post #991 of 2135 Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post

My demo unit is due in the next production run, so if you'd like to play with one, you're welcome to come see it (once I have it installed, you can play to your hearts content and I can just reload my file and we're back up and running).

Dan

Dan thanks for the info and appreciate the offer, I'm due for a trip down to Chicago in the near future - so perhaps I can get some hands on with it then.

I also have all my subs handled by external EQ...

Was searching for this - is ADA going to be having iphone/android apps for their units....? I already have my entire entire 2 way communication on my android phone and tablet for XBMC for both systems... would be nice to not need a second remote... for volume control amongst other things...

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 2135 Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
As far as the App thing is concerned, the answer is "kind of". There is development of a product called the profiler that was intended for the multiroom systems- to allow user A and user B to never fight over the sources; that system (profiler) uses an app developed by a third-party. That's the closest I've seen. Of course there's always irule and the global cache devices, or small control systems like AMX, Control4, Crestron and Savant. I'll let you know how Savant pairs once our demo shows up.

RTI has had accurate IR commands for the Rhapsodys for 3 generations now.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #993 of 2135 Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a custom designed and built Crestron module for my CR MACH IV B that allows full control and monitoring...it can be used in any Crestron system [i.e. iPad, iTouch, TPMC, etc.]...the only PITA in porting between touch panels is the need to redo the graphics to scale but at least the core programming is there...

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
post #994 of 2135 Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Liked: 12
Does anyone know the RRP on the Trinnov EQ units (TEQ-4,TEQ-8 & TEQ-12).

I apologise if this has been mentioned in the thread already.

Blade
post #995 of 2135 Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Update:
Demo Rhapsody shipped on Tues, arrived Fri. and has been installed. It took all of 20 minutes of Savant changes and a phone call to realize we forgot to draw a line in the software for video connection to Lumagen- and poof! works perfectly with Savant.

It took me a little longer than normal for the physical installation because I had to reconfigure the way HDMI was routed, and undo all the ties to the lacing bars.

So far I've only had the time to start the eq process on the front L,R speakers- I have much more time in front of me listening to pink noise......

So far so good, though. My overall feedback is that it's more articulate a than the Halcro was, especially in the bass. To me it's a much better tool- it does it's job and gets out of the way. I can't wait to hear the system once I'm done with the eq'ing.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #996 of 2135 Old 07-23-2011, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I think the Trinnov 12 channel is 16k, the 8 channel is 12k, and the 4 channel is 8k. But don't quote me... search is your friend in this thread.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #997 of 2135 Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:

I think the Trinnov 12 channel is 16k, the 8 channel is 12k, and the 4 channel is 8k. But don't quote me... search is your friend in this thread.

Dan

Thanks Dan I did take the trouble to eventually read the thread in it's entirety and locate the information.

Blade
post #998 of 2135 Old 07-27-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I completed the eq'ing last night for the 7 main channels and tweaked the subs a bit: I honestly can't imagine using anything else at this point for a processor- everything considered. I'm curious to see a Dirac, but as far as any other device to compete- I have a hard time believing that there's another tool out there that can do what the Rhapsody can do when you have the right measurement equipment.

My only suggestions to tweak the PEQ software would be to make available shelf filters and all-pass filters, otherwise you're pretty complete.

Things are finally coming together with the Demo system; a little lighting control tweaking and we're all good! I think I smell a post-CEDIA HT meet coming-on....

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #999 of 2135 Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

I agree with Dan ... At this price there isn't any processor capable of delivering such sound for HT and with so much tweakability,. If you have the right tools or callibrator...you can do wonders with ADA ,, its just so flexible and has unlimited options.
post #1000 of 2135 Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Dan....please tell us about what speakers you're using.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #1001 of 2135 Old 07-28-2011, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

ATC fronts behind the microperf screen. Custom CAT in-wall surronds. 6x CAT 12" in-wall subs for balancing, 2x CAT 18" subs for LFE delivery. CAT 300.2 drives the 18"s, CAT 250.7 drives the 12"s. Halcro MC50 drives the surrounds (holdover from previous Halcro system).

Comcast/Motorola DCX-3400
Oppo BDP-95
Toshiba HD-100
Tag Mclaren tuner
BBE 2x6 processor (subs)
Lumagen Radiance XE
Titan Reference (2D)
12'x6' Stewart ST-130
Savant Automation
ipad

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1002 of 2135 Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 184
So it's not as simple as 1 amp (or 2 identical amps) driving 7 identical speakers or 7 identical powered speakers.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #1003 of 2135 Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

no.

However, the PEQ has allowed me to make them perform like 7 identical speakers - and considering the differences in location, that's quite a feat!

I couldn't do it without the resolution SMAART v7.2 affords me: 1/48th octave.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1004 of 2135 Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Where do I download the control software for the suite 7.1 HD 3D?
post #1005 of 2135 Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member

control or programming? There isn't control programming per-se; just the setup software.

My suggestion is to call Tom at ADA to get what you need, I'm pretty sure there are some tutorials on the dealer site. (It's all available via the dealer site)

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1006 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Since I have finished intial setup of the theater , I will like to comment on my ADA experience. The sound quality for HT is top notch ( I 'm using it with Seaton Catalysts) . My installer who has been involved in the theater and Mike Hamilton who callibrated the projector told me that it is one of the best HT sounds they have heard and they have been in several much more expensive theaters. I wont name any other Brands that I heard or that they mentioned when comparing the sound, as it was not A/B test and is a subjective opinion. I use it for 90% HTN and 10% music , and I dont feel any need for a separate 2 channel setup , with the sound I current ly have.
If anyone is considering ADA , I dont think he will be disappointed, with amount of flexibilty / tweakablility you have for the installation. The number of variables you can control is not even funny. The service is also fantastic. I had my first processor within a week or so of order. There was a slight hum in one of the back channels , which I initially thought was from problem with the wiring or the driver. But then I swapped balanced cables around , the hum stayed in whichever speaker was hooked up to that particular back channel. So my dealer contacted ADA and Richard was excellent in communicating and following up and he shipped new ADA and I received it the next week and shipped min e back in the same box and the new ADA woked perfectly. Didnt have any down time at all.
There havent been any glitches , bugs etc .

