Theta Digital Bluray player. - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2014, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi jeff

thanks that's really helpful because i m going to pick one tm,how about dobly true hd?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe the same to be true, good for analog, but not SPDIF.

Dave
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Dave7 is spot on. Lossless audio, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, are available via HDMI or decoded via analog.

Jeff
Old 03-06-2014, 08:06 AM

thanks all

so excited.....just waiting go home n compare to my 09

by the way,do i need to update firmware?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by claero View Post

thanks all

so excited.....just waiting go home n compare to my 09

by the way,do i need to update firmware?

Check the Theta Digital website for the latest firmware, as your Compli Blu may or may not have the latest.

Keep in mind, the Compli Blu retains analog out.

However, the Compli Blu 3d is strictly a digital transport with no analog outs.

Since you are using analog outs, clearly you have the Compli Blu and not the  Compli Blu 3d.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 PM

hi

yes , its non 3d vesion , mainly i will use hdmi but i m interest hows the analog section compare to pioneer 09 since i used for few years with excellent performance .

by the way , i cannot get any signal , it did flash for one second with sound n video ,but after the first n the only once, always display no signal nomatter how i changed the resolution .any user here have idea ? please advice

thanks a lot
Old 03-07-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:

hi

yes , its non 3d vesion , mainly i will use hdmi but i m interest hows the analog section compare to pioneer 09 since i used for few years with excellent performance .

by the way , i cannot get any signal , it did flash for one second with sound n video ,but after the first n the only once, always display no signal nomatter how i changed the resolution .any user here have idea ? please advice

thanks a lot

Re no audio or video signal - tell us if you are using HDMI input from what component, are you playing a  blu ray or CD, etc. Hard to diagnose without complete info on what you are doing.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM

thanks for your help

,i m using hdmi to meridian hd621 n either to my tv or projector,both can't get signal,i guess bevause my tv n projector was too old may be......i think the only way was buy a newer model of projetor
Old 03-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:

thanks for your help

,i m using hdmi to meridian hd621 n either to my tv or projector,both can't get signal,i guess bevause my tv n projector was too old may be......i think the only way was buy a newer model of projetor

Yea, your problem is not the Theta Compli Blu with its HDMI out, but "sounds" like an issue with your tv or projector. Do you or a friend have a "later" model HDTV to try out the Compli Blu HDMI out on - that would clearly narrow it down .

Old 03-07-2014, 10:35 PM

hi

i tested with panasonic ae3000 ,ae4000 , epson tw2000 n 2 of my tv as well , neither one can work directly from compli, the best i got was the theta logo flashing all the way, i m curious that i guess theta compli blu ((non 3d)was about same age as ae4000 right ?

i knew the meridian hd621 will be one of the izzue , it also can't worked with ae3000 or 4000 either,but if i connected directly from pioneer 09 or ps3 ,its ok ,but pass thu hd621 then cannot get any signal . the epson tw 2000 was ok even using 09 or ps3 thu 621, but theta blu cannot connect .

so if i said epson tw2000 was ok for hd621 but if match with theta compli it wont worked ,so i m confusing ....should i buy a new projector or bluray ? or i have to bring both bluray n 621 tested before i paid?

please advice.

thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:

hi

i tested with panasonic ae3000 ,ae4000 , epson tw2000 n 2 of my tv as well , neither one can work directly from compli, the best i got was the theta logo flashing all the way, i m curious that i guess theta compli blu ((non 3d)was about same age as ae4000 right ?

i knew the meridian hd621 will be one of the izzue , it also can't worked with ae3000 or 4000 either,but if i connected directly from pioneer 09 or ps3 ,its ok ,but pass thu hd621 then cannot get any signal . the epson tw 2000 was ok even using 09 or ps3 thu 621, but theta blu cannot connect .

so if i said epson tw2000 was ok for hd621 but if match with theta compli it wont worked ,so i m confusing ....should i buy a new projector or bluray ? or i have to bring both bluray n 621 tested before i paid?

please advice.

thanks

Who knows what your "problem" is? It could even be a bad HDMI cable - HDMI connection sucks and I have had stuff like this happen and replacing the cable solved the problem. Try it but no guarentees. Though the fact that you got your Theta logo over hDMI indicates that the Theta player's HDMI output is indeed working. Yet again, when the cable is bad, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think you have a problem of the video settings whether the Theta Compli Blu Ray player or the video monitor or projector. Might well be a EDID issue, something I do not profess to have much understanding or experience of. You might try posting this issue at the HDMI subforum and see if anyone can help you there. Nothing more I can say.Sorry.