Optoma HD65 Review & Screenshots - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 2884 Old 05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SERIOUS HELP Needed..

My setting on PS3:
Video OutputFormat YPbr/Cb Pr/Cr
SuperWhite- ON
1080p24-ON

on my HD65 setting:
Cinema
contract -6
brightness -6
sharpness +3

Advanced
Degamma : film
Brilliantcolour 0
TrueVivid 0
Ai OFF
Colour Temp: Medium
Colour Space : YCbCr
RGB GAIN/BIAS:
RG-16
GG -5
BG -7
RB -4
GB -1
BB -3

I found the HD65 PQ improved when I set YCbCr compare to auto....but sadly the reddish very badly... I have changed all the gain/bias setting as above.

All these fine with BDs with 1080p/ movie trailer downloaded with 1080p

Weird thing is when i pop-in Mariah Carey MIMI concert BD/Destiny child concert BD

both at 1080i 60hz & it seriously gives me red-pinkish issue again

GOSH! ...wat is going on?

appreciate some one to assist/advise... CHEERS
leakwoon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gr8full's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakwoon View Post

SERIOUS HELP Needed..

My setting on PS3:
Video OutputFormat YPbr/Cb Pr/Cr
SuperWhite- ON
1080p24-ON

on my HD65 setting:
Cinema
contract -6
brightness -6
sharpness +3

Advanced
Degamma : film
Brilliantcolour 0
TrueVivid 0
Ai OFF
Colour Temp: Medium
Colour Space : YCbCr
RGB GAIN/BIAS:
RG-16
GG -5
BG -7
RB -4
GB -1
BB -3

I found the HD65 PQ improved when I set YCbCr compare to auto....but sadly the reddish very badly... I have changed all the gain/bias setting as above.

All these fine with BDs with 1080p/ movie trailer downloaded with 1080p

Weird thing is when i pop-in Mariah Carey MIMI concert BD/Destiny child concert BD

both at 1080i 60hz & it seriously gives me red-pinkish issue again

GOSH! ...wat is going on?

appreciate some one to assist/advise... CHEERS

This might sound way too simple but seeing as these are concert DVD's could it just be that they're using a lot of red spotlights in their concerts? After all, you say it's fine with movies.
Gr8full is offline  
post #723 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes it is perfect fine with movie(1080p) after i changed the colour setting...but when HD65 pick up the signal 1080i from PS3/Blu-ray....it turned into very very "reddish"

Weird

anyone care to share their setting on HD65 via PS3 as "source player" ?

Thank you
leakwoon is offline  
post #724 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
about the colour space setting on HD65



leave it on AUTO ? RGB? or YCbCr?





*i m using PS3 for blu-ray, at PS3 setting is YCbCr, super white on*



something I did wrongly? miss-ed out?



Thanks !
leakwoon is offline  
post #725 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
guitarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: The Bay Area San Francisco.
Posts: 12,968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakwoon View Post

yes it is perfect fine with movie(1080p) after i changed the colour setting...but when HD65 pick up the signal 1080i from PS3/Blu-ray....it turned into very very "reddish"

Weird

anyone care to share their setting on HD65 via PS3 as "source player" ?

Thank you

For 1080i try a higher color temp setting. What I do is have a graysteps pattern going from a calibration DVD and watch the gray tones. Pick the color temp closer to steely gray tones. I'll bet the grays you're seeing now are very red toned so go to middle or high color temp.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
guitarman is offline  
post #726 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Newbie
 
shadowhankron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone, Well Yesterday My Hd 65 Arrived With A Free 55" White Screen....
Set It Up And Changed Some Settings To What I Picked Up On This Forum, While Using A Budget Priced Hdmi Dvd Player With Hdmi Cable Connected I Dont Seem To Get The Kind Of Great Pictures I See On This Forum, Which Leads Me To Believe That The Great Pics Here Are From A Ps3 And Blu-ray As I Dont Play Games A Ps3 Would Be No Use To Me.. Can Anyone Elighten Me Why I Dont Get A Good Pic, Oh And My Throw Range Is 9 Ft .. Thanks

Ronnie

Dublin
shadowhankron is offline  
post #727 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davidt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am wondering if those great shots have been enhanced with Photoshop because they just look too good.
Davidt1 is offline  
post #728 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Peter_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

I am wondering if those great shots have been enhanced with Photoshop because they just look too good.


The pictures I have posted not suffered any further processing.

See my post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=620

Do not judge people hastily.

You are invited to come to my house to see for yourself.

Peter
Peter_ is offline  
post #729 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

For 1080i try a higher color temp setting. What I do is have a graysteps pattern going from a calibration DVD and watch the gray tones. Pick the color temp closer to steely gray tones. I'll bet the grays you're seeing now are very red toned so go to middle or high color temp.

