LJG
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Ceenhad, it is your fault for recommending a copper substitute ,.

The whole benefit of the fiber optic cable is to decouple any electrical interference. Frankly I would not do a SuperKontrast with any other cable but a fiber optic. Not that they won't work, but the fiber gives you peace of mind.

Peter:

On your recommendation just ordered the 30' optical cable whats another $400????

I spoke to Ray from DVI and he said the 25' SHR Copper cable should have been fine, he described my issue as a TMBS Noise....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 712 Old 09-25-2009, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i think you mean TMDS not sure what TMBS noise is.

Proud Daddy to Anastasia and Christopher.
Born October 26 2005.

Ob was the delivery doc.

Since i cannot rant on a soapbox in the town square...
http://commonsensehasdied.blogspot.com/
post #93 of 712 Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Yes, thanks OK, I think the issue is the internal processing of the Titan, If I connect the DVI cable to the 3D Main Input (This input bypasses all the internal processing) the 1080P24 plays perfectly.
post #94 of 712 Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Just ran 10 meter DVIgear Fiber Optice cable, result same issues, so issue is not cable related
post #95 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It's the Lumagen. I just saw the exact same artifact last night on a Qualia connected to the Radiance at roughly <10 IRE in the images. I wasn't constant like a hum bars, but there were dstinct noise lines horizontally through the low-level areas of the image.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #96 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

No its NOT, I spent 3 days pulling apart my theater replacing ALL my hdmi cables and pulling the Radiance out of the Mix, I ran my Sony BDPs1, and my Pioneet BDP09-FD, and my Axonix Media Deck direct to the Titan with DVIgear Fiber Optic cable and the F####ng video noise is there, it is the F####NGD TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #97 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 09:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Lon sorry to hear this. You are probably going to have to pull the projector and send it in for service unless they can diagnose it via the phone and send you a board. They have a pretty good tech & if I remember correct his name was "Kevin" who was very knowledgeable. See if they can put you through to him. Good luck.
post #98 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Hi Alan:

With Peters assistance I am awaiting the NY area DPI service tech to look at the projector, Peter has been great in his assistance and diligence but to be honest I am a bit disappointed in DPI's handling of this situation. I have another open issue with DPI which I thought was resolved but DPI seems to be back pedaling on that also.

The 1080P3D Dual Titan is DPI's consumer flag ship projector, sending a new projector back for repair is not an available option as far as I am concerned.

Again Peter has been wonderfull, and DPI's handling of my situation should in no way be a negative reflection of Peter and Cineramax
post #99 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
'Sorry dude, I saw that artifact last night and thought of this thread- I wasn't trying to raise your ire. I worked with Kevin on a Mercury that I had serviced earlier this year; he's a good guy and knows his stuff. Good luck on the issue- I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly, especially with my demo coming up- I really don't need technical issues to arise for that.

I'll be in touch via PM to learn more about what you've gone through, it's important to me to have a reliable vendor that takes care of the client.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #100 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Whilst not wishing to play down the problem on 1080P24 input (or point out that I did not suggest the optical cable) it is worth noting that you may actually find some benefits from running directly in to the 3D inputs at all times. These inputs have a very different processing path to the standard connector and with the Radience you may actually find there are appreciable image benefits. Just make sure you do all the calibration work in the Radience and you will be set.

Hope this issue gets resolved quickly. Unfortunately I have no influence on the US guys but can flag this to the factory if you don't feel you are getting satisfaction.

Neil Davidson - Visit my facebook page
post #101 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

I asked Alan to merge this thread into my thread here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1164389
post #102 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post

'Sorry dude, I saw that artifact last night and thought of this thread- I wasn't trying to raise your ire. I worked with Kevin on a Mercury that I had serviced earlier this year; he's a good guy and knows his stuff. Good luck on the issue- I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly, especially with my demo coming up- I really don't need technical issues to arise for that.

I'll be in touch via PM to learn more about what you've gone through, it's important to me to have a reliable vendor that takes care of the client.

Dan

No problem as you can tell I'm a bit touchy on the subject right now.

Dan, thanks for trying to help
post #103 of 712 Old 10-04-2009, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceenhad View Post

Whilst not wishing to play down the problem on 1080P24 input (or point out that I did not suggest the optical cable) it is worth noting that you may actually find some benefits from running directly in to the 3D inputs at all times. These inputs have a very different processing path to the standard connector and with the Radience you may actually find there are appreciable image benefits. Just make sure you do all the calibration work in the Radience and you will be set.

Hope this issue gets resolved quickly. Unfortunately I have no influence on the US guys but can flag this to the factory if you don't feel you are getting satisfaction.

3 D input is not an option for me as there are no projector menus, or presets available, and my ILS lens would be useless. Neal I never said you suggested the fiber optic cable but I went the extra yards to totally rule out the cables. I did try your suggestion of the SHR DVIgear cables also
post #104 of 712 Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

NY Service tech scheduled for 12 today hopefully it is just a bad board in the processor
post #105 of 712 Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Crossing fingers, break a leg.
post #106 of 712 Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

NY tech came it seems they need to replace the Main electronics assembly with 3D side board, the good news is it is field installable.....
post #107 of 712 Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

LL
post #108 of 712 Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

All is well in Titan land, DPI offered numerous solutions to the 24P issue, which included field replacement of the electonics assembly and 3D board by their senior field engineer. DPI generously offered a brand new replacement unit for November delivery which I felt was the best solution for my situation, so that is what I accepted.

So at this point I am happy to say 100% of all the issues have been resolved to my 100% satisfaction.

Thank you again Peter, of Cineramax, for nudging DPI's executives on my behalf.