And to clarify my previous posts about software it worked on my Win7 -64 bit desktop without any problem , but wont load on my win 7 laptop .I did some research - I get a comm ocx error- it is some missing registry / file , I cant seem to fix , so I am using XP on that laptop and software works fine.

Mani
post #1007 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

And to clarify my previous posts about software it worked on my Win7 -64 bit desktop without any problem , but wont load on my win 7 laptop .I did some research - I get a comm ocx error- it is some missing registry / file , I cant seem to fix , so I am using XP on that laptop and software works fine.

Mani

Mani, shoot me your e-mail address as I know how to fix your OCX error as i) I had the same problem and ii) I solved...

Joel
post #1008 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Great review.

I've known this as well. There is no better SSP available.

Congrats!

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #1009 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Great review.

I've known this as well. There is no better SSP available.

Congrats!

You have been right all along..!!!
post #1010 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Can the Mach 4 handle S3D?
post #1011 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

yes, current and this last production runs are HDMI 1.4 (there was also a price increase because of this).

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1012 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

I have the most recent version , but haven't tried 3d as i don't have 3d projector.
post #1013 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mani, e-mail sent...good luck...

Joel
post #1014 of 2135 Old 08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Joel

Thanks for email. I re-registered the ocx files in windows , then got some missing dll file errors , so downloaded those as well and registered them using command prompt , HD suite and PEQ are working fine on laptop as well now.
Iso still doesn't work on that particular laptop - it gives invalid socket error. I don't need Iso anymore anyway as Ada is connected to my home network and accessible from anywhere and by irule..

Do you have any idea what the problem maybe with the windows on that particular laptop. Iso works fine on same laptop with xp and on desktop with win7, I went to advanced settings in firewall and opened 48616 and 17 ports .

Thanks
Mani
post #1015 of 2135 Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

Hi Joel

Thanks for email. I re-registered the ocx files in windows , then got some missing dll file errors , so downloaded those as well and registered them using command prompt , HD suite and PEQ are working fine on laptop as well now.
Iso still doesn't work on that particular laptop - it gives invalid socket error. I don't need Iso anymore anyway as Ada is connected to my home network and accessible from anywhere and by irule..

Do you have any idea what the problem maybe with the windows on that particular laptop. Iso works fine on same laptop with xp and on desktop with win7, I went to advanced settings in firewall and opened 48616 and 17 ports .

Thanks
Mani

Mani, happy to hear that we got HD Suite and PEQ working...I got your voice mail late last night and will call you later today to see whether we can get ISO working....

Joel
post #1016 of 2135 Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Do you guys use REW to make measurements and then input the filters to PEQ manually? If so, in REW EQ, which equalizer do you choose? Generic?
post #1017 of 2135 Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I have used REW to tune; used it as an rta only- generated the filters myself.

I currently use SMAART instead- I feel it's more reliable, plus it works on my mac natively, unlike REW.

But, I do this for a living, so I don't mind spending a grand on software that I use alot, and that is respected in the industry (commercial/pro sound world).

YMMV

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1018 of 2135 Old 08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
FWIW the latest REW works fine on a Mac, I haven't tried it myself but a friend uses it quite a lot and hasn't had any issues.

I find REW works pretty well with the ADA but it isn't perfect. None of the REW filter profiles match the number of filters or the PEQ ranges (cut/Q etc.) perfectly so you have to take the REW suggestions with a pinch of salt and use your common sense.

I tend to restrict the filters to below 1000Hz which is usually the worst area and without a really good mic you can forget the mid/high range anyway. (I use a calibrated ECM8000 which is 'ok' for a cheap mic). Reducing the range also helps to reduce the number of filters REW will suggest, 20 is not ideal when you only have 12 to play with .

You know if enough people asked (very nicely) and maybe donated on his site, I wouldn't be surprised if John Mulcahy would add an ADA profile to REW. You don't know unless you ask .

(http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/)

Adam
post #1019 of 2135 Old 08-31-2011, 03:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:

I have used REW to tune; used it as an rta only- generated the filters myself.

I currently use SMAART instead- I feel it's more reliable, plus it works on my mac natively, unlike REW.

But, I do this for a living, so I don't mind spending a grand on software that I use alot, and that is respected in the industry (commercial/pro sound world).

YMMV

Dan

Hey Dan,

I'm a Mac guy as well... Would the SMAART software work for a beginner? Can it lead you a series of steps to calibrate or no? I've always wanted to be able to learn, play with and do my own acoustical work.

Thanks!

* Also, how do you deal with the ADA PEQ as there are no shelf filters. An issue? I planned on using the PEQ for my speakers but my QSC DSP-30 for my subs.

I'm going to look at the TEQ at CEDIA - I think it is available - but I want to try out the PEQ before I make a substantial jump to the TEQ.

Thanks!

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #1020 of 2135 Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll get back to you later, Jeff. I'm fairly certain that you could do it, with a little training and practice.

more detail later.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page