Anyone know how to setup a HDHomerun dual tuner box in MythTV 0.23? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to setup MythTV 0.23 to use my dual tuner HDHomerun box. So far, I've run into a couple of problems:

1. MythTV does not seem to want to use both tuners. If I start watching live TV, tell it to record the current show (pressing 'R'), return to the main menu, then start watching live TV again, it only lets me tune one of the sub channels common to the channel that is recording. My old setup with MythTV 0.21 would use the second tuner at this point and let me pick any channel I wanted. I setup the two versions the same way, by adding both Tuner0 and Tuner1 in step 2 of the backend setup, adding a single EIT source in step 3, then connecting both tuners to the EIT source in step 4, scanning for channels on each one (inserting the channels on the first scan, and updating them on the second scan).

2. It keeps dumping a huge amount of data into the mythbackend.log file while doing the EIT scan. Here is an example:

Code:
2010-07-26 06:28:40.933 Could not find channel 2_1 in CVCT
2010-07-26 06:28:40.937 
VCT Cable: channels(3) tsid(0x46b) seclength(142)
Channel #0 name(KTLA Di) 5-1 mod(SCTE mode 2) cTSID(0x46b)
 pnum(421) ETM_loc(0) access_ctrl(0) hidden(0)
path_select(0) out_of_band(0) hide_guide(0) service_type(ATSC TV) source_id(13)
 descriptors length(33) count(1)
  ExtendedChannelNameDescriptor: 'KTLA Digital Television'

Channel #1 name(KTTV-DT) 11-1 mod(SCTE mode 2) cTSID(0x46b)
 pnum(422) ETM_loc(0) access_ctrl(0) hidden(0)
path_select(0) out_of_band(0) hide_guide(0) service_type(ATSC TV) source_id(17)

Channel #2 name(This TV) 5-2 mod(SCTE mode 2) cTSID(0x46b)
 pnum(423) ETM_loc(0) access_ctrl(0) hidden(0)
path_select(0) out_of_band(0) hide_guide(0) service_type(ATSC TV) source_id(18)

2010-07-26 06:28:41.138 Could not find channel 2_1 in CVCT
2010-07-26 06:28:41.140 
VCT Cable: channels(3) tsid(0x46b) seclength(142)
Channel #0 name(KTLA Di) 5-1 mod(SCTE mode 2) cTSID(0x46b)
 pnum(421) ETM_loc(0) access_ctrl(0) hidden(0)
path_select(0) out_of_band(0) hide_guide(0) service_type(ATSC TV) source_id(13)
 descriptors length(33) count(1)
  ExtendedChannelNameDescriptor: 'KTLA Digital Television'

Channel #1 name(KTTV-DT) 11-1 mod(SCTE mode 2) cTSID(0x46b)
 pnum(422) ETM_loc(0) access_ctrl(0) hidden(0)
path_select(0) out_of_band(0) hide_guide(0) service_type(ATSC TV) source_id(17)

Channel #2 name(This TV) 5-2 mod(SCTE mode 2) cTSID(0x46b)
 pnum(423) ETM_loc(0) access_ctrl(0) hidden(0)
path_select(0) out_of_band(0) hide_guide(0) service_type(ATSC TV) source_id(18)
You can see from the two timestamps how quickly these messages occur. They cause my log file to get big pretty fast. All my channels are on only 4 QAM channels. I know that channel 2_1 is not on the same QAM channel as 5-1, 5-2, and 11-1, but I don't know why it is complaining about 2_1 and not any other channel that is also not on the same QAM channel. I also find it weird that when I do the channel scanning, and it adds my channels, it names them all with underscores, yet when doing the EIT scan it seems to find channels named with dashes. Not sure if that means anything or not.

Thanks for your help!

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You need to set up each tuner separately, as if it was a separate card. Read the MythTV Wiki:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondu...meRun_Forum.29

You may also need to set up different recording groups and source for each tuner.
post #3 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

You need to set up each tuner separately, as if it was a separate card. Read the MythTV Wiki:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondu...meRun_Forum.29

I did that already in step 2 of the backend setup. Same procedure I used in 0.21. I have two tuners listed, one for tuner0 and one for tuner1.

