it sounds!!! lol
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 09:30 PM 04-11-2008
Transformers SD DVD in the HTPC via HDMI:



Transformers HD-DVD ripped in 720p, in the HTPC via HDMI:



Peter
Tags: Optoma Hd65 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop