AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

410 Linux Drivers

856 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dwk123 
#1 ·
I've got an extra hard drive around, and the Linux thread has me motivated, so I'm going to throw a Linux partition on my HTPC. Question's about drivers for the 410. I couldn't find any on M-Audio's site, but I've read that they are supported. ALSA's site says use the ice1712 driver. Is that what I should use, or does M-Audio have different drivers?

Also, I'm assuming I'll use digital out instead of the analog outs for the time being (at least for watching DVD). But what control is available for multi-channel analog outs? I'm assuming that the level of control available through the current Windows drivers isn't available through Linux currently. Is this true? And if so, are there plans to implement that control for Linux (I guess this is a Cliff question)? Thanks.

#3 ·
For some reason this moved post wont show up unless I bump it...

Possibly due to the last post being older than the forum....

#4 ·
ALSA has very good support for the envy24/ice1712 based M-Audio cards. I use a Delta 66 with very good results. Unfortunately, the 410 uses some different parts for volume control etc, and I don't know what the current support for them is. I would expect that they will appear relatively soon if they aren't there already. There are a fair number of programs out there that support multichannel ALSA output.

ForeFront produces the commercial OSS drivers for the Delta cards. Based on my experience with the Delta 66 drivers, these are actually very good, although there are relatively few programs out there that support multichannel OSS output. The OSS stuff would be great for multi-zone output, though.

I doubt that M-Audio or Cliff will spend any effort on Linux drivers, since ForeFront already produces the OSS drivers. On the Alsa side, Envy24control typically provides individual channel volume control, but not the bass mgmt features in the windows drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.