Quote:

You may also need to set up different recording groups and source for each tuner.

I didn't have to do this for 0.21. Is this something new? I will give that a try first. By source, do you mean step 3 of the backend setup? I do only have one entry there (EIT which I have named "Simple OTA"). Both tuners are connected to "Simple OTA" in step 4. Should I make a second one, and call them "Simple OTA 1" and "Simple OTA 2" and connect one tuner to each?

Thanks for the advice!

Matt
post #4 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I think that a separate recording group may be enough. You don't want both tuners constantly scanning for schedule info. I think there is a "cross source EIT" check box (or something to that effect). This would be used if you have separate Video Sources set up for each tuner.

Also try checking the "Use tuner on demand" box (or something to that effect).
post #5 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I think that a separate recording group may be enough. You don't want both tuners constantly scanning for schedule info. I think there is a "cross source EIT" check box (or something to that effect). This would be used if you have separate Video Sources set up for each tuner.

Also try checking the "Use tuner on demand" box (or something to that effect).

Ok, I'll look into recording groups first. And I do remember seeing the cross source EIT box as well, I'll play with that too. Thanks!

Matt
post #6 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

I don't see Recording groups anywhere in the backend setup. I did see Input Groups in step 4, is that what you meant? It seems to want to put each tuner in its own group by default, instead of the Generic group.
post #7 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleggjp View Post

I don't see Recording groups anywhere in the backend setup. I did see Input Groups in step 4, is that what you meant?

Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry for my inexact explanation of things.

Quote:

It seems to want to put each tuner in its own group by default, instead of the Generic group.

Hmm... Maybe the problem is the exact opposite of what I was thinking. Try putting them both in the same group.
post #8 of 36 Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Actually, when I tried putting them both in the "Generic" input group, it keeps changing them back to their own group "HDHR_1017194C-0" and "HDHR_1017194C-1." I just created a new input group called "Test Input Group" and it seems to let them both be added to it. I'll see if that does anything different...

EDIT: Nope, still nothing different. I just tried scheduling recordings in the upcoming hour. Two shows on different QAM channels results in a conflict. Two shows on the same QAM channel (different sub channels), looks like it would work. With MythTV's multi-record function, I thought I would be able to record 4 HD channels at once, provided they are all on only two QAM channels. So far though, that is not the case.

EDIT2: Ok, I am totally stumped now. I feel like I have tried everything. I even tried adding a second Video Source (step 3), and connecting each HDHomerun Tuner to a different one. I also tried scheduling two shows on two different QAM channels, and told one to prefer Tuner0 and the other to prefer Tuner1 in the scheduling options. It still shows as a conflict. All signs are pointing to "it should just work," since I have it setup just like I did in 0.21. It's got to be something simple, I just can't figure it out. Any other ideas anyone? Thanks.
post #9 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I don't have an HDHomerun, but when watching liveTV can you go through the menu and actually switch to the different tuners manually? Maybe one of them simply isn't working properly or myth isn't properly detecting it... Don't know.
post #10 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Unlike most hardware tuners (USB, PCI, etc.), the HDHomerun doesn't have any kernel drivers, as I understand it. The program (MythTV) just needs to know how to contact it over the network. During the Tuner setup (Backend setup step 2), MythTV finds my HDHomerun on the network, and lets me select both tuner0 and tuner1, and I have added both there (one tuner selecting tuner0, then a second tuner selecting tuner1), which is why I see no reason why it would think it couldn't use the second tuner.

Is there a file that holds my backend configuration that I could post? Would that help to find out what is configured wrong, especially if there is someone that has their HDHomerun dual tuner box working successfully in 0.23 (or even 0.22 for that matter)?
post #11 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 09:10 AM

When you get stuck in these kind of things I like to take mythtv out of the equation just to eliminate any sort of hardware issue. I would get the command line programs from silicon dust and test each tuner to make sure things are working.

