post #1621 of 2014 Old 08-10-2010, 06:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhelmut View Post

Sorry to say, but with the firmwareupdate you will loose all your settings and calibrations, you cannot store it; you have to note it;

on the other way I would recommend a new calibration. Firmwareupdate will also affect the videoprocessing. Settings based on the older firmware are often not okay with the new firmware

But doing the settings and the calibration new with the LUMIS running on the latest firmware, you will win in a better picture

hhelmut

Which firmware version are you talking about?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2014 Old 08-14-2010, 07:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

SETTING UP IP ON THE LUMIS

SEt up a static IP address but when I go to the Lumis web page (typing in the IP address), it immediately asks for a USERNAME and PASSWORD.

I have no idea... What is the default USERNAME/PASSWORD???

Thanks!

EDIT: I set the password but no idea on the USER NAME (no info in the manual). Can ping it so I know it's trying ro talk to me!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #1623 of 2014 Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Nobody has set up an IP protocol??

post #1624 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

CM,

You da man! My dynamic iris had become so bad, I had to disengage it.

I have watched 3-4 movies since following your Dynamic Iris fix protocol (above) and my dynamic iris is fixed!!!

No issues what so ever. I actually forgot it was broken and had to check my menu just to see if I even had Dynamic Iris engaged.. I did!

Thanks!

No problem, and yes I am indeed "da man".

I have given up the wearing of standard clothing, and adorn myself exclusively in the robes of a Guru. This has also had the unintended side benefit of knocking 23.4s off the time required for a dump.

Glad it worked out for you. It did for a couple of others too.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #1625 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 05:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

I used the term "Hydro" s a kid

I used "knock up" in the UK. Entirely different affect in the U.S.
Got a ride from a girl a few times ... neither one of us had a car.

Dennis Erskine CFI, CFII, MEI
Architectural Acoustics
Subject Matter Expert
Certified Home Theater Designer
CEDIA Board of Directors

post #1626 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Bland, what year is that Pinot? Sounds tasty.

BTW, anyone change out their bulb yet? I'm going on 2k+ hrs. with no complaints
post #1627 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

'06. But all years are generally very good! Savoya ideally as I haven't tasted from their other vineyard.

post #1628 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1 View Post

BTW, anyone change out their bulb yet? I'm going on 2k+ hrs. with no complaints

Changed my bulb at a little over 1900 hours and I'm keeping it as an emergency backup just in case...
post #1629 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Gary16

Was the new bulb a big improvement? I've been running on lowest power and wonder if that's preserved life somehow as it does not seem dim at all. Although everything still looks awesome, I subjectively do not experience the punch and slam that I recall when the Lumis was first installed. Not sure if this is because I'm just used to it now or it's bulb changing time. Upping the bulb power doesn't seem to do much and it was calibrated for me awesomely in March at lowest bulb setting by umr for 15ftL.

Thanks
Owen
post #1630 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1 View Post

Gary16

Was the new bulb a big improvement? I've been running on lowest power and wonder if that's preserved life somehow as it does not seem dim at all. Although everything still looks awesome, I subjectively do not experience the punch and slam that I recall when the Lumis was first installed. Not sure if this is because I'm just used to it now or it's bulb changing time. Upping the bulb power doesn't seem to do much and it was calibrated for me awesomely in March at lowest bulb setting by umr for 15ftL.

Thanks
Owen

To my pleasant surprise, I noticed very little difference with the new bulb (unlike previous non-Sim projectors where the new bulb made a major difference). I ran the previous bulb (and this one) on the lowest setting at all times. I agree that upping the power on the bulb doesn't seem to change much. So I continue to be thrilled with the Lumis' performance.
post #1631 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I recently had SIM2 change my bulb while my Lumis was in for a hardware and firmware upgrade ( I had a very early Lumis and couldn't upgrade the firmware without a physical hardware upgrade, which was free ). I always suspected that my original bulb wasn't as bright as some others, and the fact that I had the firmware freeze up problem when accessing the on screen menu, which meant I had to cut power to turn off the projector, probably didn't help the bulb either.

No more menu freeze ups, and it's a nice freak'n 22+ foot lamberts at it's lowest setting - just the way I like it. Hopefully I'll get 2000 hours out of this bulb !!

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #1632 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What is the name of the connector type used in the HOST Trigger jacks?!

My wiring has come loose and it is nearly impossible for me to solidly connect it to the 2.5mm Mini Audio Jack on my Cineslide?

