Optoma HD65 Review & Screenshots - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 2884 Old 05-08-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Been using the HD65 for about 5-6 years now. I still love it. Recently i have a problem with it. My PC wont recognize the beamer anymore. I use this for watching movies so its a big problem for me. The xbox360 and TV reciever still work fine. I already did a clean Win7 install and i even tried a laptop from a friend with windows 8 on it. I tried 3 different hdmi cables. The result is the same.. It just wont pick up signal from my PC but xbox and TV reciever work fine. Can someone help? I have no ideas left what to do. It all worked fine for 5 years. And all 3 sources work fine on my LCD TV.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 2884 Old 05-10-2014, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by leproos View Post

Been using the HD65 for about 5-6 years now. I still love it. Recently i have a problem with it. My PC wont recognize the beamer anymore. I use this for watching movies so its a big problem for me. The xbox360 and TV reciever still work fine. I already did a clean Win7 install and i even tried a laptop from a friend with windows 8 on it. I tried 3 different hdmi cables. The result is the same.. It just wont pick up signal from my PC but xbox and TV reciever work fine. Can someone help? I have no ideas left what to do. It all worked fine for 5 years. And all 3 sources work fine on my LCD TV.

Have you tried connecting the PC's HDMI to something else? Seems to me that it's NOT the HD65; could be a fried HDMI output on the PC.

Yamaha DSP-A1 Integrated Amp
(4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps and Mills resistors (R/L F/R)
(2) Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets (dual centers)
B&O TX2 Turntable
Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD
Samsung BD-P2550 Blu-Ray/DVD
Princeton AF3.0HD Monitor
Optoma HD65 Projector
post #2883 of 2884 Old 05-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Does the computer still seem to recognize when it's plugged in to the optoma, can it show a list of usable resolutions refresh rates? ..assuming your PC has two usable video outputs..

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
post #2884 of 2884 Old 05-15-2014, 01:48 AM

Liked: 10

Thanks, after removing the graphic card (ATI) i found out that my onboard GPU (Nvidia) also has a HDMI output :D It worked instantly. BUT i can get the resolution higher than 1024x768 :(

In my old setting (when it worked) WIN7 even recognized the beamer and it said 'optoma hd65' in the resolution settings. It was on 720p for years and i could even set it on 1080p. Now its says 'non pnp screen'.

Is it possible to get 720P with my onboard GPU with the beamer? And how? On my LCD TV its on 1080P so i guess its possible.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd65 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 720p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page