If you determine that the silicon dust programs can do their thing then you know it's a mythtv problem. Not that it gets you any further there...

http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/downloads/

I use the Linux programs all the time. The windows binaries also work fine in VirtualBox. You might also want to grab some of the documentation. Their "Development Guide" PDF has command line examples showing how to change channels/programs and saving a stream to a file. Here is that link:

http://www.silicondust.com/support/h.../instructions/

Hope you get further...
post #12 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unlike most hardware tuners (USB, PCI, etc.), the HDHomerun doesn't have any kernel drivers, as I understand it. The program (MythTV) just needs to know how to contact it over the network. During the Tuner setup (Backend setup step 2), MythTV finds my HDHomerun on the network, and lets me select both tuner0 and tuner1, and I have added both there (one tuner selecting tuner0, then a second tuner selecting tuner1), which is why I see no reason why it would think it couldn't use the second tuner.

Is there a file that holds my backend configuration that I could post? Would that help to find out what is configured wrong, especially if there is someone that has their HDHomerun dual tuner box working successfully in 0.23 (or even 0.22 for that matter)?

Yes, I know what the HDHomerun is, I just don't have one. Did you try actually switching tuners while watching livetv? That may help narrow down whether it is a configuration problem with your guide data/setup or recording setup or if one isn't really working with myth (just because you can select it in the setup doesn't mean it's working properly). If you can use both tuners independently in livetv mode that indicates a certain type of problem. Or you could just skip to taking myth out the equation as suggested (which would be my next step).
post #13 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks djb61230.

Mythbuntu 10.04 comes with a nice little GUI utility for the HDHomerun. Using that, I was able to tune in two different QAM channels (It launched VLC display the channel), and have them running simultaneously. This should be an indication that my HDHomerun tuner is working correctly on both tuners. Also, I haven't touched the box for months (it sits under the house), and before I tried messing with the new MythTV, I had no trouble using both tuners in Mythbuntu 9.04 and MythTV 0.21.
post #14 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlinux View Post

Yes, I know what the HDHomerun is, I just don't have one. Did you try actually switching tuners while watching livetv? That may help narrow down whether it is a configuration problem with your guide data/setup or recording setup or if one isn't really working with myth (just because you can select it in the setup doesn't mean it's working properly). If you can use both tuners independently in livetv mode that indicates a certain type of problem. Or you could just skip to taking myth out the equation as suggested (which would be my next step).

I first noticed this problem when I tried to run two frontends at the same time watching live TV. The first one had full usage of all the channels, but the second could only tune other sub channels on the same QAM channel. When using a single frontend, what key do I have to hit to switch tuners during live TV? I tried pulling up the menu last night and saw "Switch Input," but that didn't seem to do anything.
post #15 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I first noticed this problem when I tried to run two frontends at the same time watching live TV. The first one had full usage of all the channels, but the second could only tune other sub channels on the same QAM channel. When using a single frontend, what key do I have to hit to switch tuners during live TV? I tried pulling up the menu last night and saw "Switch Input," but that didn't seem to do anything.

Not at my myth station right now, but you definitely want to do this from one front end. What was happening when you had multiple frontends was that it was using the same tuner and thus restricting you to the same multiplex. I have all my keys changed from the default mapping, but going through the menu is the way to do it (As you did) - if it isn't switching, myth is having a problem with your tuner, which is why it keeps scheduling everything on the same tuner. Does system status show all your tuners as active? What is in your frontend and backend logs when you try to switch inputs?
post #16 of 36 Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, some more weirdness to report.

You asked what happend when I tried to switch inputs from the menu while watching Live TV, and I said nothing happend. That was because there were no options at the time. I found out tonight, that if I am attempting (and failing) to use both tuners by starting Live TV, hitting 'R' to record the current show, go back to main menu, start Live TV again (now only able to tune other sub channels), there are no options when I pick "Switch Input" from the menu. If I am just watching Live TV without recording something else, "Switch Input" has 3 options now:

Tuner0
Tuner1
Tuner1

If I pick either Tuner1 (not sure why there are two), it does indeed seem to switch to Tuner1. I verified this by setting the backend to start on different channels for the two tuners, and switching between them this way does bring in different starting channels. However, if I switch to Tuner1, hit 'R', go back, start Live TV again, I get the same result, only other sub channels on the same QAM channel being recorded. Oh, and when I switch to Tuner1, the options on "Switch Input" become:

Tuner0
Tuner0
Tuner1

Now there are two Tuner0 entries...

