ati hdtv wonder w/ myth + comcast - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-10-2006, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
myth .20 w/ ubuntu 6.10.

now, i know i have some unencrypted channels out there. for instance, fox is 87-1, and cbs hd is 87-2. the myth wiki says the hdtv wonder can get unencrypted channels, but every time i try to scan, it doesnt show up as anything.

I cant add them with zap2it because they only list the channels as if they would show up on a cable box, e.g., 803 for cbs, or 861 for fox.

so how the heck do i tune in these channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-10-2006, 07:29 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple
myth .20 w/ ubuntu 6.10.

now, i know i have some unencrypted channels out there. for instance, fox is 87-1, and cbs hd is 87-2. the myth wiki says the hdtv wonder can get unencrypted channels, but every time i try to scan, it doesnt show up as anything.

I cant add them with zap2it because they only list the channels as if they would show up on a cable box, e.g., 803 for cbs, or 861 for fox.

so how the heck do i tune in these channels?
Only the early ATI HDTV Wonders were capable of tuning QAM. The later models (and the models currently selling) no longer support it. You may have got one of these versions.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I bought my hdtv wonder years ago. How do I find out?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee Boy
Only the early ATI HDTV Wonders were capable of tuning QAM. The later models (and the models currently selling) no longer support it. You may have got one of these versions.
There has been no change whatsoever to the card. I believe this rumour just got started based on the current wording contained in a footnote on the DVB wiki (specifically: "Some may have had sucess. Recent attempts using currently shipping boards have failed"). Unfortunately, contents of wikis aren't always correct or up-to-date, something that both the Myth and V4L-DVB wikis do indeed suffer from, so I wouldn't draw up any implications from some unvetted statement on one of those wikis.

triple, I don't have an exact answer for you. I believe that there is a lowlevel problem that needs resolving/correcting with the firmware for the nxt2004 demodulator. Currently, as you likely realize, the firmware being used comes from the Aver A180 cards (which use a Alps front end). Utilizing that firmware in conjunction with the Philips TUV1236D frontend hardware (found on the ATI, Kworld, etc etc cards) appears to be an imperfect match. Now, while some individuals with cards based on the Philips frontend have had success receiving digital cable on their provider's system, others have had no luck whatsoever. I would speculate that this discrepency lies in the fact that there are different types of cable systems in place and that, for those who are unsuccessful, the hardware-firmware interface in the ATI cards is not configured or switched properly because of using the A180 firmware.
Closed Thread HTPC - Linux Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page