What can be done with xtreamer MK1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2013, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an xtreamer MK1. Amazingly it can bitstream truehd and dts-ma and play full size blueray 1080p even with the slow 100mbps lan. I hate the GUI. I have tried flashing o!play as well and not really happy with that either. What else can be done with this box? Is there a gui more reminiscent of xbmc I can hack on somehow? Are there good resources for hacking this box? Help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by skkkkk View Post

I have an xtreamer MK1. Amazingly it can bitstream truehd and dts-ma and play full size blueray 1080p even with the slow 100mbps lan. I hate the GUI. I have tried flashing o!play as well and not really happy with that either. What else can be done with this box? Is there a gui more reminiscent of xbmc I can hack on somehow? Are there good resources for hacking this box? Help...

I'm not sure that you'd need to go through as much effort as you are thinking. I have not done this, but the way I would prefer to use an Android box is explained here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156099

and accordingly (again I haven't used it myself) with Gotham your XBMC "programs" menu should have Android apps post #13

I thought advanced launcher would eventually be modified to take care of launching Android apps within XBMC, but I don't believe that has occurred to date
Reply HTPC - Linux Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page