So I have come to the conclusion that MythTV does recognize both tuners, and can use them both. It apparently just does not realize that it can use them both at the same time. THIS is what I think needs to be corrected. Question is, how?

Matt

P.S. I'm leaving for a week, so if you post any other suggestions (please do!), I will be unable to try them until I return. Thanks for all your advice so far!
post #17 of 36 Old 07-30-2010, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

The number of tuner0/tuner1 entries is due to multirecord. So if you are watching livetv and you have multirecord set to 2 virtual tuners for each tuner you will only ever see 3 tuners that you can switch two (because you are using 1). So when you are watching livetv (or recording something) on tuner0 you will see one tuner0 input (which will only allow you to switch to channels on the same multiplex) and two tuner1 entries. Similarly if you switch to tuner1 you will have one tuner1 entry and two tuner0 entries. So that behavior is actually correct.

Quote:

I found out tonight, that if I am attempting (and failing) to use both tuners by starting Live TV, hitting 'R' to record the current show, go back to main menu, start Live TV again (now only able to tune other sub channels), there are no options when I pick "Switch Input" from the menu

Is the weird part. I can't figure out why this happens if liveTV works properly when there is no recording. So you are saying that whenever you have a recording going livetv shows you no inputs you can switch to? If you have a recording going on tuner0, and you go to liveTV (and it happens to use tuner0 which it seems it is because it is restricting you to the multiplex) you have no option to switch to either of the tuner1 inputs?

I think you are right, myth definitely sees both tuners but won't let you record on both at the same time. Now, I know you've already looked through your input groups, but take a look again. Maybe manually change the input group 1 of each to DVB0 and DVB1 respectively. I don't know about myth .23 (but I can test it) but in earlier versions of myth input groups only affected recordings, not livetv. So that could possibly explain your behavior (both tuners being in the same input group that isn't the "generic" input group). You might also want th check the "avoid live conflicts with TV" option in mythfrontend if you haven't.

At this point, I'd delete all tuners (not one by one, but use the delete all tuners from the master backend) and start over. Disable multirecord, don't even go to the input group screen - then test live tv, then test recordings and see how that works.

Other than that I don't have any other ideas at the moment...
post #18 of 36 Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 AM

I have nothing significant to add other than woot has the dual tuner HDHR for $85 today!

Have you totally nuked all tuners/guide data/etc from the database and set those up from nothing? Maybe something got corrupted in the upgrade and just needs to be redone.

I have a HDHR and went from 0.21 to 0.22 to 0.23 with no issues whatsoever.
post #19 of 36 Old 07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post

I have nothing significant to add other than woot has the dual tuner HDHR for $85 today!

Have you totally nuked all tuners/guide data/etc from the database and set those up from nothing? Maybe something got corrupted in the upgrade and just needs to be redone.

I don't even need one and I want to buy it at that price just to have it (all of my tuners are PCI tuners - one day I won't have enough PCI slots, but never a worry with an HD Homerun).

Yeah to me it really sounds like something just isn't working right and blowing away the guide and channel data and tuners, might be the way to go. I'd do that just start over the troubleshooting anyway.
post #20 of 36 Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm back. I did not upgrade my existing setup, but instead did a brand new install of Mythbuntu 10.04. I even tried it on two different systems, neither of which was my original 0.21 system. So what I was looking for was the proper steps to setup MythTV 0.23 to use my HDHomerun box. None of the information I have found so far says anything specific about the newer versions of MythTV.