I think anyone in the Chicago area should definately check out Dan Francis demo of the Titan 3D 1080P Dual Ultra Conrast with the Mechcyne 3D sources here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1182248
post #109 of 712 Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Still waiting for replacement projector, promised early November, and no closer to a replacement than Ocober 17...
post #110 of 712 Old 11-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
@ LJG

maybe you have to wait longer, based on the fact to promise will be easy, but to do...

I don´t want to bash you, but this situation will be very well known to me

hhelmut
post #111 of 712 Old 11-24-2009, 06:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I too am more dreadfully embarrassed that the manufacturer is not meeting their promised deadlines. We are talking about the number One or Two High end Reference consumer projection company, perhaps their recent taking over of a bunch of Runco business is costing Lon and I dearly.

If the projector were modular like Barco it perhaps would be easier... but you never know.

I am pushing the vendor as much as I can, but again my apologies. This was beyond any expectations. The previous Titan Reference was a very robust machine, I do not know what could have happened... me thinks it is the cost of rapid expansion.
post #112 of 712 Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Peter:

No need for you to apologize or feel embarrassed regarding DPI, I know you have done everything you can as a dealer to support me.

I have looked through my emails since July, when we first discovered an issue with the projector which may have been related to shipping, and not neccesarilly DPI, but non the less the projector received was not in conformity to what I ordered or what you had on your purchase order.

I/we were asked to be patient and what until after Cedia for the initial issue to be resolved, I agreed, and prior to Cedia I emailed our contact (VP of Home Cinema) regarding this and reminding him of his promise to take care of this as soon as Cedia was finished.

The VP of Home Cinema ignored my emails prior to Cedia and then after Cedia, and at that time I asked you to get involved again. The VP of Home Cinema then began to back track on his promise.

Soon thereafter I discovered the 1080P24 issue, after many ignored emails I was promised a replacement early November, the 2nd week in November I inquired again as I had not heard anything, my emails went unanswered again, and again I asked you to get involved, your email was ignored and again I asked you to get a response. The VP of Home Cinema replied that it was now a "service issue", and he would forward everything to the VP of Operations for immediate action, that was last week and still have not heard a sound from them.

I bit my tongue for 5 months but enough is enough
post #113 of 712 Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Lon,
What the hell is going on ? I'd be in the corner in the fetal position sucking my thumb after that long.

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #114 of 712 Old 11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
AAAHHH... what comfort you bring, thumb...

If I was up with things and twittering, I would type #fail on this one:

Mission Statement:
To earn the highest level of customer satisfaction by providing world-class customer services guided by quality, courtesy, timeliness and integrity. To lead the large-screen display industry by profitably delivering projection products that provide unique solutions for the most discerning customers.

For every employee of Digital Projection International, these are not just words. It's the way we've done business since 1989. As a company, we strive to meet the changing demands of the industry by providing the world's most profound display solutions, but the core values we uphold - dedication, hard work and superior customer services - are just as important.
post #115 of 712 Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhelmut View Post

@ljg

based on the fact to promise will be easy, but to....

hhelmut

Well said
post #116 of 712 Old 11-25-2009, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Lon,
What the hell is going on ? I'd be in the corner in the fetal position sucking my thumb after that long.

Art

Well thank goodness it happened to me not you, that visualization gives me the Hebe Jebbe's
post #117 of 712 Old 11-26-2009, 01:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post

Well thank goodness it happened to me not you, that visualization gives me the Hebe Jebbe's

And so it should !

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #118 of 712 Old 11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Did you pay by credit card?
post #119 of 712 Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post

Did you pay by credit card?

As much as I am disapointed in DPI's total mishandling of my situation I am extremely confident that it would never escalate to that point......

I can't say I wasn't warned prior to my purchase of DPI's reputation, I falsely hoped that they had matured into a high end reference manaufacturer with equal customer support.

I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING FOR SURE THEY WILL NOT MAINTAIN ANY SHARE OF RUNCO BUSINESS WITH DEALER/CUSTOMER SUPPORT LIKE THIS, ESPECIALLY RUNCO BUSINESS WHOSE DEALERS AND CUSTOMERS EXPECT CUSTOMER SERVICE SECOND TO NONE
post #120 of 712 Old 12-05-2009, 05:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post

I falsely hoped that they had matured into a high end reference manaufacturer with equal customer support.

What is happening here is a big shame, a complete ignorance of all behaviour rules towards a customer. And the top of the news is, that this phenomenon not only happened once:

CHRISTIE HD6K-M Lon and I exchanged emails no end, 7 months, hundreds of hours and Christie never got tired to say that their DI is considered to be complete. Thanks to an AVS member we got direct contact to the the product management and as soon as we sent them some graphs they suddenly had to admit that their DI is not performing as it should.

PROJECTIONDESIGN The next unit that looked promising. After aksing for specs for over 12 months I hoped that the new Helios will deliver a sensational quality. But everybody who read W. Mayers test report was able to see, that the next dissapointment is on the road again. As far as I heard from somebody who should know it, they did nothing to improve the performance, there are still no serious numbers available and their opinion is that the unit is ready for sale.

DIGITAL PROJECTION TITAN This seems to be a real adventure of the third kind, why are they not able to tell the truth and a correct timeline?

All these high-end units are offered for high end prices >40K to >70K but those brands forgot to tell us that there is no high end customer care included. It looks like that these maunufacturers may think that we are stupid and that we have to be glad to eat what they serve us. It is very dissapointing that this happens to a very nice and friendly guy, who is so well known on the forum and offered his help in so many situations.

MY SUMMARY A guy who is involved in the AV business for many many years told me, that the only company that has been correct and serious in the partnership with him for decades (!) was Sim2. This was a kind of eye opener for me and concerning future decisions I will take reliability and service much more into account then before.

Lon, good luck, all the best!!! Somehow everything will turn out good.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page