Sir, you are absolutely right...I dont the see the right gray tones ..it turned into reddish toned now

does it mean everytime the HD65 pick up different source, I need to adjust it?

but this will not happen if i leave the colour space to "auto"
leakwoon is offline  
post #730 of 2884 Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
heiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the choice from my dvd player to set color space to YCbCr or RGB. What gives the better picture for mainly movie watching on dvd?
heiwi is offline  
post #731 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiwi View Post

I have the choice from my dvd player to set color space to YCbCr or RGB. What gives the better picture for mainly movie watching on dvd?

correct me if i m wrong..

movie are normally stored in YCbCr

while those computer/games media in RGB format
leakwoon is offline  
post #732 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
 
heiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakwoon View Post

correct me if i m wrong..

movie are normally stored in YCbCr

while those computer/games media in RGB format


interesting - that would mean no conversion necessary if you can go from YcbCr on dvd player level to YCbCr on projector level.
heiwi is offline  
post #733 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiwi View Post

interesting - that would mean no conversion necessary if you can go from YcbCr on dvd player level to YCbCr on projector level.

it should reduce the artificial effect of "converting process"
leakwoon is offline  
post #734 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone care to share the setting on HD65 via PS3 for blu-raying?

thanks alot man !
leakwoon is offline  
post #735 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Stix2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Davisburg, MI
Posts: 770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious I am using the HD65 as a monitor running it at 1920x1080 and games look great but text is fuzzy. Not sure why I thought this did 1:1 mapping. I try to change the resolution to lower and it shakes alot.

Any ideas? I am using HDMI hooked to the projector.
Stix2 is offline  
post #736 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Newbie
 
shadowhankron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhankron View Post

Hi Everyone, Well Yesterday My Hd 65 Arrived With A Free 55" White Screen....
Set It Up And Changed Some Settings To What I Picked Up On This Forum, While Using A Budget Priced Hdmi Dvd Player With Hdmi Cable Connected I Dont Seem To Get The Kind Of Great Pictures I See On This Forum, Which Leads Me To Believe That The Great Pics Here Are From A Ps3 And Blu-ray As I Dont Play Games A Ps3 Would Be No Use To Me.. Can Anyone Elighten Me Why I Dont Get A Good Pic, Oh And My Throw Range Is 9 Ft .. Thanks

Ronnie

Dublin

I HOPE PETER YOU TOOK NO OFFENCE TO MY QUESTION IT WAS NOT MEANT TO CHALLENGE YOUR PICTURES, ONLY MEANT I COULD NOT GET SUCH GREAT RESULTS SO FAR WITH MY SET UP.

THANKS

RONNIE
shadowhankron is offline  
post #737 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
David Barteaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think Peter is using a computer and output is set at 720p to achieve 1:1 pixel mapping.

I also can't get as good a picture using Blueray as I think the conversion process from 1080 down to 720p is affecting the result.

David Barteaux is offline  
post #738 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Peter_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
a 720p source on a 720p native projector will give more definition that 1080p on the same projector. 1:1 pixel mapping is quite important.

The message where I posted a comment on 720p x 1080p about a 720p projector:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post

I did some tests to see the difference between 1080p and 720p send signals to the projector.

I understand that the image in 720p has more sharpness, but is a little cracks in the contours of the objects.

The 1080p image is a little smoother, but the outlines of objects are smoother. It is not blurred, as if it is a filter of "anti-aliasing" being applied where all the cracks disappear. The picture is more natural.

This test I did with the Ratatouile because it is 1080p. I need to do the test again with a film 720p.

Image 1080p at 1280x720pixels:


Image 1080p at 1920x1080pixels:


Image 1080p at 1280x720pixels:


Image 1080p at 1920x1080pixels:



Peter

Peter_ is offline  
post #739 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Peter_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The whole message where I posted a comment about the increase on image's definition using HTPC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post

Is important to say that I don't have Blu-Ray Player and I use the filter Sharpen of ffdshow to increase sharpness of all movies.

I use the Media Player Classic + K-Lite Mega Codec Pack + QuickTime Alternative.



This increases the sharpness of all movies, and with that I can take better sharpness of the projector.

Why buy a projector with good sharpness, if the films are smoothed.

The camera I use is the simplest possible:


Optoma HD 65 - Media Player Classic + ffdshow with Sharpen de 46:


ORIGINAL - Media Player Classic + ffdshow with Sharpen de 46:


ORIGINAL - Media Player Classic without filters:



Optoma HD 65 - Media Player Classic + ffdshow with Sharpen de 46:


ORIGINAL - Media Player Classic + ffdshow with Sharpen de 46:



ORIGINAL - Media Player Classic without filters:


The settings I use in the Optoma HD65 increase the contrast/sharpness volume and even more, just take a look at the settings in some messages posted ago.


Peter

Excuse the mistakes of English.

Excuse the mistakes of English.
Peter_ is offline  
post #740 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
agreed with u peter...

but on ps3 wise...i feel output-ing the native 1080p resolution from BD is far better to let the HD65 to do the downscalling job

CHEERS

p/s: any other PS3 owners here for blu-ray-ing via HD65?
leakwoon is offline  
post #741 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
dreamtheatre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakwoon View Post

agreed with u peter...

but on ps3 wise...i feel output-ing the native 1080p resolution from BD is far better to let the HD65 to do the downscalling job

CHEERS

p/s: any other PS3 owners here for blu-ray-ing via HD65?