Lost Dog, you say you are running MythTV 0.23 now, and can use both of your HDHomerun tuners at the same time?
post #21 of 36 Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:

I'm back. I did not upgrade my existing setup, but instead did a brand new install of Mythbuntu 10.04. I even tried it on two different systems, neither of which was my original 0.21 system. So what I was looking for was the proper steps to setup MythTV 0.23 to use my HDHomerun box. None of the information I have found so far says anything specific about the newer versions of MythTV.

Lost Dog, you say you are running MythTV 0.23 now, and can use both of your HDHomerun tuners at the same time?

Yeah, I'm running 0.23-fixes and I often use both tuners at once. I honestly don't recall doing anything different when I set up the HDHR in 0.21, 0.22 or 0.23.

Just off the top of my head, You need to set up one source (ATSC or cable, etc) and TWO tuners. You then assign the one source to both tuners. Channel scanning only needs to be done once because that is attached to the source.
post #22 of 36 Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I'm running 0.23-fixes and I often use both tuners at once. I honestly don't recall doing anything different when I set up the HDHR in 0.21, 0.22 or 0.23.

Just off the top of my head, You need to set up one source (ATSC or cable, etc) and TWO tuners. You then assign the one source to both tuners. Channel scanning only needs to be done once because that is attached to the source.

That sounds like what I did when I setup both 0.21 a year ago and 0.23 now. I think I remember setting up 0.22 when Mythbuntu 9.10 came out, and I had similar problems. Are there any other things in step 1 I need to do? Also, what are your input groups set to for the two tuners?
post #23 of 36 Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:

That sounds like what I did when I setup both 0.21 a year ago and 0.23 now. I think I remember setting up 0.22 when Mythbuntu 9.10 came out, and I had similar problems. Are there any other things in step 1 I need to do? Also, what are your input groups set to for the two tuners?

In Capture Cards I have two (one for each HDHR Tuner).

In Video Sources I have one (ATSC - Portland).

In Input Connections I have two (the two capture cards) both pointing to ATSC - Portland). On the second screen in this menu the "Input Group 1" for the first tuner is the first HDHR Tuner (-0). ("Input Group 2" is Generic). The second tuner "Input Group 1" is the second tuner (-1). ("Input Group 2" is Generic).

Did that make sense?
post #24 of 36 Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, perfect sense. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that I have mine setup the same way, and I can't use both tuners at the same time.

Your "ATSC - Portland" is that set to use EIT (Transmitted Guide Only)? Also, what distro are you using?
post #25 of 36 Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, perfect sense. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that I have mine setup the same way, and I can't use both tuners at the same time.

Your "ATSC - Portland" is that set to use EIT (Transmitted Guide Only)? Also, what distro are you using?

I'm running Debian Stable (Lenny) and Schedules Direct for my guide data. At one point I had Comcast and used QAM and had no issues at that time either.

For both tuners do you have "Input Group 2" listed as Generic? I can see how if it's not Generic one Input would hog both tuners. How about setting up multiple multirec recorders for each input?

Wait a minute....

By any chance are you switching between virtual multirec tuners rather than the actual physical tuners? What happens if you schedule two recordings at the same time that are not on the same multplex?
post #26 of 36 Old 08-10-2010, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm running Debian Stable (Lenny) and Schedules Direct for my guide data. At one point I had Comcast and used QAM and had no issues at that time either.

And I'm on Mythbuntu 10.04 (64-bit) and use Transmitted Guide Data only. A couple differences there, not sure if they explain everything going on...

Quote:

For both tuners do you have "Input Group 2" listed as Generic? I can see how if it's not Generic one Input would hog both tuners. How about setting up multiple multirec recorders for each input?

Yes, they were both Generic, and it kept defaulting to a different setting for each tuner for group #1. Tonight though, things are different (see below).

Quote:

Wait a minute....

By any chance are you switching between virtual multirec tuners rather than the actual physical tuners? What happens if you schedule two recordings at the same time that are not on the same multplex?

Before, if I tried scheduling recordings on different channels, it would always say there was a conflict. I don't think it would even let me schedule channels on the same multiplex.

