Ubuntu 9.10 + Latest nVidia Drivers + Toshiba 50HM67 = Overstretching!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently built a new mythbox using Ubuntu 9.10, an nVidia 9600GT graphics card that is connected via DVI->HDMI to a Toshiba 50HM67 50in DLP. I have read other posts where overscan is an issue with certain rear project HDTV's. It would appear that mine has the overscan issue as well.

I have tried different resolutions with the nvidia card but the top/bottom and sides are cut off on the screen by about 5% on screen. Has anyone been able to solve this issue and if so, what did you do to correct it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-15-2009, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
infinisource -- There should be an "Overscan" adjustment on your Toshiba 50HM67 50in DLP display. Your nVidia 9600GT card's setup software might also have a similar adjustment. Changing resolutions will have no effect, as you found out.

Remember that computer video cards are set up to drive computer monitors. The wide-screen monitors usually have 16:10 aspect ratios (for widescreen versions) instead of the 16:9 for the majority of HDTV sets.

PS -- Is your title correct? If so, you must have a Beta version of Ubuntu, since the latest (official version) is 9.04. The previous version is 8.10 (not 9.10 -- October 2009 isn't here yet).

- Claus {non-Santa model}
Reply HTPC - Linux Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page