Huge Super Bowl party, Murphy's Law..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-04-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
KWP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The bulb on the projector (Panny AE900) went out halfway through the second quarter!!

Good thing I had my old one still around that wasn't totally dead yet! A few minutes of surgery and we were back in business. It also helps that there were 3 other TV's around to watch the game on!

Why, of all freaking days would it decide to act up now??? Do I have any recourse with a bulb dying after only 600 hrs and 6 months?

KP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-04-2008, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWP View Post

Do I have any recourse with a bulb dying after only 600 hrs and 6 months?

Sorry to hear about your problem; at least you got to see the (most exciting ever?) fourth quarter!!!?!! Dunno the Panny lamp warranty, probably 90 days? If yes you're likely outta luck. I think the mfrs have such wimpy Lamp warranties because the lamp is subject to abuse they can't control (e.g. many multiple On/Offs per day, yanking the plug on a pj so it doesn't cool, etc.). But in some cases folks just get unlucky like you have. One reason I suppose why 3rd party lamp warranties can find a market...
post #3 of 4 Old 02-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Damn lucky you had that spare around. At this point I'm running with my rear hanging in the air, as my first ae900 bulb went at 1100 hours (before I could pull it at 1800 hours and keep it as the "spare" but now that the superbowl is passed and the academy awards are a washout (wifes' friends sure like all those pretty dresses on the big screen), there is nothing big until I make the 1080 upgrade (between now and the pre-season). It doesn't appear that panny is going to get value competitive fast enough to keep my business.

Of course, the Soprano's finale still holds the record for bulb blowing heart attacks - I know a lot of AVS'ers were like myself, believing the unthinkable happened right up to the second those credits showed up.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Yeah you still got lucky compared to me... my HD72 suffered the lamp driver issue 30 minutes before kickoff... nothing to do about it and no bulb to swap in (this bulb has around 500 hours on it).

Ended up watching superbowl on 26 inch TV instead of 85 inch One of my buddies even drove in from 50 miles away to partake... needless to say I was PISSED... now I still have to get Optoma to fix it.... hopefully.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page