Tonight, I went ahead and nuked both tuners and sources (steps 2 and 3) and started over. I added both HDHomerun tuners in step 2, a single EIT source (called "Simple OTA") in step 3, and connected both tuners to it in step 4. I only scanned for channels using the first tuner, and simply skipped channel scanning on the second. For whatever reason, now it is able to use both tuners at the same time. At first, when I tried to record 2 shows on different multiplexes, it went ahead and used tuners 1 and 2, but when I tried to add a third show on the same multiplex as one of the other recordings, it said there was a conflict. I tried again a little later, and this time, it did record two shows on one tuner and a third on the second one, but said conflict when I tried to add a 4th show on the same multiplex as the tuner only recording one show. So, I don't know exactly what I did differently, but I seem to be able to record 3 shows at once now. I will try and check my settings one more time to find out why it was able to double up on one tuner but not the other. Newlinux suggested disabling multirecord, how do I do that? I noticed there was a setting somewhere in step 2 or 4 talking about maximum number of recordings, and I think both were set to 2. Would setting these to 1 disable multirecord, or is there another setting somewhere?

Also tonight, I noticed that with this new setup, if I go to try and change inputs during LiveTV, I no longer see an option to switch to the same tuner I am using. For example, if I am using Tuner0 for LiveTV, I only see two Tuner1 entries. Newlinux's answer about why I see the two Tuner1 entries made sense, I'm just not sure why my single Tuner0 entry disappeared.

Also, it still seems to be writing to the log file a lot when doing the EIT scan (see #2 in the first post). Not sure if anyone has any ideas about this.

EDIT: I found out why it only recorded one show on Tuner0. That setting about maximum recordings somehow got set to 1. After I changed it to 2, I can now schedule 4 shows at once, provided they are on only two different multiplexes. Also, I now have 3 entries again when switching inputs during LiveTV. So that part of my problem seems to be fixed, not sure how, but I'll take it.
post #27 of 36 Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

You had already disabled multirecord on one of your tuners if the maximum recordings was set to one (giving you a total of 3 tuners, so when you were in livetv, one was being used, so it only left you with two choices), so that was the issue. I only recommended disabling it as a troubleshooting step - since it seems to be working right now, I'd keep it at 2 for both tuners so you can record the maximum of 4 shows at once (on two different multiplexes).

If you had 2 different sources setup before that was most likely your problem. If two tuners have exactly the same set of channels you definitely only want 1 source, and you should only need to scan with one tuner to populate that source. Glad you have it all worked out now.
post #28 of 36 Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

That seems to be my conclusion as well. The only reason I had setup two video sources before was to see if that fixed the issue (which it didn't). And I'm not sure how the one tuner got set to only 1 recording at a time. I was setting up my backend over VNC, and it is pretty sluggish most of the time, so I have a feeling I set it to 1 without realizing it.

I'm going to try another "from scratch" install of Mythbuntu 10.04 on my other system (Core2) and see if I can achieve the same results. I'll see if I can figure out exactly what was causing it to act up, and try to put together a list of dos and don'ts for setting up recent versions of MythTV and a HDHomerun tuner.
post #29 of 36 Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM

Did you ever reinstall and try to reproduce this problem? I'm experiencing the same issue as you described it in only being able to watch a channel on the second frontend that's on the same frequency as the the first frontend.

This is my first Myth install, so it could be something stupid that I'm doing, but I deleted all the channels, then deleted the only SD video source I've been testing with and the capture cards and then reconfigured everything and still have the same issue. The input group 1 is unique for each hdhr tuner, and then max recordings for each tuner is set to 2. I see four encoders on the mythweb status screen, but it only uses the first two when all four are available. As a test I deleted just the first tuner (tuner 0) and just had encoder 3 and 4 available and was able to successfully use the second tuner. I just can't get them both going at the same time.
post #30 of 36 Old 08-19-2010, 05:24 AM

Well, I may have found the bug report and some other discussion where LiveTV doesn't always choose the best tuner. Apparently (according to this), it's typically limited to just LiveTV and not multiple recordings. I haven't gotten around to testing much else yet.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4989
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/369358

If this is the same issue, then apparently it's been confusing to a lot of others for a while.
Reply HTPC - Linux Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page