I will be once I get the screen up this week. Am I to understand that we should not set the source at 720p, instead at 1080p, and let the HD65 do the scaling? That was what I intended to do.

However, for DVD, I use an OPPO 980H; should I set that player at 720p or 1080p for best results?

Jim

JVC RS25 Projector

84" 16:9 Da-Lite Matte White Model C Screen

Panasonic TC-P65VT60 Display

Oppo BDP-103 Blu Ray Player

Pioneer Elite SC-67 Receiver

Pioneer SP-FS52 (2), SP-C22 (1), SP-B22 (4) 7.1 Speaker System

Rythmik F12 Subwoofer

Darbee Darblet Video Enhancer

DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033Cinema...

dreamtheatre is offline  
post #742 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
JIM,
my sammy DVDP just capable of 1080i so i let it at 1080i
leakwoon is offline  
post #743 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
dreamtheatre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakwoon View Post

JIM,
my sammy DVDP just capable of 1080i so i let it at 1080i

I will probably leave mine at 1080i, too, as my RPTV (the screen will drop down in front of it) will only accept 1080i (first generation SXRD). I will play around with it, and see what's best.

Jim

JVC RS25 Projector

84" 16:9 Da-Lite Matte White Model C Screen

Panasonic TC-P65VT60 Display

Oppo BDP-103 Blu Ray Player

Pioneer Elite SC-67 Receiver

Pioneer SP-FS52 (2), SP-C22 (1), SP-B22 (4) 7.1 Speaker System

Rythmik F12 Subwoofer

Darbee Darblet Video Enhancer

DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033Cinema...

dreamtheatre is offline  
post #744 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
should the DVDP to be set at YCrCb4:4:4 or 4:2:2 ?
leakwoon is offline  
post #745 of 2884 Old 05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
David Barteaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what I understand it is best to send the projector highest signal possible and let the projector do the scalling unless you can send it native 720p.

David Barteaux is offline  
post #746 of 2884 Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Member
 
leakwoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My HD65 vis PS3 (HDMI) on blu-ray-ing setting :

Room Condition: almost 80-90% dark

PS3:
HDMI:1080p24
superwhite : on
RGB : limited
Video: YCrCb



HD65:
Cinema
Contract : -4
Brightness : -5
sharpness: 0
Degamma : Video
BC: 1
TV: 1
AI: 0
Temp: Warm
Colour Space: AUTO
ADVANCE:
RG:0
GG:0
BG:4
RB:0
GB:-1
BB:-1


all feedback & welcome...CHEERS
leakwoon is offline  
post #747 of 2884 Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
dreamtheatre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barteaux View Post

From what I understand it is best to send the projector highest signal possible and let the projector do the scalling unless you can send it native 720p.

Meaning you would need an HTPC? Or is there another way to do 1:1 pixel mapping?

Jim

JVC RS25 Projector

84" 16:9 Da-Lite Matte White Model C Screen

Panasonic TC-P65VT60 Display

Oppo BDP-103 Blu Ray Player

Pioneer Elite SC-67 Receiver

Pioneer SP-FS52 (2), SP-C22 (1), SP-B22 (4) 7.1 Speaker System

Rythmik F12 Subwoofer

Darbee Darblet Video Enhancer

DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033Cinema...

dreamtheatre is offline  
post #748 of 2884 Old 05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Newbie
 
shadowhankron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Forum Partners

Hooked Up My Hd 65 To Magnavox Hard Drive / Recorder With A S-video Cable But Got No Colour Picture Only B/w.
Now I Have Satellite Hooked To Recorder With S-video Cable Then From Output Of Recorder I Got Another S-video Cable Into The Hd 65.
Using Ordinary Cables Red/ White / Yellow I Got Colour.
What Is Wrong With S-video Hook Up Please.

Thanks In Advance

Ron
shadowhankron is offline  
post #749 of 2884 Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
David Barteaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheatre View Post

Meaning you would need an HTPC? Or is there another way to do 1:1 pixel mapping?

Jim

Any PC with a good graphics card can do this. If you send the projector a 1280x720 signal at 60Hz from any source the projector will map this pixel per pixel as this is the native resolution of the projector, therefore no scalling and no picture artifacts in the process. Mind you there are very expensive scallers out there that do a very fine job.

David Barteaux is offline  
post #750 of 2884 Old 05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
David Barteaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhankron View Post

Hi Forum Partners

Hooked Up My Hd 65 To Magnavox Hard Drive / Recorder With A S-video Cable But Got No Colour Picture Only B/w.
Now I Have Satellite Hooked To Recorder With S-video Cable Then From Output Of Recorder I Got Another S-video Cable Into The Hd 65.
Using Ordinary Cables Red/ White / Yellow I Got Colour.
What Is Wrong With S-video Hook Up Please.

Thanks In Advance

Ron

Try different Svideo cables? Run cable from satellite directly to the projector and bypass the Recorder?

David Barteaux is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd65 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off