Dolby prologic ii pc soundcards II - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Below has been c/p:

Just got a new, well old coreduo, pc which I use in my family room. I have analog 5.1 speakers(green, black, orange 3.5mm). Using the onboard sound, I noticed options(levels) were not working eg, sub slider does nothing. So I dug out my audigy 2 zs and to my surprize, no "surround sound", or prologic. If that wasn't bad enough, there wasn't even any sliders to adjust center, rear...etc.

That is not why I am posting this. I'm waiting for my wife to give me the "go ahead" to purchase a low profile(pcie) with digital out soundcard for my htpc. This runs win7 and I'd like to have full control of my speaker levels and Dolby Digital.

I'm looking for a suggestion as to what soundcard would fit what I need, and also if anyone has input on my audigy2 software limitations.

Thanks.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm not running linux on this machine, figured someone could help me anyways with win7 side of os'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does your receiver have options for optical, or HDMI input, if you have an old graphics card that supports HDMI sound output and your receiver has the inputs then that might be an option for getting good sound to your receiver.

This is a linux forum so lots of folks just use optical out and get PCM, and that works for some folks. It is not like Windows in order for your receiver to display all the formats the stream needs that information or your receiver needs to take the input and output the proper format.

Also don't forget USB, and other options also do a little research will help you out as well, lots of good options are available but many ways to work that problem. It all depends on your equipment, do you plan on playing blu-ray, MKV files and whatnot if in a few months you plan on upgrading that might be a factor as well.

Rthoreau
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, usb, good one!!! I was only looking for low profile. Thanks for reminding about that option. I feel silly now biggrin.gif