Anyone make a cable with this unknown connector and a 2.5mm mini mono audio jack?

post #1633 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
If it's loose you need to pull it out. You don't want to short that output and kill the circuit inside the host. I'll fix it for you if you have the Sim2 jack end. Answered the PM.

post #1634 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If you have not figured it out yet, I believe it is a "M" type power connector. I found some at Radio Shack to make my trigger cables. I don't know why they cant use the standard 3.5mm connector that everyone else uses. That goes for you too Scott
post #1635 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal87 View Post

If you have not figured it out yet, I believe it is a "M" type power connector. I found some at Radio Shack to make my trigger cables. I don't know why they cant use the standard 3.5mm connector that everyone else uses. That goes for you too Scott

That's it! I assume you soldered it. The wires on my 2.5 mini jack are incredible thin - too tough for me... Fortunately, Scott is going to give me a hand.

post #1636 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal87 View Post

I know, I know, sorry . Mine are 2.5 becasue that's all the room I had on the PCB to get the little buggers in there. I had to get (2) trigers, a power plug, and (2) RS232 ports(done via a single RJ45 to save real estate), onto about 2.something inches width leaving room for mechanicals, harnesses, and a rear cover. There was no room to spare. Sim2 doesn't have such an excuse in a host box anyway . I considered changing mine to 3.5 but that would mean a new main PCB and thus a new CE and FCC compliance test would be required. About $14,000, if you pass. Unless the ecomony picked WAY up, 2.5mm they stay. But we stock them and provide them reasonably when requested, with nice moulded cables.

post #1637 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:

That's it! I assume you soldered it. The wires on my 2.5 mini jack are incredible thin - too tough for me... Fortunately, Scott is going to give me a hand.

The thinnest thing I ever hand soldered was a SDI Mod I did to my Denon DVD player. Had to solder tiny wires to an on board chip so small I needed magnifying glasses to see it's legs! That was nerve racking. But it worked. I LOVE that player. Wish everything was SDI. What a fabulous interface in every way. I don't know what DA thought up HDMI. I dislike every thing about it. But I digress...

post #1638 of 2014 Old 09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Yes, I soldered it, but I suck at soldering too. I have already had to redo one of them once. If I don't disturb them too much, I'm ok.
post #1639 of 2014 Old 09-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

If you weren't already, the way to solder them is to use a liquid flux (pen). The flux allows the solder to stick to the metal of the jack without having to get it so hot you melt the wire insulation.

post #1640 of 2014 Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

NETWORK CONTROL BY IP LUMIS UPDATE:

At CEDIA today.

1. Spoke to SIM2 Engineers today. There is no LAN / IP control of the Lumis / Host. Newer models will do it but the Network control in the Lumis menu is only for the Calibration software.

2. For Iris Pumping: reload the latest software and to CM's ON/OFF regimen.

post #1641 of 2014 Old 09-29-2010, 05:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Noticed cross-hatch (internal pattern) is clipped on the bottom 1 ft of the screen while the other internal pattern that highlights the edges fills the 16:9 screen perfectly.

Is this the way that crosshatch pattern is?

Took a couple photos... Sorry about the less than crisp photo!

I would reload the firmware. Anyone have 3.14.16 and the loader software to send me? almightyblando@hotmail.com

Thanks!

post #1642 of 2014 Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Sent it your way. Never seen what you are describing though.
post #1643 of 2014 Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Everything else is fine. Bug of some sort.

post #1644 of 2014 Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

New LUMIS firmware: 3.14.52

post #1645 of 2014 Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

New LUMIS firmware: 3.14.52

Send me a copy?
post #1646 of 2014 Old 10-02-2010, 09:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

You bet!

post #1647 of 2014 Old 10-18-2010, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
I hope everyone is still enjoying their Lumis as much as we are. After watching I Am Legend and Avatar ( both really fine looking Blu Rays IMO ) this weekend with friends, I was reminded of just how stunning a really great High Def movie ( or TV show for that matter ) can look on the Lumis !!!

post #1648 of 2014 Old 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

I hope everyone is still enjoying their Lumis as much as we are. After watching I Am Legend and Avatar ( both really fine looking Blu Rays IMO ) this weekend with friends, I was reminded of just how stunning a really great High Def movie ( or TV show for that matter ) can look on the Lumis !!!

Still smokin' here. Watched some sport today on an 11ft wide screen at 28fL and still had some lamp power to kick upto well over 30 if needed.

A seductive mistress indeed.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #1649 of 2014 Old 10-18-2010, 01:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mine, too. Looks great! My only complaint is some movies trip the dynamic Iris. I have to reset it on occasion. Just watched Last of the Mohicans, an incredibly dark film shot mostly in low light. The dynamic iris had a tough time with it. Switched it off and all was excellent. I am starting to think that though the dynamic iris is good for most movies, it is not for all movies..

post #1650 of 2014 Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am starting to think that though the dynamic iris is good for most movies, it is not for all movies..

I think your correct. Funny though, both those last two movies looked outstanding and the DI was totally invisible. The Blind Side - not so good with the DI on. What gives? I wonder if the engineers that design and build the things even know?

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page